Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
:synpa: * 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nocturtle posted:

giving therapeutics to people that can't entirely clear the virus seems like a good way to select for a therapeutic resistant variant.

And not giving them therapeutics selects an antibody resistant strain.

I know which one I’d consider the lesser danger.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Cracklping is no longer my king.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Cracklping is no longer my king.

someone dig up the cloth mask pic on his big podcasting fame day

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I hope Feigl-Ding’s infection collides with his covid knowledge and the resulting explosion annihilates all SARS-CoV-2 virions like a planetwide neuron bomb

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lmao, jetblue is merging with spirit

soon we will have the poo poo rear end pet fuckers of airlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEkjo5Imic

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Eric Feigl-Ding with his first positive take

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

got hit from his kid apparently, many such cases

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Soap Scum posted:

drat that fuckin sucks. do you have child[ren] who attend day care/school??

I'm 100% sure I must have caught it from work (and probably did the first time too). I end up having to go all over the place in the community, and transport people, pretty much every work day. My own fault for not upgrading to a respirator and power suit at this point. I have a lot of health problems normally so the only thing i even noticed was the loss of smell and funky taste. Looking back though I can see other symptoms that were probably a clue, like massive shits for no reason. But my test was negative Tuesday morning I believe. Took one tonight because of the no smell and slight coughing combo. Will test again in the morning but it's the loving darkest positive line I've ever seen yet lol.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Goobish posted:

I'm 100% sure I must have caught it from work (and probably did the first time too). I end up having to go all over the place in the community, and transport people, pretty much every work day. My own fault for not upgrading to a respirator and power suit at this point. I have a lot of health problems normally so the only thing i even noticed was the loss of smell and funky taste. Looking back though I can see other symptoms that were probably a clue, like massive shits for no reason. But my test was negative Tuesday morning I believe. Took one tonight because of the no smell and slight coughing combo. Will test again in the morning but it's the loving darkest positive line I've ever seen yet lol.

congrats!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Forseti posted:

It's because rich people flying every where seeds every loving wave :rubby:

It's so infuriating.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wasn't there a photo of him wearing a cloth mask a few months ago...? :thunk:

In his second tweet he mentions that his son was positive yesterday. He doesn't come out and say it but my guess is the kid brought it home.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

YOU 👏 CAN 👏 LIE 👏

I understand that not everybody can do confrontation but if y’all can’t learn to stand up for yourself to save your own lives because you don’t want to seem pushy or rude you need to learn to lie.

“I’m so excited to be part of the team but I’ll have to skip restaurants, my husband Thoguh is immunocompromised, so I’m always careful to not risk getting anything that’s going around I could bring home.”

“Hey guys, help me out and put these masks on, doc says I can’t risk catching anything post surgery.”

People are being told that it’s insane to wear a mask unless they or someone they know is immunocompromised because we’ve decided that only the most fragile among us should avoid covid. They’re not thinking about you, they’re thinking about their own egos, sidestep their egos by LYING TO THEM. Don’t make it about making them feel judged for being reckless, make it about how you or a loved one needs extra consideration because you/they are in that small unlucky group of people who needs to mask.

Just loving lie to people, it’s really easy. None of these people are going to pay your bills or help you to your shower chair or hold your hand while the doctor takes you off the vent after they give you covid. They are thinking about themselves and how they don’t want anyone else thinking of them as being weak or scared of covid. They are primed to be hostile to healthy people who don’t want covid because acknowledging a healthy person has a reason to avoid covid would make them evaluate their own choices, but they’ve also heard that an unlucky few are allowed to be scared and unless someone is a blood psychopath they are going to put on a mask or let you opt out of that superspreader event so you or your loved one doesn’t die. If you’re worried about questions and you don’t think you can say “That’s the sort of thing I only talk about with my doctors” just research a condition and pretend you or your loved one has it. There is no reason to not lie to people if you can’t assert yourself, there is no reason to get covid from reckless people. My husband is completely non-confrontational so he tells people I’m immunocompromised and no one gives him poo poo about not wanting to catch a virus that would kill his wife. It is totally cool and fine to lie to people about this just for fun if you want but especially if it will help keep you and yours safe.

:same: but also I get some people cannot do confrontation so thankfully there’s lying.

should be in the op

Morbus
May 18, 2004

fosborb posted:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
In the end, family always betrays you.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

fosborb posted:

please someone tweet this to him

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

silicone thrills posted:

In the end, family always betrays you.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

tangy yet delightful posted:

please someone tweet this to him

Nooo :( He's still cool don't do it!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Goobish posted:

ah, ouch :( hopefully this bout ends up alright. maybe hunt down paxlovid if you can given other conditions might qualify you?

anyway you might be surprised how comfortable a 3M 7500 or SecureClick is if that's part of what's holding you back. StealthMask is similarly comfy and a bit less intimidating if that's part of the issue. in both cases I would say noticeably more comfortable to wear than earloop masks.

good luck D:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1509065974367936515
https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1509065976490258433
https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1509069063472832515

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Goobish posted:

If you have a positive antigen test + symptoms you have COVID, no need to test again. Esp the loss of smell, that alone is strong evidence of COVID.

