Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Adelaide have been the better team throughout the year so I’m not sure why the umpires think they need the help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Finally a second main egg.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Wouldn’t mind that standard of holding the ball being applied to the home team at some point

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Dees aren't giving their forwards a chance with most of their forward entries

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Off, bit careless there.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bannan!!

I was just in the middle of saying she needs to compete in the air instead of staying on the ground

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Dees aren't giving their forwards a chance with most of their forward entries

Maybe this time Tayla will win the 1on3 with nowhere to run up from tho?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Geez that scoreline flatters the dees at the half.

Defence has held up super well all things considered and they've been the most composed part of the side.

The benefit is that for all Adelaide's ascendency they're only 10 points up. A few players started to come into the game late in the half after being unsighted early so hopefully everyone can have a good reset, take a breath and go again

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Maybe this time Tayla will win the 1on3 with nowhere to run up from tho?

"Paxman, elite user of the ball"

*bombs another sky high 50 entry into a crowded area*

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

"Paxman, elite user of the ball"

*bombs another sky high 50 entry into a crowded area*

What if…we let tayla take the three defenders to one side of the 50, and then let Bannan/Hore run to an open forward line on the other side…?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I mean it's bad enough Hatchard is killing it in the clearances maybe stop just kicking directly to her when she's standing by herself in space on top of that

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I don't think McNamara will ever break a tackle in her career because she's so lightly built but I like that she always gives it a crack

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

That's a straight up broken wrist for Sheriff, you see it on the angle

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Welp, game over, Crows just too good.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

A much more complete game from the Crows, they were always the team to beat

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s honestly incredible that having been given access to players with zero rivals for the entirety of the competition, Adelaide fans still have some victim complex about supposed Victorian bias.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hell yeah go Crows

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

snaeksikn posted:

That's a straight up broken wrist for Sheriff, you see it on the angle

That looked horrible

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OK footy is over for the year see you all next year

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

OK footy is over for the year see you all next year

Excuse me, but you seem to have forgotten about soft drink chat?

Fake Edit: Fever Tree does a great dry ginger ale if you haven't tried it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s honestly incredible that having been given access to players with zero rivals for the entirety of the competition, Adelaide fans still have some victim complex about supposed Victorian bias.

I really hope Port raid them properly, 3-6 players from the crows thanks.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If Crows do get decimated by the introduction of Port, I might be cheering for Daisy to win one.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The West Coast Collingwood game is surprisingly intense

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Well, the race for the spoon has sure taken some turns this weekend.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eat poo poo Pies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldw49YuUlLU

:buddy:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Rough on the tips this week

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

poo poo team shootout going on at Marvel right now

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Shitout

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Suspiciously great first qtr by the Saints. Please don't gently caress it up, PLEASE.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Proud that Essendon fans booed confirmed racist Taylor Walker every time he went near it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Rankine tries a checkside snap running into the pocket while one of his teammates is standing in the goal square by himself.

Not only does he hit the post, when Carlton then kick the ball straight to him on the kickout, he then drops a basic chest mark.

Bruh.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Suspiciously great first qtr by the Saints. Please don't gently caress it up, PLEASE.

It appears the Sainters have not, in fact, hosed it up.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
We even put the foot down :getin:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Carlton supporters quietly trying to put the lid back on as we speak.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
After Carlton lost to bottom teams Sydney and St Kilda in 1995, Parkin called his players "the worst team in the AFL".

Tonight, Carlton is the worst team in the AFL.

Blues for the flag.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

After Carlton lost to bottom teams Sydney and St Kilda in 1995, Parkin called his players "the worst team in the AFL".

Tonight, Carlton is the worst team in the AFL.

Blues for the flag.

Nah, Port are the worst, they're down the bottom and we play them next week!

I knew we'd lose this match, as soon as Pittonet was confirmed out and we had no main ruck, it was bad. Then cripps did a hammy and was subbed off at quarter time and it became worse. I figured we'd be 2-2 or 3-1 at the round 4 mark so I'm happy enough. Before the season I figured the Hawks or Dogs would be the games we lose. Ah well, easier run for us coming up in the next couple of weeks, hopefully we bank a few wins.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I know I'm 36 hours late, but hooray Crows girls :unsmith: So proud of them. Hatchard is an amazing player, glad to see her win the BOG.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

One good thing is after we reloaded a couple years back I think Pearce, Paxman, Scott (34) and Goldrick (32) are the only players above 26 or so on the list.

I’d hope Daisy and Pax have one more season in them to try and go one better. None of the four seemed too banged up or slow this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

One good thing is after we reloaded a couple years back I think Pearce, Paxman, Scott (34) and Goldrick (32) are the only players above 26 or so on the list.

I’d hope Daisy and Pax have one more season in them to try and go one better. None of the four seemed too banged up or slow this season.

The question will be how many players will be raided from the Dees from the new expansion clubs.

Scott has been a great servant but was barely sighted in the grand final which was glaring as a key forward when Harris had 2 or 3 defenders standing at her shoulder all game.

Starcevich did have a good point in his rant about expansion the other week. The remaining clubs all had the opportunity 6 years ago to put themselves forward and elected not to.

While I've heard the idea floated that maybe it would have been better if all teams had started with new identities rather than marrying up with the existing clubs, if that was the path they went down you'd say there's no way they'd have ever gone 18 sides.

For what it's worth, I think they did the right thing in going with the existing club identities given its arguably what helped bring in so much initial interest from the general public, but everyone knows for every year they move forward as a group in professionalism they go backwards further every time the league expands again.