Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

DandyLion posted:

The average Brit unknowingly eats an additional dozen or so jelly eels per year that climb-fall into their open mouths while they sleep, hth.

Jelly Eels Georg, who lives in Chester and eats over 10000 a day, is an outlier adn should not have been counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The English did an imperialism to most of the known world for spices and then decided not to use them.

how many people have died for perfidious Albion to decide she much prefers her bland food

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Congrats on 3000257 pages of funny pictures

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

DandyLion posted:

The average Brit unknowingly eats an additional dozen or so jelly eels per year that climb-fall into their open mouths while they sleep, hth.

Eels Georg throws that average off

e;f;b

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Jellied Eels

Perfidious southerners eating their bizzare poo poo laced water snakes instead of kippers like the god fearing northman

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

venus de lmao posted:

The English did an imperialism to most of the known world for spices and then decided not to use them.

how many people have died for perfidious Albion to decide she much prefers her bland food

Then they lost that empire because they got really horny for lightly flavored water.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Who uses cash these days? I literally only carry cash to give to homeless people.

"Who does X? I only do X when I do X."

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I EAT CUM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Paladinus posted:

Are people here seriously struggling with the most ubiquitous food concept the world over?

Hurr, other forums pretend to be smart but here on SA we're actually very stupid

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

DontMockMySmock posted:

Us dumb Americans think restaurants are supposed to be fancy and old-fashioned, and bringing over a little plastic box with glowy lights on it really ruins the mood. But the real reason is that doing the transaction away from the table helps the customer forget about/ignore the part of the meal where they are paying money, and thus it's good for business. And fraud doesn't really happen - it's too easy to catch.

I've only seen The Machine once, when I was on a layover in the London Heathrow airport. It was a bit of a weird culture shock moment, but I think I'd prefer if The Machine came into common usage here in the States. Unrelatedly, do not under any circumstances get a hamburger at the Jamie Oliver restaurant in Heathrow. Worst fuckin burger I've ever had.

I googled The Machine and I now I only have more questions about british restaurants

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Jabberlock posted:

I googled The Machine and I now I only have more questions about british restaurants

(it's from 'oh you're paying by card? Lemme grab the machine' and then the server comes back with a wireless point of sale)

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Should be able to just Venmo restaurants.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Are people here seriously struggling with the most ubiquitous food concept the world over?

Tipping?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tipping the world over

So it falls and breaks

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Killingyouguy! posted:

(it's from 'oh you're paying by card? Lemme grab the machine' and then the server comes back with a wireless point of sale)

no im pretty sure it involves this shirtless man

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Robobot posted:

Should be able to just Venmo restaurants.

I'd gladly Venmo you Tuesday for a jellied eel today.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jabberlock posted:

If you don't actually know who that guy is, by the way, he's among many other things the inspiration for Van Wilder.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-mmanze-southwark/menu

They buy jellied eels and eel pies with "green liquor" on british ubereats, op

Anyone click this poo poo?

You serious?

There's a "Carton of stewed eels in liquor" item on there, that has a 4.69 squigglies cost associated with it.

I'll have to assume that's a fine or something cause drat

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey London has amazing food

that they stole from India

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I think you'll find that was invented in Scotland, pal

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TK-42-1 posted:

:hai:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amphigory posted:

I think you'll find that was invented in Scotland, pal

You can take the Bangladesh cook out of Bangladesh...

Welcome to All Things Scottish first up curry

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can you freeze curry then toss it in a deep fryer

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
England: "Check out all our neat poo poo!" *holds up african artifacts and Indian food as Europe slides them into the spam filter*

Merica: "Your culture sucks. Check out all our neat poo poo!" *holds up Mexican food and statistics where they consistently rank lower than third world countries as a cop napalms a black church*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can you freeze curry then toss it in a deep fryer

Scottish scientists are hard work trying to see if you can deep fry a deep fryer, the Scottish god particle.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The audio adds a little something:

https://i.imgur.com/FeSl2VA.mp4

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

TK-42-1 posted:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Anime Liker posted:

England: "Check out all our neat poo poo!" *holds up african artifacts and Indian food as Europe slides them into the spam filter*

Merica: "Your culture sucks. Check out all our neat poo poo!" *holds up Mexican food and statistics where they consistently rank lower than third world countries as a cop napalms a black church*

An Australian guy was visiting Kansas and got high with us and noticed the Dreamcatcher somebody had in their dorm and said that is fuckin awesome I love that poo poo so cool to be here with legit native artifacts and I didn't have the heart to tell him it was made by white people in Branson at Silver Dollar City

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1512473255348785159?s=20&t=OE3IDagWyegE8O9DlCQsPg

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

BasicLich posted:

British "Food":

I've said it before, but stargazy pie looks like it would probably be delicious.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Kenning posted:

I've said it before, but stargazy pie looks like it would probably be delicious.

This, but the exact opposite. I am judging a book by its cover on this one.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Kenning posted:

If you like sardines and egg and potato, then yes, its delicious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Elissimpark posted:

If you like sardines and egg and potato, then yes, its delicious.

Who doesn't like those things

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who doesn't like those things

I mean, when someone worked on them in a kitchen-like environment involving pans and ovens and whatnot, possibly salt too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's no dough?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Call me squeamish but I prefer my food not have faces in it. I don't need the dead looking at me while I eat them.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm not doing eggs and fish in the same meal no matter how good it might be. Gross

Unless it's the egg wash for deep frying I suppose

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'm not doing eggs and fish in the same meal no matter how good it might be. Gross

What are ypur thoughts on caviar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Manager Hoyden posted:

I mean there are certainly things you could complain about with that dish, but the combo of fish and eggs seems... perfectly normal?

A common dish growing up here was fish with a sauce with pieces of egg in it.

No heads though.

Edit: cod (?) In egg sauce:

Phosphine has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Apr 8, 2022