Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ooh, Ranked for Crystalline Conflict is Solo-only, so that should hopefully severely reduce the usability of win-trades.

And there's only Quick Chat in Casual and Ranked, so there's going to be less toxic rear end in a top hat poo poo to deal with.

Still a 30 minute penalty if you dodge, which is significant since matches are only 5 minutes plus overtime.

Something about Portraits they didn't cover in the PLL:
  • If you set a portrait to your Adventurer Plate, the Job and equipped gear will stay static for that Plate until you update the portrait.
  • You can also set portraits as an Instant Portrait, and these will automatically update with your Job and equipped gear.
  • Portraits can be set to a gear set, which will automatically set it as the Instant Portrait when you swap to that gear set.
  • Instant Portraits are used for introducing your character. Currently this is only for Crystalline Conflict, but they do plan to extend the feature. (Mahjong was specifically mentioned in the PLL, for example.)

I'm assuming they've also added the new draw and sheath animations as emotes, which is nice. That unfortunately makes it less likely they'll be the default when we do that outside of using the emotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Buttons instead of zipper, but the colors on the left remind me of a Carhartt jacket

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This alone would make 6.1 a top tier patch.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I'm really curious as to whether this will trigger if your target dies mid-cast. Not being able to fire off a single spell because the monsters I was targetting kept dying is one of my biggest issues with dungeon BLM.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm really curious as to whether this will trigger if your target dies mid-cast. Not being able to fire off a single spell because the monsters I was targetting kept dying is one of my biggest issues with dungeon BLM.

Same, op.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So it looks like Troll mount is tied to doing Unreal content. I really want that mount but I also generally don’t do hard content. Will have to see if there’s a goon group that I can join that will be running.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Edmond Dantes posted:

And a big waste of Summoner's big summon attacks, which just don't go off if the target dies.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The display of target indicators for certain battle mechanics has been adjusted for the following duties:

Brayflox's Longstop (Hard)
The Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard)
Syrcus Tower
The World of Darkness

Farewell to watching that guy with the purple mark on 5 Headed dragon running off to die alone.
Hello to watching that guy with the stack marker on 5 Headed dragon running off to die alone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Black Stones posted:

So it looks like Troll mount is tied to doing Unreal content. I really want that mount but I also generally don’t do hard content. Will have to see if there’s a goon group that I can join that will be running.

I believe you can market board Faux Hollows rewards

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We can now skip cutscenes in Prae, but not Meridium. Am I seeing that right?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Unreal is also typically not actually very hard. Leviathan was a huge pain in the rear end due to old encounter design stuff so if that scared you off it won't be a problem this time around most likely.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ultima was an easy fight iirc. He did have a few wipe mechanics but it's a very early fight so it shouldn't be much mechanically.

The deal with Unreals is that the sync is tuned to be similar to min iLvl back in the day so you actually have to put effort in DPS.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

We can now skip cutscenes in Prae, but not Meridium. Am I seeing that right?

Probably skip the beginning and end cutscenes but not one in the middle.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

poo poo I just noticed the punch fist emote picture is on a volcano

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just FYI: if you're a girl that wants the Boulevardier's Ruffled Shirt for next patch, now's probably the time to buy. Boutique Batiste only comes from Eureka Pagos, and people are snatching up the raw mats en masse, so the price will probably spike up pretty badly by the time the patch drops.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

are these the "This is Thancred" things?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Badger of Basra posted:

are these the "This is Thancred" things?

Yes.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Friendship has ended with male roe in 2B thong.

New best friend is male roe in Rathalos coil.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

anyway best patch ever bc I was just thinking to myself the other day that the Oasis fem top is way cooler than the male one and it's too bad I can't wear it, and now yoship has solved my problem

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Changes to almost all of the worst ARR dungeons, thank goodness.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sirtommygunn posted:

Changes to almost all of the worst ARR dungeons, thank goodness.

maybe they got rid of toto rak slime

probably not

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Robo Reagan posted:

probably not

They did

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, the best change in this whole loving patch is whatever they did to fix all of Copperbell's bosses

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Fix to Copperhell bosses: now all three bosses are just slimes that gradually get bigger and bigger

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm looking forward to going through all of the old dungeons just to see what they look like now

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

dzemael change sticks out to me. it's not an msq dungeon, but they've changed the route you take through it?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

probably not

They got rid of it so hard it was a bullet point in part 2 of the liveletter lol

Patch looks godly. Can't wait to see the new PvP movesets.

E:

Leraika posted:

I'm looking forward to going through all of the old dungeons just to see what they look like now

I had been planning to do a replay of ARR since the rework. I started an alt when 6.0 came out and pretty much played up to the first dungeon before getting distracted by other games, pretty interested in playing more on him now that ARR's been tweaked majorly again

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 8, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Finally, a filter to search the market board for only minions and music rolls I don't already have.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
More triple triad cards and opponents :getin:

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Still think my idea of turning the slime into slippy slidey goop that rushed you forwards uncontrollably would have been funnier.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Arist posted:

Anyway, the best change in this whole loving patch is whatever they did to fix all of Copperbell's bosses

It might not be the worst dungeon!

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Vitamean posted:

dzemael change sticks out to me. it's not an msq dungeon, but they've changed the route you take through it?

It's gotta be some change to the frog cliff of doom area.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Falling off of Titan is no longer a problem

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Finally, a filter to search the market board for only minions and music rolls I don't already have.

Best pa-

Waffleman_ posted:

Falling off of Titan is no longer a problem

what the gently caress

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I actually did a copperbell hard for my numbers yesterday. Upon zoning in, the healer had some macro to say in party about not fearing cos "heelz is here" or something dumb. I retorted with "Ah, the worst part of copperbell. Macros." and got two comms for it at the end. :3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Declining any and all rezzes if Titan knocks me off.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

An honourable post.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

FuturePastNow posted:

And a big waste of Summoner's big summon attacks, which just don't go off if the target dies.

Luckily you do have a few seconds later to attack another target and they’ll still do their big attack before leaving

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

:hmmyes:

Meanwhile, I'm meeting Mavis at the malt shop later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Anyone got the video handy of fighting titan that periodically cuts to a dead dragoon on the ground along with the muffled theme?