Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
What a fantastic episode, whole thing was tense except for Irving's scenes. Compared to what all the other characters had at play, his story was a drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

What a fantastic episode, whole thing was tense except for Irving's scenes. Compared to what all the other characters had at play, his story was a drag.

It was true to the character but yes I definitely wanted more about whatever outie Irving is up to

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Didn’t that reveal Irving is the mole? or did I misunderstand the scene with the printouts

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

That was stunning.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I was fully expecting Milchick to be playing a part in the life of someone's outtie.

Also, not sure where they go in season 2. Safe to say that none of those innie's will be motivated workers knowing what they now know.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 8, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

One of the most stressful episodes of tv I’ve ever watched for sure. I’m surprised I made it through without having to pause a handful of times.

I’m so glad Mark was able to get the words out first, I was worried everything was going to be for naught.

Dylan gets MVP for staying in position like a champ, I can feel the muscles in my arms scream out just watching that.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

EL BROMANCE posted:

One of the most stressful episodes of tv I’ve ever watched for sure. I’m surprised I made it through without having to pause a handful of times.

I’m so glad Mark was able to get the words out first, I was worried everything was going to be for naught.

Dylan gets MVP for staying in position like a champ, I can feel the muscles in my arms scream out just watching that.

Yeah, I was getting irritated because NONE of them were doing what they all promised they would do. I hate it when movies and TV shows do that thing where none of the characters are capable of communicating the most obvious of things.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Hughmoris posted:

I was fully expecting Milchick to be playing a part in the life of someone's outtie.

Also, not sure where they go in season 2. Safe to say that none of those innie's will be motivated workers knowing what they now know.

Something tells me we might find out what's down that elevator that Irving's been painting.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
lmao I didn’t realize Dylan was gonna have to hold the switches the entire time. My earlier thought of using the gift to help would have actually been a great idea :classiclol:

I felt like we were strung along a bit too much, especially how casually Mark was willing to wait around to politely tell his sister wtf is going on. I get they were completely out of their element and didn’t want to screw poo poo up completely but god drat.

Kreeblah posted:

That ended right where I figured it would. Holy poo poo, what a trip.

I did not expect Cobel to try to get back in with Lumon when she realized Mark was his innie self. Maybe I should have (given her shrine), but doing that immediately after telling outie Mark to get out . . . she turns on a loving dime.

I didn’t see this either! Makes sense though, imagine being kicked out of Scientology while still believing in it.

Hughmoris posted:

Also wondering how they deal with the insurrection. There’s no way things go back to business as usual!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah, I was getting irritated because NONE of them were doing what they all promised they would do. I hate it when movies and TV shows do that thing where none of the characters are capable of communicating the most obvious of things.

Yeah I wanted them to be logical but at the same time I completely bought into them just kinda freaking out due to an overwhelming situation. Mark just being so polite the whole time and happy to wait forever.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao I didn’t realize Dylan was gonna have to hold the switches the entire time. My earlier thought of using the gift to help would have actually been a great idea :classiclol:

I felt like we were strung along a bit too much, especially how casually Mark was willing to wait around to politely tell his sister wtf is going on. I get they were completely out of their element and didn’t want to screw poo poo up completely but god drat.

Yeah, I was getting annoyed with them stretching it out. You don't know how much time you have, just start blurting poo poo out and/or writing it down.

Also, Dylan was a trooper. Dude resisted the temptation of paintball and coffee koozies.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

impossible to deliver that final line better than Adam Scott did

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I think Milchick is involved with or related to Dylan in some way

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Tim Whatley posted:

Ooooo I could see that.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, my theory is that he is Dylan's brother. Would explain why he is so upset at the kid for breaking his promise.

Deadair
Jun 17, 2005

That may have been the best 40 minutes of tv that I've ever seen. Pure tension from start to finish.

voodoonoid
May 15, 2003

Turkeys fear me!
Anyone else get nervous for Irving when he got into the car and realized his innie has never driven a car?

