Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I'm trying to remember a horror movie about a serial killer, and the details I remember are that he goes on a date with someone, who has kids. The kids end up getting murdered and she has to pretend to feed them. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Trickortreat posted:

I'm trying to remember a horror movie about a serial killer, and the details I remember are that he goes on a date with someone, who has kids. The kids end up getting murdered and she has to pretend to feed them. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

The House That Jack Built?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
For a friend, what he thinks is a movie:

"What i remember is a teenage boy is sat down by his parents and told that he is really an alien and the mother ship is coming tonight to take his family and all the other aliens that are hiding in the world back home. so he has to break up with his girlfriend and tells her the truth. the ending as i recall is him and his parents sitting on the ship when his girlfriend walks into the seating area and says "you'll never believe what my parents told me." (she is also of this alien race)."

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Abugadu posted:

For a friend, what he thinks is a movie:

"What i remember is a teenage boy is sat down by his parents and told that he is really an alien and the mother ship is coming tonight to take his family and all the other aliens that are hiding in the world back home. so he has to break up with his girlfriend and tells her the truth. the ending as i recall is him and his parents sitting on the ship when his girlfriend walks into the seating area and says "you'll never believe what my parents told me." (she is also of this alien race)."

Was this an episode of Steven Spielberg's amazing stories?

Yup, "Moving Day."

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 6, 2022

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

PeterCat posted:

Was this an episode of Steven Spielberg's amazing stories?

Yup, "Moving Day."

That looks like it, I’ll pass it along to him, thanks!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
That's also very similar to the premise of an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, except the protagonist is a girl.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CPL593H posted:

That's also very similar to the premise of an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, except the protagonist is a girl.

That was my first thought. Major difference being that the girl didn't know why the aliens were trying to abduct her until after they had to leave without her, and her human disguise failed, and they wouldn't be able to come back to get her for years.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cat Hatter posted:

That was my first thought. Major difference being that the girl didn't know why the aliens were trying to abduct her until after they had to leave without her, and her human disguise failed, and they wouldn't be able to come back to get her for years.

It's been a while since I saw it but I thought they either dropped hints or outright told her at some point. That scene where the chair is moving up to the ceiling and all the freaky looking aliens are reaching out to her is pure nightmare fuel.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Probably a made for TV kids' movie.

I only saw a clip of it, but it has somehow stuck with me for 20 years. Sort of a neverending story kind of thing where a human kid is transported to a fantasy world - all I remember from the scene is the kid going up against this group of royal duck people? There was a duck queen and some duck guards and I'm pretty sure they were all green-feathered. In the clip I saw they were fighting on a bridge or something in a large gray area (possibly a cylinder of some sort), and the duck queen gets pushed off the bridge and falls into a lake of acid.

It was definitely a newer film, made either in the mid-90s or the early 2000s.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Hakkesshu posted:

Probably a made for TV kids' movie.

I only saw a clip of it, but it has somehow stuck with me for 20 years. Sort of a neverending story kind of thing where a human kid is transported to a fantasy world - all I remember from the scene is the kid going up against this group of royal duck people? There was a duck queen and some duck guards and I'm pretty sure they were all green-feathered. In the clip I saw they were fighting on a bridge or something in a large gray area (possibly a cylinder of some sort), and the duck queen gets pushed off the bridge and falls into a lake of acid.

It was definitely a newer film, made either in the mid-90s or the early 2000s.

I think this is Magic in the Mirror (1996), or the sequel, Magic in the Mirror: Fowl Play (1997)

https://youtu.be/IazqmDmEYBI

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CPL593H posted:

It's been a while since I saw it but I thought they either dropped hints or outright told her at some point. That scene where the chair is moving up to the ceiling and all the freaky looking aliens are reaching out to her is pure nightmare fuel.

I skimmed it a few months ago because its one of the more memorable creepy episodes and I think it was a bunch of "we're going to help you develop telekinesis and we'll tell you all about it later. Ignore how we're also killing your brother" and it isn't fully explained until the aliens have left that "hey, we left you here years ago and weren't able to rescue you this trip. Stay safe until we can come back in a few more years. BTW, you look like a faceless alien now."

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I think this is Magic in the Mirror (1996), or the sequel, Magic in the Mirror: Fowl Play (1997)

https://youtu.be/IazqmDmEYBI

Nailed it, thanks. This looks dumb as gently caress!

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
This is just a snippet since I only saw the end or part of the movie, and that was ages ago. Mid- to late eighties, but I saw it on TV so the film could've been older still. It had a feel of older live-action Disney movies.

Protagonists were a boy and a girl, maybe siblings. They were on a lakeside, and there was a sort of swamp-thing, seaweed covered creature. Only it took off its face, and it was actually their grandfather, or kindly older friend. Then they laughed together. Maybe the fake creature had somehow scared away the films antagonists?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hannibal Rex posted:

Protagonists were a boy and a girl, maybe siblings. They were on a lakeside, and there was a sort of swamp-thing, seaweed covered creature. Only it took off its face, and it was actually their grandfather, or kindly older friend. Then they laughed together. Maybe the fake creature had somehow scared away the films antagonists?

This is a long shot, and some of the details don't match, but could it be the film in a film part of Ernest Saves Christmas? The guy taking over for SC was a children's performer and actor, and then got hired into a horror movie (without knowing it, which is :psyduck:). It very specifically involved a seaweed monster.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

What's that movie that ends with Filter's "Take a Picture"? It came out at the same time as the song– 1999-2003 ish. I don't remember the plot well but it might have been about twenty-somethings and maybe there was a romantic angle?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

DoubleCakes posted:

What's that movie that ends with Filter's "Take a Picture"? It came out at the same time as the song– 1999-2003 ish. I don't remember the plot well but it might have been about twenty-somethings and maybe there was a romantic angle?

