Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dabir posted:

The 2016 worlds are relevant to exactly nothing from the time because of how much they were stacking things in Blue-Eyes' favour.
Go on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It was the twentieth anniversary year and Konami wanted Blue-Eyes to win for that reason. They hit every other deck of note for the Worlds banlist AND gave Blue-Eyes an anti-pendulum card just as extra insurance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vandar posted:

It was the twentieth anniversary year and Konami wanted Blue-Eyes to win for that reason. They hit every other deck of note for the Worlds banlist AND gave Blue-Eyes an anti-pendulum card just as extra insurance.
Ah. That would do it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been playing WC 2006 on GBA and I gotta say, the pre-official-release localised names for things are charming. You got Homunculus Gold, you got Elemental Hero Erikshieler, you got F.G.D, all the classics. Guardian Exode.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I've been horsing around with both LOTD and Tag Force 5 and man does the presentation and polish of Tag Force put everything about LOTD's 'built on a cracked copy of macromedia flash' self to shame

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's funny that Duel Links is basically what Legacy of the Duelist et al. was supposed to be, and it's a free-to-play gacha.

And by funny, I mean typical Konami.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I think it’s funny that Konami printing better Blue Eyes support than DM support actually is completely tonally accurate to the fact that Kaiba Corp ended up being the ones making the game by 5Ds. Presumably because when Pegasus passed away he left Industrial Illusions to the Kaiba Brothers.

So it is entirely appropriate that Blue Eyes Legacy support is stronger because it is in universe Kaiba printing the cards.

Relatedly, this is why D/D/D is the way it is even as it gets new support. It was made by the rival of Arc-V to be extremely complicated to play and use every extra deck method as a way of saying how cool and skilled he is at the card game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Synchro event got announced :toot:

What's a decent deck that doesn't need 10 URs to work

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Synchro event got announced :toot:

What's a decent deck that doesn't need 10 URs to work

For Synchros?

uh... the cheapest 'okay' ones I know need a ton of them because basically every good tuner/support/synchro monster is already a UR and the non-URs tend to be some hot garbage. More than anything else Synchros really seem to suffer from 'Part of an archetype? +1 rarity for you' which is the only way I can rationalize some of the insane classifications.

Here's what I'm running (just using my normal synchro deck I built for nostalgia). Its middling power and still needs like 9 non-staple URs to function. And that's with me cheaping out and going for subs on some UR Synchros.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 8, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Blue Eyes Trishula turbo was my go to as a first thought.

Or just speedroids.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think I’m gonna have to loaner this one, I’ve heard Synchro decks are expensive and I had to pause for finals.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You can still play normal deck. Maybe stuff a few tuner and pick some generic synchro that fits the lv.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I built Virtual World partly so I could use it in this event.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Blue Eyes Trishula turbo was my go to as a first thought.

Or just speedroids.

Gonna need quite a few URs for Speedroids to work. Speedroids aren't an easy deck to play, either.

(Unrelated: I'm playing Speedroids for the event.)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

sorry i cant hear you over my current favorite deck to use for normal duels already which is just

bear

force

one

(granted, ursarctics are missing two cards, the funny 'sometimes you just draw 7 for free' spell and the fusion that lets you recover banished bears, but its still a stupid deck that people scoop to way more than they should because of how often i misplay :v: but there's something really funny about just descending bear-ing my hand on the opponent's turn to disrupt their stuff

also the rest of the extra deck is just synchros i already had that seemed possibly usable, will probably adjust it if i find any other cheap craftables that'd fit good)

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Ah, I was just missing the N/R festival and tearing things up with Ancient Warriors.

I don't think I'll do nearly as well here, but I'm making Red Dragons.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I got both Baronne de Fleur and Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon in the same 10 pull. I guess I'm doing Speedroids too? Anyone have a deck list that uses Baronne?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htzmbRX95Mc

Sub out the crossout designators for your hand traps of choice. You may even be able to get away with more since O-lion is legal. This event is going to be very silly with Maxx C.

Also took a peek at the banlist and they really want you to be on Synchro this event. Herald is banned and other Ritual decks got hit, including Blue-Eyes (lol). Eldlich still banned. True Draco got hit.

I think if you want the absolute cheapest deck, Pacifis is still okay. Phantasm Spiral is at 1, but more importantly Sea Stealth is at 3. Cheapest Synchro deck might be... Cardian? That Ursarctic list above is neat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

On the plus side, the loaner decks don't look like completely worthless garbage for once

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

On the plus side, the loaner decks don't look like completely worthless garbage for once

Given how almost all of the Synchro cards worth using are SR/UR, I guess even the devs realized that they have to make good loaners since almost nobody is gonna reasonably be able to afford to craft their own.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm probably just gonna play my Kozmos again.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Listen, I like MBT, I like him a bunch, and this is one of his better lists...but that being said, this list is not good.

Once I have a list ready for the Synchro event (gotta figure out how to make a list that doesn't revolve around Rubber Band Shooter and Auroradon), I'll come back and give y'all a hand.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Alright my opponent managed to out my Big Tri-Brigade bird AND Simough what can I do to beat this lady?

That'll do.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 9, 2022

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I already had Windwitches at the ready for the syncho event, but I kinda wanna run Fortune Ladies because why the hell not.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

girl dick energy posted:

I'm probably just gonna play my Kozmos again.

:same:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
What if I just make the Mayakashi Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower deck I was already considering doing anyway?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Alright my opponent managed to out my Big Tri-Brigade bird AND Simough what can I do to beat this lady?

That'll do.

In my experience the answer to your question is "literally anything", usually

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

What if I just make the Mayakashi Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower deck I was already considering doing anyway?

You will have character and gumption.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Only Megalith hit was Phul to 1 again, no hits to Shinobarons, lol, and furthermore, lmao.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to play vs more megaliths

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't want to play vs more megaliths

Good news then - you'll probably see plenty of these as well: :v:

https://twitter.com/InnovationOfHex/status/1512345996616941571

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Surely winning once takes less time than killing yourself 10 times

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

sure but UA Dreadnaught Dunker-ing your face into the pavement while someone else watches is really loving funny

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh I thought that deck killed itself

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

it does, I meant your own face

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Surely winning once takes less time than killing yourself 10 times
For a human, yes. For a bot, which can be programmed to play SelfTK solitaire? Teaching it how to lose quickly is much easier than teaching it how to win.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

For a human, yes. For a bot, which can be programmed to play SelfTK solitaire? Teaching it how to lose quickly is much easier than teaching it how to win.

And yet, there's a bot out there FTKing people, which is why people have 13 card extra decks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

And yet, there's a bot out there FTKing people, which is why people have 13 card extra decks.
That just proves my point. Even the most independent, automatic, and least interactive FTK possible can be subverted by something as simple as cutting two cards from your ED. I didn’t say it’s impossible to make a bot that wins. I said it’s easier to make one that loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

That just proves my point. Even the most independent, automatic, and least interactive FTK possible can be subverted by something as simple as cutting two cards from your ED. I didn’t say it’s impossible to make a bot that wins. I said it’s easier to make one that loses.

I mean, it does get wins. It just doesn't ALWAYS win.