Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I thought he was an interesting dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

i’d rather have another AOC interview than 90 minutes of rehab/psych ward stories or a list of the best places in berkeley to shoot meth in 2009

I know too many people like him already

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

TenementFunster posted:

i’d rather have another AOC interview than 90 minutes of rehab/psych ward stories or a list of the best places in berkeley to shoot meth in 2009

Why do you listen to this show when you seem to hate Liz and Brace and their stories and opinions?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

i say swears online posted:

I know too many people like him already
a lot of it is a dude having California Voice in spite of being in his 40s

e: haaahaahahahah "my uncle was army intelligence in japan and he works for nintendo"

Bust Rodd posted:

Why do you listen to this show when you seem to hate Liz and Brace and their stories and opinions?
it's a great show! brace and liz are delightful and mostly cover interesting topics, but i don't have to take them or their opinions seriously all the time! all the NATO/Gladio conspiracy poo poo can get a bit stupid, and boy oh boy did liz Do A No Growth after being disastrously wrong about russia invading ukraine!

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 8, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why is it "disastrously" wrong. What disaster happened from a podcaster being wrong

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Heath posted:

Why is it "disastrously" wrong. What disaster happened from a podcaster being wrong

she was in charge of the international brigades' defense of kherson you idiot

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Heath posted:

in that episode, the guest mark ames specifically said that all the people who were leaving the country out of fear that russia would invade were stupid because russia wouldn't invade, and how horrible it was that all these libs on twitter he didn't like on twitter were telling people to leave the country because russia absolutely wouldn't invade :)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Going on your broadcast and saying “GET OUT GET OUT THE REDS ARE COMING YOURE ALL GONNA FUCKIN DIE!” wouldn’t have been any less “disastrous”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Ukraine itself was playing down the likelihood of invasion right up to the point it started.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

Going on your broadcast and saying “GET OUT GET OUT THE REDS ARE COMING YOURE ALL GONNA FUCKIN DIE!” wouldn’t have been any less “disastrous”
lmao getting the gently caress out in feburary was absolutely the right move. being stuck in an active war zone for a few months has been disaster for millions of people. you don't need to put it in scare quotes because your favorite podcaster was wrong about one of the biggest world events since the syrian civil war.

Seams posted:

Ukraine itself was playing down the likelihood of invasion right up to the point it started.
gonna need an actual quotation here that isn't just "we hope it won't come to it!" ukraine was acting like an invasion of coming by taking billions of dollars of arms from the US and EU right up until the moment russia invaded. it's a good thing they did, too!

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 8, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenementFunster posted:

in that episode, the guest mark ames specifically said that all the people who were leaving the country out of fear that russia would invade were stupid because russia wouldn't invade, and how horrible it was that all these libs on twitter he didn't like on twitter were telling people to leave the country because russia absolutely wouldn't invade :)

Do you sincerely believe that this affected anybody's decision, anywhere

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Heath posted:

Do you sincerely believe that this affected anybody's decision, anywhere
yes, because it's a way more responsible assumption than "the things my podcast friends say don't actually matter." people should be held to account for the things they say, including the predictions they make! this might be kayfabe to the neocon think tank shitheads who were wrong about iraqi WMDs or Mark Ames or Liz being wrong about the russia invasion, but tens of millions of actual lives are at risk now!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenementFunster posted:

yes, because it's a way more responsible assumption than "the things my podcast friends say don't actually matter." people should be held to account for the things they say, including the predictions they make! this might be kayfabe to the neocon think tank shitheads who were wrong about iraqi WMDs or Mark Ames or Liz being wrong about the russia invasion, but tens of millions of actual lives are at risk now!

You seem to be an idiot

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m sure all the Ukrainian prog-commies were waiting with baited breath to escape before Liz DISASTROUSLY assuaged their fears, condemning them to death. Thank goodness you’re holding them accountable.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i don't know why you guys keep bringing this up when all you say is "actually being wrong doesn't matter when my team does it." what a dumb argument!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

TenementFunster posted:

gonna need an actual quotation here that isn't just "we hope it won't come to it!" ukraine was acting like an invasion of coming by taking billions of dollars of arms from the US and EU right up until the moment russia invaded. it's a good thing they did, too!

https://www.ft.com/content/7718e11d-ca4c-4e6c-91b6-487a4cf84ab9

“We do understand what the risks are,” Zelensky said at a press conference, where he disputed some of the Pentagon’s assessment, saying that “we do not see a bigger escalation” than last spring when Russia’s military build-up started. “We don’t need this panic,” he added.”