This is going to be one hell of a wait for season 2.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What an incredible finale. Can’t wait until next season. This is not only the best show on apple+, it is the best television show of the year.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

On second watch, Irving's list has Dylan being 58 years old (dang) with the handwritten note "Who else is 58"

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Hughmoris posted:

I think his one had more revelations to uncover once we saw he was the mole with a severed employee list. One guy who was in a car crash and had a lawsuit with the city potentially was made to be severed! Also we got confirmation of Burt being in a gay relationship, it seems

EL BROMANCE posted:

His glasses were so close to falling off his nose towards the end.

stuart scott posted:

On second watch, Irving's list has Dylan being 58 years old (dang) with the handwritten note "Who else is 58"

There was another Dylan G above it with no notes.

edit: apparently it's Dylan George, which is the name with no notes, not the 58 y/o one

Kill All Cops fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 8, 2022

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Kill All Cops posted:

His glasses were so close to falling off his nose towards the end.

This was one of the most uncomfortable parts of the episode for me. I don’t even know why, but watching them slowly change position as they slid down his face just emphasized how he couldn’t move.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

My fiancée and I were cheering when Cool Ricken started reading from his book. I want a copy of it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that episode really delivered all the Ricken content i'd hoped for

"I sound like a sad old hamburger waiter, prattling on about sauces."

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So "revolving" has to be some form of immortality, right? Like somehow having your mind put in another body or something similar? Her dad's body is clearly on it's last legs. So maybe MDR is mind wiping people so Eagan can take over a body with no resistance

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Did we really learn anything new other than Helly's family backstory which alot of us had already figured out? Don't get me wrong, that was a thrilling episode of TV but I wish they had been a little more expository.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just started episode and weehaw

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, my theory is that he is Dylan's brother. Would explain why he is so upset at the kid for breaking his promise.

:chanpop:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

So "revolving" has to be some form of immortality, right? Like somehow having your mind put in another body or something similar? Her dad's body is clearly on it's last legs. So maybe MDR is mind wiping people so Eagan can take over a body with no resistance

i definitely thought this too. maybe the same procedures that can wipe and reset Innies can be used to wipe regular people, Ms. Casey style, and put an Eagen in to take over the body

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Not sure if anyone caught it but we know who the first Severed employee was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfZpEe7KIJ8&t=32s

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

What does PE stand for? It's the state that they're in and I couldn't quite read Irv's license plate.

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

quote:

There was another Dylan G above it with no notes.

edit: apparently it's Dylan George, which is the name with no notes, not the 58 y/o one

ah ok that makes more sense

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

What an infuriating episode.

It's 20 minutes of shock recovery, and nothing substantial happens until literally the last 3 minutes.

I mean literally literally, you can actually skip to the end -3 and get the whole episode.

I loving hate it when TV does this.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

What does PE stand for? It's the state that they're in and I couldn't quite read Irv's license plate.

Irving's license plate has numbers, a picture of Kier's face, and the phrase REMEDIUM HOMINIBUS on it -- same as Mark's earlier this season, looks like

i just assume that if we're in the US, it's a very alt history united states

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
shroe-dinjer? is he right in that and i am the goober saying shroe-dinger

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Did we really learn anything new other than Helly's family backstory which alot of us had already figured out? Don't get me wrong, that was a thrilling episode of TV but I wish they had been a little more expository.

I think that Irving doing work to track other severed people is pretty important. Doesn't really factor in to any events we've seen so far though.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

I was surprised by that too. Kind of creates a plot hole since like, if so few people work in security, who was around to flip them both when it first happened to him?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
mark! you doink!!!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I may not have enough RAM to feel the emotion but I just don't care about Irving's pining for Burt. They could have used that time for something much more interesting.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Lister posted:

I was surprised by that too. Kind of creates a plot hole since like, if so few people work in security, who was around to flip them both when it first happened to him?

Also, that dude has the shortest wingspan of anyone we've seen so far. Cobel probably has 6" on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This is the first time Irving has seen a dog, the whole episode should have been him playing fetch with that Very Good Dog. "Oh, I was supposed to do something? But DOG!"