Here is a good post about getting treatments ASAP:

Joementum posted:

here's a link to a place that tracks what pharmacies have anti-COVID medications in stock. https://covid-19-therapeutics-locator-dhhs.hub.arcgis.com/

any doctor can prescribe it. if you get pushback, tell them you have one of the CDC's "certain medical conditions" that put you at higher risk of complications from COVID (not judging but you almost certainly have one of these)

you might not even need a doctor: here's the HHS Test to Treat page https://aspr.hhs.gov/TestToTreat/Pages/default.aspx

they have a locator that may have a pharmacy near you that may prescribe after a positive test. there's also a phone line you can call 1-800-232-0233
If your doctor or testtotreat isn't an option someone mentioned getting a prescription for therapeutics via Plushcare too. If you have health problems you can probably get a prescription without issue. It seems like you might have had symptoms for a few days which means you might be getting outside the effective treatment window, but if you have insurance maybe you can still try.

Also good luck, try not to stress about it! Easier said than done I know.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Salt Fish posted:

I think he'd laugh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nocturtle posted:

Don't like the persistent low level infection hypothesis for long COVID at all. It suggests there's a lot of people walking around incurring cumulative damage to various tissues and organs where the virus might be hiding out and slowly replicating. It would be an actual ticking time bomb of disease burden. But persistent infections clearly happen to some people and esp immunocompromised people. Maybe it's just most visible in their cases.

It'd be great if antiviral therapeutics could potentially help, but it's something that needs to be worked out quickly. OTOH giving therapeutics to people that can't entirely clear the virus seems like a good way to select for a therapeutic resistant variant.

edit:

Sorry to hear this! This is all so hard.

Maybe you can try to get Paxlovid, or even molnupiravir? People have posted details itt about possible avenues

The general feeling for a long rear end time is that long COVID is just COVID that isn't getting cleared by your immune system. The twitter thread there is in testing in multiple sites that I am aware of rn.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Schnorkles posted:

The general feeling for a long rear end time is that long COVID is just COVID that isn't getting cleared by your immune system. The twitter thread there is in testing in multiple sites that I am aware of rn.

I think it's that, combined with a range of symptoms caused by systemic inflammation and covid's propensity for causing neuropathy. But what do I know?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

I still think he's cool wrt covid, but I also think that's an extremely funny joke that he would laugh at.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Animal-Mother posted:

lmao, jetblue is merging with spirit

soon we will have the poo poo rear end pet fuckers of airlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEkjo5Imic

I’m assuming you didn’t make it out here? lol probly for the best we’re floating away today, gotten probably 3 inches of rain since this morning and it is not stopping

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fosborb posted:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

That therapeutic locator site is interesting. Paxlovid is generally hard to find in the NYC area and it's immediate surroundings, but at first glance it's all over the place in more rural areas. It's a recapitulation of the vaccine rollout almost exactly a year later. Molnupiravir is everywhere though.

It occurs to me that right now is probably the best time to get therapeutics in the US if you get sick, a little while after a wave when supplies have been replenished. It might get much harder to find them in a few weeks when the BA2 wave is going.

Schnorkles posted:

Well that sucks.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

toggle posted:

should be in the op

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I’m assuming you didn’t make it out here? lol probly for the best we’re floating away today, gotten probably 3 inches of rain since this morning and it is not stopping

yeah, flight got cancelled but i really dont think it's because of the weather. planes can land in the rain. bit harder when flight crews just aren't available. there's innumerable stories on twitter right now about customer service just failing on every platform, internet, phone, etc. nobody's even manning the desks at the airports.

and now my partner's crying because i was able to fix the car rental pickup time by clicking an obscure button she couldn't find. i'm sure this trip will go fantastically when we get on a different flight tomorrow. :(

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Joementum posted:

here's a link to a place that tracks what pharmacies have anti-COVID medications in stock. https://covid-19-therapeutics-locator-dhhs.hub.arcgis.com/

any doctor can prescribe it. if you get pushback, tell them you have one of the CDC's "certain medical conditions" that put you at higher risk of complications from COVID (not judging but you almost certainly have one of these)

you might not even need a doctor: here's the HHS Test to Treat page https://aspr.hhs.gov/TestToTreat/Pages/default.aspx

they have a locator that may have a pharmacy near you that may prescribe after a positive test. there's also a phone line you can call 1-800-232-0233

This should also be in the op

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Schnorkles posted:

How does that gel with SARS-CoV-2 evolving to be better and better at immune escape? Seems not great.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

zetamind2000 posted:

This should also be in the op

I'm updating the OP this weekend. Please everybody be a peach and don't get covid until then, no offense Goobish. Thanks!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

no

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512271549298057217got it from his son most likely? also holy gently caress his health conditions, hope it hits him mild
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512286940304920579eric pointing out the reporting blackhole, we've already known all this but still, lol at everything

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Imagine if this ad fell through a time portal to April of 2021.
very cool, i'll be sure to tell my toddler this tomorrow morning

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

Nancy knew she had Covid and bioterrorism’d Biden

Slay queen
:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tulip posted: