Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Tenebrais posted:

The ring is on the outside of the hole

Look at the set of his shoulders and realise those aren't Jesus' hands

Nah, Jesus is just also Plastic Man.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

X

X

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Huh, expected the Billy Ray Cyrus angel to get more attention.

YES.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://twitter.com/voheiin1506/status/1501860336642650118#m

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/laserpaints/status/1508717114139594759

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

This is a false idea. Mr. Peanutbutter would never talk poo poo about someone’s wife :colbert:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah it'd definitely be the other way around

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bojack would be the one talking poo poo about Mr. Peanutbutter's wife, and then also be the one to slap him

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Source

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/Jamwes_art/status/1509908447843684353

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

X

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

X

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/MingjueChen/status/1512168524340363279

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

https://twitter.com/hoyaolaf/status/1512176103749988352

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Source

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
If it werent for rank inflation B tier would be pretty good.

(though imo the evil queen should be like most C, maybe D)

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
That's a loooot of poison appels to make.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I've always found it disgusting that the most high profile way women can break into the streaming videogames scene is by destroying their humanity and pretending to be made up anime characters because the self identified "gamers" won't watch a real human woman be funny and successful in THEIR hobby. It just makes me sad for everyone involved.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

I've always found it disgusting that the most high profile way women can break into the streaming videogames scene is by destroying their humanity and pretending to be made up anime characters because the self identified "gamers" won't watch a real human woman be funny and successful in THEIR hobby. It just makes me sad for everyone involved.

Vtubers, you say...?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

alternatively, perhaps streaming under an assumed persona provides a level of safety and anonymity desirable to female video game streamers.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

alternatively, perhaps streaming under an assumed persona provides a level of safety and anonymity desirable to female video game streamers.

I think croc king is acknowledging this and saying that it's disgusting that something like vtubing is necessary for these streamers to feel safe, much less be successful.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

yes, sorry if that was unclear.

my nephew likes showing me clips and they are usually very funny i dont know maybe "disgusting" was a bit severe

CrocodileKingSaysNO has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Apr 8, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
look on the bright side, amazon's data warehouse is a data warehouse for any future criminal incidents.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There are plenty of woman streamers out there you don’t need to be A Vtuber.

Though having a whole production company to boost you must be very nice

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Personally I find it mystifying that they can develop a rig that follows your body's tracking data, and they only choose to be a slightly different kind of human. There are furry vtubers out there, but what I'm saying is they don't go far enough. Like, when I was first aware of the whole face-tracking virtual avatar thing, the main program that did it shipped with a cheeseburger avatar, and I wondered why people weren't just the cheeseburger all the time. Become an ever-shifting crystalline entity with no clear gender or facial expression. Make your avatar a Fleischer-esque hyper-exaggerated cartoon character. Be creative, goddamn it, this is supposedly what you're being paid to do.

Coeus
Sep 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/dilfosaur/status/1512532978924150786?s=19

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

The entirety of the episode that spawned this is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXCH_Iinw4

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Dareon posted:

Personally I find it mystifying that they can develop a rig that follows your body's tracking data, and they only choose to be a slightly different kind of human. There are furry vtubers out there, but what I'm saying is they don't go far enough. Like, when I was first aware of the whole face-tracking virtual avatar thing, the main program that did it shipped with a cheeseburger avatar, and I wondered why people weren't just the cheeseburger all the time. Become an ever-shifting crystalline entity with no clear gender or facial expression. Make your avatar a Fleischer-esque hyper-exaggerated cartoon character. Be creative, goddamn it, this is supposedly what you're being paid to do.

People like cute anime girls

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Guy streamers might overreact or invent all new personas for themselves to appeal to target demographics but women are like WELCOME TO THE MACHINE and set up a camera to track their every facial twitch which translates those movements to an unliving simulacrum that is mapped in real time to another computer program that broadcasts to an audience that has rejected humanity. It's wild as hell.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

there's one female vtuber who exclusively talks through speech-to-text-to-speech so even their voice is obfuscated

i don't get the appeal but they still draw a pretty big audience so :shrug:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Toebone posted:

People like cute anime girls

According to my research people also like jenkem

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

All credit to these incredible women, get money

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dareon posted:

You can just say you're a furry. It's not bannable anymore I don't think.

Here are some Psychonauts image edits I found that I have been meaning to share for a while.

Source (These are taken from multiple tumblr posts all of which are linked in that post)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ariong posted:

You can just say you're a furry. It's not bannable anymore I don't think.

I mean yes, but I was specifically thinking I'd like to be the crystalline mass.

e: Also I just heard "I'll krump with you, sweetie" in Mia Vodello's voice in my head, so thank you for that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Guy streamers might overreact or invent all new personas for themselves to appeal to target demographics but women are like WELCOME TO THE MACHINE and set up a camera to track their every facial twitch which translates those movements to an unliving simulacrum that is mapped in real time to another computer program that broadcasts to an audience that has rejected humanity. It's wild as hell.
touch grass my dude

multiple women vtubers I have seen do it just because they don't want to bother with makeup and such, they can roll out of bed and tick on the setup and go. there's a bunch who do both vtuber and facecam streaming depending on their mood, but I totally 100% understand the "don't want the internet to know my identity" as evidenced by mano aloe's horrific experience immediately upon debut and getting doxxed and having randos calling her ex, etc. also it's insanely easier marketing a character than a person, especially when it comes to merch

Dareon posted:

Be creative, goddamn it, this is supposedly what you're being paid to do.
request unclear, is this what you wanted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyYI7RFimoc&hd=1

and some more fanart

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Why can't more of them be interesting things instead of sexualised children aimed at nonces.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you people have one "joke", get new material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'll change the "days without a vtuber derail" back to zero