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100827000

https://amp.france24.com/en/europe/20220218-military-tactics-zelensky-plays-both-sides-in-ukrainian-crisis

I mean lots of people thought Russia was just posturing like they had done in the past. They were wrong but it’s not like there were no reasons to believe Russia would not invade. An invasion didn’t make much sense even from Russia’s POV and I’m still surprised Putin went ahead with it.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
whatever man this shits boring who cares

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Seams posted:

https://www.ft.com/content/7718e11d-ca4c-4e6c-91b6-487a4cf84ab9

“We do understand what the risks are,” Zelensky said at a press conference, where he disputed some of the Pentagon’s assessment, saying that “we do not see a bigger escalation” than last spring when Russia’s military build-up started. “We don’t need this panic,” he added.”

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100827000

https://amp.france24.com/en/europe/20220218-military-tactics-zelensky-plays-both-sides-in-ukrainian-crisis

I mean lots of people thought Russia was just posturing like they had done in the past. They were wrong but it’s not like there were no reasons to believe Russia would not invade. An invasion didn’t make much sense even from Russia’s POV and I’m still surprised Putin went ahead with it.
that's paywalled, so i can't read it. the quote you provided in exactly what i meant when i said "we hope it won't come to it!" when what zelensky was really doing at the time he said that was participating an enormous campaign to import billions in military aid from the US and EU.

but yeah, lots of people were wrong. russia certainly had done a lot of posturing in the past, but they has also done a lot of actually invading places in the past, including ukraine! most of those people who were wrong actually acknowledged it! even mark ames and john dolan were pretty humbled. lyin' liz explicitly refused to even acknowledge it! real clown poo poo.

Gone Fashing posted:

gotta defend my podcast friends!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
oh weird about the paywall the full article comes up for me. but yeah I mean I think people expected any military action from Russia to be far more limited and restricted to those breakaway regions in the east which would be a smaller in scope and more muddier issue than the full scale invasion that actually occurred. after Brexit, trump and now this I hope people realise making predictions is a fools game

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

TenementFunster posted:

that's paywalled

Give https://12ft.io/ a shot

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Seams posted:

oh weird about the paywall the full article comes up for me. but yeah I mean I think people expected any military action from Russia to be far more limited and restricted to those breakaway regions in the east which would be a smaller in scope and more muddier issue than the full scale invasion that actually occurred. after Brexit, trump and now this I hope people realise making predictions is a fools game
"people"? the people i am talking about, Liz and Brace from the TrueAnon podcast, explicitly said no invasion would happen at all. i think Liz's exact quotation was "it wont happen. it just won't happen."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
yeah and they got owned

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

yawn

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Don’t you guys realize that my podcasters were WRONG? They had a BAD TAKE! They CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!”

Tenement Funster challenge: find literally one other person on Earth who gives a gently caress

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

a lot of it is a dude having California Voice in spite of being in his 40s

e: haaahaahahahah "my uncle was army intelligence in japan and he works for nintendo"

it's a great show! brace and liz are delightful and mostly cover interesting topics, but i don't have to take them or their opinions seriously all the time! all the NATO/Gladio conspiracy poo poo can get a bit stupid, and boy oh boy did liz Do A No Growth after being disastrously wrong about russia invading ukraine!

Wait you think gladio was a conspiracy? I hope you mean in terms of like, an actual thing that happened

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

cant believe this would happen on the podcast that was started to cover the epstein saga a week before he got offed

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is "Epstein didn't kill himself" a conspiracy on the level of "Bush did 9/11" or "CIA killed JFK" where there's actual back and forth or do you think we'll all settle eventually on "it's widely accepted that Epstein and his associates were murdered, pretty much in broad daylight in front of the whole country very, extremely, incredibly obviously"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gone Fashing posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you all just hate the ex troop guy because he looks like a goon

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just turning my monitor off and on and recoiling at each image

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
That guy’s blog has a premise that could be super interesting but, unfortunately, his writing is as focused and clear as his speaking.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
yeah for some reason the guy who jumped out of a moving car because he thought his dad was sending him coded messages that the car was about to blow up speaks and writes like an insane person

weird

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

i love the episodes like this where the banter is good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

Tenement Funster challenge: find literally one other person on Earth who gives a gently caress
it’s you, because you can’t let it go!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Wait you think gladio was a conspiracy? I hope you mean in terms of like, an actual thing that happened
yes, it was a literal conspiracy that is also heavily overstated in its scope and effect by a couple podcast people.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

brace is also an ex troop, support are veterans

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

AnimeIsTrash posted:

From his voice I thought he would look like pftcommenter or something

wild

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

did the guest just claim that nintendo was founded by army intelligence post-war? lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah this guest seems ... More questionable than their usual fare

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

the guest is local to me I'm pretty sure lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

did the guest just claim that nintendo was founded by army intelligence post-war? lmao

"Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley were designed to militarize and train the Japanese youth since Japan was severely disarmed after WW2 "

Some dude