Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

COVID-19 ticks up in wastewater — Are we in the midst of a new surge?

Verge of a surge?

Just a blip?

Reasons to be hopeful

Reducing the risk

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME

Allah'u akbar, enjoy her.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yeah no kidding .. we had a guy come in who had a crown fail and didn’t get it checked out right away, it got infected And swollen to the point where he couldn’t breath. Of course at that point his whole pharynx got swole up and they couldn’t pass an endotracheal tube, so they had to do an emergency tracheostomy. If that wasn’t bad enough, the ICU stay went bad and he got bad case of delirium and it was a whole affair, idk if he ever recovered fully.

Guy was like mid 40s and average health, too. Gave me a new respect for dental health :D

holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 18:07 on Mar 4, 2023

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yeah no kidding .. we had a guy come in who had a crown fail and didn’t get it checked out right away, it got infected And swollen to the point where he couldn’t breath. Of course at that point his whole pharynx got swole up and they couldn’t pass an endotracheal tube, so they had to do an emergency tracheostomy. If that wasn’t bad enough, the ICU stay went bad and he got bad case of delirium and it was a whole affair, idk if he ever recovered fully.

Guy was like mid 40s and average health, too. Gave me a new respect for dental health :D

thats why we gotta remove dental coverage as much as possible

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME

Hooray! May only good health follow!

thread bankrupcy: I feel like garbage today, and I'm wondering if any tests are reliably finding the current variants? I can probably get a PCR at work, but I also have government tests at home.

This could all just be side effects from stress, and a probable panic attack, but I'd like to know for sure.

... The office nurse has been coughing more than usual lately too. Her office is next to ours.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post COVID posted:

Verge of a surge?

Just a blip?

Reasons to be hopeful

Reducing the risk

we're in the middle of a huge wave but testing was shut down so there's only a couple metrics left by which we can watch it like wastewater and they'll figure out how to shut that down too I'm sure

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME

woohoo

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

So today is the last day for congress to pass any additional covid funding ahead of their 2 week recess.

Have they even signaled that they're going to try and let out a wet fart of an attempt?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fully Automated Luxury Communism

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
also I’ve never had a cavity :agesilaus:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I wish the "give me Applebees or give me death" jokes weren't so cliched, because it's quite literally what a huge percentage of Americans believe.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

So today is the last day for congress to pass any additional covid funding ahead of their 2 week recess.

Have they even signaled that they're going to try and let out a wet fart of an attempt?

pretty rude to expect members of congress to work when they've got covid

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Swabbing my throat (draconianly)

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME

hell yeah!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

AppleNippleBOB posted:

What does your heart tell you

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

stop putting roni in me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

post COVID posted:

Verge of a surge?

Just a blip?

Reasons to be hopeful

Reducing the risk

:lol:

I did get shouted at when I bought my Corsi materials at lunch, I didn't really realize it at the time but it was something like "(unintelligible) help you buddy!" coming out of the passenger side of a beat up truck. Took me a minute to realize that it was happening.

Yeah, we're definitely in the upswing of a wave, the only time people shout things at me are when COVID is over

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhA2rc14N4

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

there will be many wet farts and shids on the hill, but 0 attempt at passing covid funding.

also this

The Saucer Hovers posted:

stop putting roni in me

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Failson posted:

Hooray! May only good health follow!

thread bankrupcy: I feel like garbage today, and I'm wondering if any tests are reliably finding the current variants? I can probably get a PCR at work, but I also have government tests at home.

This could all just be side effects from stress, and a probable panic attack, but I'd like to know for sure.

... The office nurse has been coughing more than usual lately too. Her office is next to ours.

Get a PCR if you can, it's your best bet at getting an accurate result and will help for any treatment you might need. Rapid test accuracy on Omicron is at like 37%. Hope you don't have covid!

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I wish the "give me Applebees or give me death" jokes weren't so cliched, because it's quite literally what a huge percentage of Americans believe.

