Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

I'm all for make fun of my own country and indulging in its stereotypes, but I'm sure other people can find it offensive. I think is an exaggerate reaction, but I'm not going to ridicule them just because my skin is thicker than theirs.

Ive never seen the poster youre quoting before but very sus they decided to make thier first posts in this thread about how actually stereotypes are awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So I play both Yugioh and Magic, and this is some Yugioh rear end design. Sure just let them play a card from grave every turn for a sac and the original mana cost.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HootTheOwl posted:

The future of fetches?

My first read of that was Basic Land, Swamp or Mountain card and thought it was insane.

As it is its still pretty good.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My first read of that was Basic Land, Swamp or Mountain card and thought it was insane.

As it is its still pretty good.

It's tapped so I doubt it will break in any format where fetches are legal. So pick 'em up for Pioneer.
And they're common!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, a point of life isn't much benefit for otherwise being worse than Evolving Wilds.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
It's not constructed playable for anything except the most budget of Commander decks

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Huxley posted:

I dunno, a point of life isn't much benefit for otherwise being worse than Evolving Wilds.

They are not constructed playable in any way, but the only reason to use EW instead of these is to play 4 or more colors.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
They’re for limited to help push 3-color decks while making it tougher to make 5-color good stuff

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah terramorphic expanse and evolving wilds are pretty much junk now in pauper or historic pauper unless you are playing a wedge or 4+ colors

that being said I will love to snap these up in draft, especially on the wheel during the first weekend

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

No spells or art referencing "Robert De Niro kicks/stomps", "The good Halo is in the back", "Appolonia, NO! *car explosion*", or even a modal card with a Speakeasy land on the back of it. Wrap it up MTGailures. :colbert:

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I still put terramorphic expanse and evolving wilds in most of my commander decks because I'm a scrub, i could see this seeing play in landfall decks if it comes in other colours.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

new mana cost just dropped

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
When there is no more room in the Commander set, the extremely wordy legendary creatures will walk the Streets of New Capenna

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Flash. When a vampire ETB steal the first card from an opponent (but you can play only one of these cards for each turn).

[+ stuff to let you play off color cards and to let you play them even if this creature is removed]

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

Flash. When a vampire ETB steal the first card from an opponent (but you can play only one of these cards for each turn).

[+ stuff to let you play off color cards and to keep them if this creature is removed]

nice try but it also hits your library

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Barry Shitpeas posted:

nice try but it also hits your library

Eh, small font.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I wonder if there is any use to keyword the whole "you may use mana of any color to cast those spells" effect that comes with stealing cards from the opponent - but it may be more trouble than its worth. It just gets very wordy.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

new mana cost just dropped

calls to mind Psully talking about how mixed mana symbols are just the designers jizzing over themselves for no gameplay or mechanical benefit

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Each card, you say? And it can trigger on opponents’ turns?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
ahh the glorious return of the 'Big Red Enchantment that does a splashy but probably not worth it effect'

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Feels like a long time since we had one of those

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Mike N Eich posted:

ahh the glorious return of the 'Big Red Enchantment that does a splashy but probably not worth it effect'

Tis true but I'm going to enjoy trying to make it work with Unexpected Windfall.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Mike N Eich posted:

I wonder if there is any use to keyword the whole "you may use mana of any color to cast those spells" effect that comes with stealing cards from the opponent - but it may be more trouble than its worth. It just gets very wordy.
One of my pet peeves is sometimes they say any color, and sometimes any type. The only difference is for snow costs and mandatory colorless which come up do rarely but there doesn't seem to be a pattern for which they choose.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

kalel posted:

calls to mind Psully talking about how mixed mana symbols are just the designers jizzing over themselves for no gameplay or mechanical benefit

I actually said “ugh, that casting cost!” out loud.

Mike N Eich posted:

Expensive value engine enchantments that go “well” with Hive Mind are perfect for whenever I get around to updating my Nin EDH deck, and basically nobody else. I guess sometimes they end up as a 1-of in a control deck that needs inevitability for a week or two.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Seriously though who gives a gently caress about "steal your opponent's card" effects outside of limited in the era of fire design? I want to cast the cards in my deck and forward my game plan! you're crowding the cards with the jank lines of text required to make your stupid pet mechanic work only for your own benefit!

Ken nagle is a menace to card design and needs to be stopped

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

kalel posted:

Seriously though who gives a gently caress about "steal your opponent's card" effects outside of limited in the era of fire design? I want to cast the cards in my deck and forward my game plan! you're crowding the cards with the jank lines of text required to make your stupid pet mechanic work only for your own benefit!

They're fun

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

kalel posted:

*pwnage intensifies*

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kalel posted:

Commander players can now play multiple copies of the completely broken card that is in every deck. That's value!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

kalel posted:

If you put "Draw a card" next to "Draw a card from your opponent's deck" I think it's interesting that different players will value them much differently

Stealing your opponent's card is such a Timmy thing to do and I love it

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

kalel posted:

I like them when they're efficient enough to see play. Sure, your own cards are better, but more options between the value of not drawing a card and drawing a card is a good thing. I like how it creates different game states and can significantly warp the overall plan I'm working towards within a matchup depending on what's hit, and that the value changes depending on what the opponent is playing.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I love Gonti effects and I'm not sorry about it.

I made a deck to cheat out Nicol Bolas God Pharoah as early as turn 3 and I was always disappointed when people would snap concede instead of letting me play their deck against them.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
You: I play real cards, that do something, that I want on my side of the battlefield.
Me: I play Zedruu. You can have (almost) anything from my deck, since I was going to give it to you anyway...but it'd be nice if I could use your stuff too!

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Gonti effects are real fun for power cube too

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

kalel posted:

I hate steal designs and I hate controlling other player's turns. They just bog down the game with time consuming, but usually pointless effects.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I imagine it's one of those effects like extra turns that deeply enfranchised and competitive players are down on but test through the roof with the other 85% of the playerbase.

Ripping exactly the answer you need off the top of your opponent's deck with a Robber is dumb luck, but it's also a good story.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

-_-

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Rag is seeing tons of play tho

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mike N Eich posted:

Thankfully the break has put Invoke calamaty and Hazorets Undying Fury into the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

kalel posted:

The flash on the card makes me think it's intended for commander, to counter folks tutoring to the top of their library.

You know, like a 6 mana, worse Opposition Agent.