Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
USPS cops wear masks, huh.

https://twitter.com/Katelyn_Caralle/status/1511828101411581960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

USPS cops wear masks, huh.

USPS cops don't gently caress around, and this only further confirms it

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
People on Twitter are saying that might have been an elaborate assassination attempt they disrupted. Fine, I guess!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

USPS cops don't gently caress around, and this only further confirms it

It is funny to see the FBI people walking in maskless and then a window shot of the USPS guys in N95s,

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 03:17 on Apr 8, 2022

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I might not have to risk catching Covid at an airport at all. Jetblue is canceling flights left and right.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It is, like, the Democrat thing to chase the votes of a wholly imaginary just-right-of-center voter base who would gladly vote Dem if just one mooooore concession is made.

Democrats are wholly captured by capital. Like, legitimately way more so than the Republican party at this point, since Republicans are still partially beholden to their completely insane base. Everything Democrats do is just an attempt to convince whatever's left of their core voters that they're actually the smart grownups in the room, and that they're not actually selling the country for pocket change.

Constantly chasing the middle-of-the-road voter is the easiest, lowest-effort thing they can do to create a smokescreen for their dogshit policy goals.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Acelerion posted:

Late this morning after a routine test administered twice daily by my concierge physician, I tested positive for sars-cov-2. I am asymptomatic as are 99% of people at this stage of infection and am thankful to have access to monoclonal antibodies that can be administered well within the window of opportunity due to my elite status.

I will be isolating with an army of doctors that will spare no expense to ensure my well being. God bless and vote democrat.
lmao :911:

Animal-Mother posted:

I might not have to risk catching Covid at an airport at all. Jetblue is canceling flights left and right.
who could have foreseen this!?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

not_superiority posted:

pelosi is just the worst

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

not_superiority posted:

pelosi is just the worst

She meets every standard of evil, not even hyperbole

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Without Pelosi we wouldn't have Open Biden so many sides

Also that awesome ice cream video

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Just tested positive again tonight, gently caress my life LOL. Only been a couple months since my last Omicron infection. And I'm triple vaxxed.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I read about the fox thing just now while "Welcome to the Jungle" started playing - truly :blessed:.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Trixie Hardcore posted:

YOU 👏 CAN 👏 LIE 👏

I understand that not everybody can do confrontation but if y’all can’t learn to stand up for yourself to save your own lives because you don’t want to seem pushy or rude you need to learn to lie.

“I’m so excited to be part of the team but I’ll have to skip restaurants, my husband Thoguh is immunocompromised, so I’m always careful to not risk getting anything that’s going around I could bring home.”

“Hey guys, help me out and put these masks on, doc says I can’t risk catching anything post surgery.”

People are being told that it’s insane to wear a mask unless they or someone they know is immunocompromised because we’ve decided that only the most fragile among us should avoid covid. They’re not thinking about you, they’re thinking about their own egos, sidestep their egos by LYING TO THEM. Don’t make it about making them feel judged for being reckless, make it about how you or a loved one needs extra consideration because you/they are in that small unlucky group of people who needs to mask.

Just loving lie to people, it’s really easy. None of these people are going to pay your bills or help you to your shower chair or hold your hand while the doctor takes you off the vent after they give you covid. They are thinking about themselves and how they don’t want anyone else thinking of them as being weak or scared of covid. They are primed to be hostile to healthy people who don’t want covid because acknowledging a healthy person has a reason to avoid covid would make them evaluate their own choices, but they’ve also heard that an unlucky few are allowed to be scared and unless someone is a blood psychopath they are going to put on a mask or let you opt out of that superspreader event so you or your loved one doesn’t die. If you’re worried about questions and you don’t think you can say “That’s the sort of thing I only talk about with my doctors” just research a condition and pretend you or your loved one has it. There is no reason to not lie to people if you can’t assert yourself, there is no reason to get covid from reckless people. My husband is completely non-confrontational so he tells people I’m immunocompromised and no one gives him poo poo about not wanting to catch a virus that would kill his wife. It is totally cool and fine to lie to people about this just for fun if you want but especially if it will help keep you and yours safe.

:patriot:

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

Goobish posted:

Just tested positive again tonight, gently caress my life LOL. Only been a couple months since my last Omicron infection. And I'm triple vaxxed.

Hope the succ and fucc was worcccth it

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FrancisFukyomama posted:

please stand for the long Covid anthem, “let’s get retarded” by the black eyed peas

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I did an eVisit about my dry cough and my pcp said they are seeing a lot of people with this along with some white spots in the back of the throat, but they are covid negative. he said it's acute bronchitis, but if it doesn't resolve in the next week to let him know. it's very minor at this point with only a few coughs every several hours.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://twitter.com/liam757vt/status/1511851649890930691

lmbo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they might be uncovering some carfentanyl or something idk

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

The Senate has displayed true leadership in getting covid before this BA.2 wave really starts spiking in the US.

It's because rich people flying every where seeds every loving wave :rubby:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/spiritnght2/status/1512095956820500495?t=59-2Qshkbq2fQHl4SO4bCg&s=19

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
so just due to poo poo happening and increasing opening around my family I think im going to buy a cue. I’ll think about it for a day but should have done it earlier this year.

edit: poo poo looking at individual test pricing I dunno, guess I won’t burn through 10 a year unless I’m a senator

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
In a thankfully virtual meeting I was in today where the white cis gays were busy throwing the trans people under the bus, one of the cis was also apologizing for his voice because of 'his cold.'

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you need to get checked, Dylan

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pingui posted:

I don't know if it'll change much, but hey:

Lol that our broken court system managed to delay this until the vaccine was almost useless.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

please, Covid-19, take Nancy wherever it is you take people.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Acelerion posted:

Late this morning after a routine test administered twice daily by my concierge physician, I tested positive for sars-cov-2. I am asymptomatic as are 99% of people at this stage of infection and am thankful to have access to monoclonal antibodies that can be administered well within the window of opportunity due to my elite status.

I will be isolating with an army of doctors that will spare no expense to ensure my well being. God bless and vote democrat.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShutterstockNow/status/1512144417532043272

New Supreme Court Associate Justice, new minority COVID case - many such cases!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FrancisFukyomama posted:

please remain seated on your shower stool for the long Covid anthem, “let’s get retarded” by the black eyed peas

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shiroc posted:

In a thankfully virtual meeting I was in today where the white cis gays were busy throwing the trans people under the bus, one of the cis was also apologizing for his voice because of 'his cold.'

It’s unreal the number of time I’ve heard “I thought my voice was dropping because the T was kicking in, but it turns out that I got COVID”.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Shiroc posted:

what the gently caress was the topic of the meeting?? :psyduck:

my sister recently had to raise holy hell over her assistant manager trying to say she's not allowed to mention her wife to customers at work because it's "too controversial" to bring up trans people

"can you recommend this product?" yes my [REDACTED] loves it

im lollin' but sincerely terrified for my sister and sister in law and wish we lived close to them.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

what the gently caress was the topic of the meeting?? :psyduck:

The cis gays trying to make the queer group actually be for the benefit of showing how respectable they are to the cishets. I was saying how I fiercely oppose having 'allies' on the goddamn board because it would shift the entire structure to be around their opinions and feelings and would prevent queer people from being able to having meaningful discussions about what we needed to do for ourselves. At this point the 'ally' went into a whole thing about how they really care but they will leave if they're not wanted :( :( :( and the cis gays leaping to reassure him that he was a good boy who everyone wanted there (and by inference, that I was just being an awful trans who didn't understand the REAL situation). That they were immediately proving my point was not lost on the other trans people in the meeting.

One of the cis gays was apologizing for his totally not covid voice, to be more clear.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Goobish posted:

drat that fuckin sucks. do you have child[ren] who attend day care/school??

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Shiroc posted:

The cis gays trying to make the queer group actually be for the benefit of showing how respectable they are to the cishets. I was saying how I fiercely oppose having 'allies' on the goddamn board because it would shift the entire structure to be around their opinions and feelings and would prevent queer people from being able to having meaningful discussions about what we needed to do for ourselves. At this point the 'ally' went into a whole thing about how they really care but they will leave if they're not wanted :( :( :( and the cis gays leaping to reassure him that he was a good boy who everyone wanted there (and by inference, that I was just being an awful trans who didn't understand the REAL situation). That they were immediately proving my point was not lost on the other trans people in the meeting.

jfc lol. it played out exactly like you said it would, immediately before your eyes, and yet no one learned anything at all

quote:

One of the cis gays was apologizing for his totally not covid voice, to be more clear.
and thus covid smote him :laugh:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Crackl-Ping got the rona

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512270694893170688

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

get him out of here, he's done to me.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this is what you get for being undisciplined

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

good thing the computer chair effortlessly swivels so i can turn my back on this man

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wasn't there a photo of him wearing a cloth mask a few months ago...? :thunk:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Don't like the persistent low level infection hypothesis for long COVID at all. It suggests there's a lot of people walking around incurring cumulative damage to various tissues and organs where the virus might be hiding out and slowly replicating. It would be an actual ticking time bomb of disease burden. But persistent infections clearly happen to some people and esp immunocompromised people. Maybe it's just most visible in their cases.

It'd be great if antiviral therapeutics could potentially help, but it's something that needs to be worked out quickly. OTOH giving therapeutics to people that can't entirely clear the virus seems like a good way to select for a therapeutic resistant variant.

edit:

Goobish posted:

Sorry to hear this! This is all so hard.

Maybe you can try to get Paxlovid, or even molnupiravir? People have posted details itt about possible avenues

Nocturtle has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Apr 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

jfc lol. it played out exactly like you said it would, immediately before your eyes, and yet no one learned anything at all

and thus covid smote him :laugh:

I'd like to thank the libs in the Seattle thread for giving me so much practice with how quickly libs melt down and lash out when a trans woman has strong, well thought out opinions that hurt their self image.

jk gently caress da libs