According to IMDB, it's appeared in:

Saving Grace - 2000
Little Nicky - 2000
Valentine - 2001
The Girl Next Door - 2004
Back In The Day - 2014

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I’m searching for a movie that might not exist.

It’s about a submarine that been submerged for awhile and mysterious man just shows up from behind a door and surprises the crew. Or something like that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Raspberry Bang posted:

It’s about a submarine that been submerged for awhile and mysterious man just shows up from behind a door and surprises the crew. Or something like that.

Below, maybe?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276816/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Raspberry Bang posted:

There was a scene in The Abyss where one character who has been unconscious for half the movie randomly wakes up and reappears through a door to everyone's surprise

The Horse in Tears
Nov 3, 2014
That happens in one of the segments of Guy Maddin's The Forbidden Room.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There is an episode of the tv series Angel that has a series of events like that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Film or tv show where someone introduces themselves and the other person replies "your reputation precedes" (without "you" at the end). This popped into my head an hour ago and I'm sure it's something obvious but googling it just gives results about "what does 'your reputation precedes you' mean?" lol

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

morestuff posted:

According to IMDB, it's appeared in:

Saving Grace - 2000
Little Nicky - 2000
Valentine - 2001
The Girl Next Door - 2004
Back In The Day - 2014

My memories got mixed up and I was conflating by viewing experience of watching Little Nicky with the Sweetest Thing which ends with a Sugar Ray song.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

The Horse in Tears posted:

That happens in one of the segments of Guy Maddin's The Forbidden Room.

This was it! Thank you!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Film or tv show where someone introduces themselves and the other person replies "your reputation precedes" (without "you" at the end). This popped into my head an hour ago and I'm sure it's something obvious but googling it just gives results about "what does 'your reputation precedes you' mean?" lol

I could swear this is from the Office (US) but I can't say for sure

Edit: I might be thinking of "when the turntables..." but its still a possibility.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 7, 2022

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I've never watched the office, for some reason I can picture Sam Elliott saying it so it might be a western?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pilchenstein posted:

I've never watched the office, for some reason I can picture Sam Elliott saying it so it might be a western?

Sam Elliot popped up on Parks & Rec!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Davros1 posted:

Sam Elliot popped up on Parks & Rec!
I think it could be from his role on Justified actually, might need to rewatch all six seasons just to check :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pilchenstein posted:

I think it could be from his role on Justified actually, might need to rewatch all six seasons just to check :v:

Well, it does sound like a line from Justified

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
I saw the trailer for Unhinged and it made me think of a movie from awhile ago.

I never saw the movie, just the trailer, but I thought it was a woman cutting off a guy in traffic and then him stalking her. Any other memories I have of the trailer are too vague to be useful.

I think it was early 2000's and I feel that's when I remembered the term "road rage" taking off.

Anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

jjack229 posted:

I never saw the movie, just the trailer, but I thought it was a woman cutting off a guy in traffic and then him stalking her. Any other memories I have of the trailer are too vague to be useful.

I think it was early 2000's and I feel that's when I remembered the term "road rage" taking off.

It's two male leads but this is basically the plot of Changing Lanes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvIwotyCFuo

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008

morestuff posted:

It's two male leads but this is basically the plot of Changing Lanes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvIwotyCFuo

I came across that in my futile search. I am definitely picturing a female lead and a male stalker, but I could also be combining different movies in my head.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

jjack229 posted:

It's a lot more recent but that sounds like Unhinged with Russel Crowe.

e:lol I can't read

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 8, 2022

speedofdark
Jun 25, 2003
Nobody knows you when you're a stupid newbie.

jjack229 posted:

I was all, "oh finally, a movie I might actually know! It's got Russell Crowe in it..."

I looked up "Russell Crowe road rage movie". It's Unhinged. Which you referenced. Be glad you only saw the trailer. It's not good.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008

Opopanax posted:

It's a lot more recent but that sounds like Unhinged with Russel Crowe.

e:lol I can't read

speedofdark posted:

I was all, "oh finally, a movie I might actually know! It's got Russell Crowe in it..."

I looked up "Russell Crowe road rage movie". It's Unhinged. Which you referenced. Be glad you only saw the trailer. It's not good.

I enjoyed both of these, thanks :laugh:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

jjack229 posted:

It's probably not it, but John Hyams Alone from 2020 has a woman being car stalked by a serial killer in the first half. I believe it's a remake of some Scandinavian thriller.

Not the most original movie I've ever seen, but especially that first half is pretty tense.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 8, 2022

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

jjack229 posted:

Maybe Breakdown, Kurt Russell and JT Walsh from 1997?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I can’t think of another road rage movie with a woman but this topic reminded me of the movie Duel and that I haven’t seen it in many many years. This trailer has such a period feel / drive-in movie feel to it and I’m excited to watch it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m9aeCeHbiQ

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Deadly Encounter?

From the IMDB page here https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424939/reviews

"Restaurant hostess and mom Joanne Sanders has to work late one night. After she leaves the restaurant she accidently cuts a car off on the highway. This driver takes it personally and he begins to stalk and harrass Joanne."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

Hannibal Rex posted:

This is just a snippet since I only saw the end or part of the movie, and that was ages ago. Mid- to late eighties, but I saw it on TV so the film could've been older still. It had a feel of older live-action Disney movies.

Could this be Under the Mountain (1981) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202769/? It was a New Zealand tv series that was shown on Nickelodeon in the 80s. It has a brother and sister, a lakeside, swamp thing monsters, and a grandfather-like friend. The whole series is on youtube and archive.org.