What's that person mad about? It's been said but it seems like everything is back to normal.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

absolutely no respect for people like this. they were supposed to be the hard ones, the survivors, the winners and all I see are babies who have never been denied treats before or had to feel consequences.

Greg Legg posted:

What's that person mad about? It's been said but it seems like everything is back to normal.

they are mad they can't ignore something in the world around themselves

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Saucer Hovers posted:

stop putting roni in me

no.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ive been getting roni'd all week in jury duty covid death chamber and still have more next week. :rip:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Greg Legg posted:

it's not enough to get what you want, everyone around you has to join in your shared delusion. otherwise it's too easy to be reminded that it came at a cost of millions of totally preventable deaths, and that makes the sizzlin fajitas taste just a little bit worse.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

NeonPunk posted:

Oh poo poo! I haven't really paid attention to the calendar but Easter is next week Sunday. Lmao as cases are starting to climb and seed everywhere, that's the perfect opportunity for it to really explode lol

Yes, Lent will finally be over. My horrible experiment in sobriety can come to an end. Thank you, Jesus.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Ive been getting roni'd all week in jury duty covid death chamber and still have more next week. :rip:

The timing couldn't be better!

Cases are down!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Mar 4, 2023

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i made a network of viral genomes. this includes ~11000 reference viruses from the curated database RefSeq in color and ~37000 viruses we have sequenced from the environment but never cultured in gray.

the point of the figure is to show that most environmental viruses cluster with the Caudovirales, DNA viruses which infect bacteria and archaea.

i went and found MERS and put a little crown over it :)

also note that the blue Riboviria, which include covid, do not form a large cluster and are hugely underrepresented in environmental samples. this is probably because environmental RNA is fragile and difficult to sequence. to study those important viruses, you'd have to, idk, go into a bat cave and culture them.

post COVID has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Apr 8, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Greg Legg posted:

They're saying that a half million deaths a year so they can have a 'normal' life is an acceptable cost to them without actually outright saying it

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Why Am I So Tired posted:

- she has no idea how she got it
lmao

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

I try not to judge people but jfc restaurant people seem so exhausting in their entitlement and belief that going to a restaurant is a social need. I feel like they must all imagine themselves as Dolly Levi every time they go to loving Applebees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_pyQQb-iWo

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Greg Legg posted:

yeah and what am I supposed to do, NOT indulge in my every whim?? like some kind of LOSER?

it's just not realistic to have a society that doesn't prioritize getting asses into restaurant seats, it's never before been done in all of human history sorry sweaty I don't make the rules

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

“It’s okay for me to do what I’m doing because I normally do what I’m doing”

If you cut out the dumb wrong bullshit about immunity and what point in the pandemic it is and all that, it’s literally just “the num nums can’t be bad because I like them, I’m a num num liker and you saying there’s something wrong with that means you’re saying there’s something wrong with me, so gently caress you”

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME
It’s nice to see happy news in this thread :)

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

They're saying that a half million deaths a year so they can have a 'normal' life is an acceptable cost to them without actually outright saying it

loving hell, these people should just come out and say "I frankly do not care if others live or die as a consequence of my optional choices" without rationalizing their selfishness to themselves or others

just admit it, maybe it'll feel good. what's stopping them

oh no someone might find out what a narcissistic ghoul you are, the ultimate injury. shredded lungs and dead kids are nothing in comparison

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Captain Magic posted:

THE BABY IS HOME

The kiddo has landed.
Repeat, the kiddo has landed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

loving hell, these people should just come out and say "I frankly do not care if others live or die as a consequence of my optional choices" without rationalizing their selfishness to themselves or others

just admit it, maybe it'll feel good. what's stopping them

oh no someone might find out what a narcissistic ghoul you are, the ultimate injury. shredded lungs and dead kids are nothing in comparison

THIS

ive seen them try to twist their desire to go out as supporting the restaurant industry for people who don't have kitchens. it's totally bullshit, they just want their treats and/or have no hobbies that aren't built on the backs of slaves.

i get not having a kitchen, i get being too tired to cook, but the people we're talking about are neither of those. they're loving ghouuuuls