Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Chaos Dwarves are all about hats, actually

you morons, fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Sauron was a libertarian, let me explain.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Zzulu posted:

Chaos Dwarves are all about hats, actually

you morons, fools

The top hat is emblematic of capitalism and the size of the chaos dwarf top hats in particular represents the excessive consumption and waste of capitalism, furthermore,

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Arghy posted:

Sauron was a libertarian, let me explain.

please do

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just started my second campaign with mods as Slaanesh, having a corruption issue. My only other campaign I did at launch was Ogres and they didn't need to care about corruption much. I have taken over the starting province (Shard Lands), but I am stumped as to what to do to reduce the Khorne corruption here. I'm getting a rebellion for the first time I can remember since they changed the control mechanic stuff back in TWW2 lol. Just starting it at 60 and not only making other corruptions grow slower but also apparently just not going down even with zero Khorne armies or any other modifiers boosting it seems lame.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
kill skarbrand

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

kill skarbrand

I mean I would but I'm currently stuck fighting rebellions every 3 turns or so until I can afford a second army, and since at VH/N even with money-making buildings in all my settlements and all available trade deals my 12 unit army results in an impressive 800/turn profit at the moment, that seems like it will take a while

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
lower it to easy for a few turns, make some money, then go back to vh ❤️

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The game is awesome but it won't be truly great until I can march Grimgor into the Chaos wastes to gently caress poo poo up. Luckily that's coming soon.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The game is awesome but it won't be truly great until I can march Grimgor into the Chaos wastes to gently caress poo poo up. Luckily that's coming soon.

qft

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Honestly was not expecting them to recognize and address how much Daniel sucked at launch. Numbers look pretty solid now. Set bonuses are still obviously the way to go but hey. He can hold his own now.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
How did he get the nickname Daniel again?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Those shoes :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Panfilo posted:

That's the name they used for a pre-release video showcasing him

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Insurrectionist posted:

I mean I would but I'm currently stuck fighting rebellions every 3 turns or so until I can afford a second army, and since at VH/N even with money-making buildings in all my settlements and all available trade deals my 12 unit army results in an impressive 800/turn profit at the moment, that seems like it will take a while

If I might make a suggestion, especially on the higher campaign difficulties, your income/turn should be close to zero or negative. Spend that money on 3-4 more units and head southwest to cause trouble for your neighbors. You can make upwards of 3-4k per turn (on average over time) from fighting, which is what you spend down to plow back into your buildings and whatnot when you can.

As a player, it's a trap to leave yourself extra income, because you're just artificially capping the size of the armies you have, which have a much higher earning potential than your cities will. Any turn that an army isn't fighting is potential lost income, so just fill your stack with marauders and get moving. A T3 capital with garrison building should be able to beat a full rebellion stack, especially if you have an extra lord and 1-2 extra units hanging around.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
There was a little joke when they showed off the demon prince, the over-the-top announcer saying “We’ll need to give him a suitable name like (Kazuul the Devestator)… or Daniel” and they stuck with calling the prince Daniel for the rest of the video.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Same but Repanse de Lyonesse. It'll be a charge to shake the very heavens and topple all of Khorne's skulls everywhere he's gonna SCREAM.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm not so sure, Khorne actually seems to be into women who do things like that. :v:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It'll be a scream of joy.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 8, 2022

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

I'm not so sure, Khorne actually seems to be into women who do things like that. :v:

Khorne doesn't care who is doing the killing or who is being killed, just that it's never-ceasing. If Khorne's followers get killed, it's because they loving deserved it for being lovely at killing.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Same but Repanse de Lyonesse. It'll be a charge to shake the very heavens and topple all of Khorne's skulls everywhere he's gonna SCREAM.
Do you want Valkia? Because that is how you get Valkia.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

Do you want Valkia? Because that is how you get Valkia.

I do, in fact, want Valkia. :allears:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I very much want Valkia I could give a gently caress about Skarbrand

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I'm wondering if the map is gonna be the same but we're just playing on a section of it--really digging the northern worlds edge mountains and i'm spending a lotta time in my kislev campaign just checking out the map haha.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

jokes posted:

I very much want Valkia I could give a gently caress about Skarbrand

when i was a bartender i watched a little like 5ft 2in guy reach up and slap our 6ft 6in former military body building bouncer across the face and it’s how I picture Skarbrand attacking Khorne

e: he got picked and thrown out of the front door of the bar in the exact same manner as like a sack of flour or something

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Valkia vs Dechala would be a fun DLC. 'The bloody and the Beauty'

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Emmanuelle von Liebwitz vs. Valkia

The Countess and the Consort

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

jokes posted:

Emmanuelle von Liebwitz vs. Valkia

The Countess and the Consort

Sorry but Elspeth Von Draken will inevitably be taking the position of female LL that starts in Nuln and she's going to be paired up with Tamurkhan :colbert:. I don't know why I see people suggesting Liebwitz for LL anyway, she doesn't do anything in the lore or lead armies or anything she's just a pampered aristocrat lady who may or may not be having an affair with Franz.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Please don't start an empire LL in Nuln, they're clumped up enough as it is. You'd have a 3 province in a row streak.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
4 province in a row when Todbringer is finally made playable.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cannibal Llama posted:

Sorry but Elspeth Von Draken will inevitably be taking the position of female LL that starts in Nuln and she's going to be paired up with Tamurkhan :colbert:. I don't know why I see people suggesting Liebwitz for LL anyway, she doesn't do anything in the lore or lead armies or anything she's just a pampered aristocrat lady who may or may not be having an affair with Franz.

Elspeth von Draken seems like a lot of work and kinda doesn’t fit, when Liebwitz is just really rude and gives a big thumbs up to weird rear end guns which, honestly, is a solid warhammer vibe.

But also, we haven’t gotten a single elector count yet.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Isn't Karl the Elector-Count of Reikland?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

IIRC Arghy is

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Man we have 8 new fantastical factions yet to get new characters, with 2 of them completely untapped in terms of raw potential, and all anyone wants to talk about are a bunch of squabbling nobles with mildly different hats.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

This thread is full of patriarchs

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

smug jeebus posted:

Yes, but also the Emperor, so that doesn't really count (no pun intended).

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

smug jeebus posted:

Yeah but the Reikland is boring as gently caress. The ultramarines of imperial provinces.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
The sooner this game gets cool new DLC for the factions the sooner I can shoot it all to death with handguns.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

SteelMentor posted:

Man we have 8 new fantastical factions yet to get new characters, with 2 of them completely untapped in terms of raw potential, and all anyone wants to talk about are a bunch of squabbling nobles with mildly different hats.

Truly the Empire is great to shine so brightly among the menagerie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
If the Empire's so great then how come Skragg's eaten most of it by the time the second portal opens?

Checkmate Reiklanders.