Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Should I rewatch Drop Zone?

The answer to this is always yes.

SWOOOOP!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hippo decides everyone has hosed around and they're all going to find out. (don't watch if you don't want to see animals chomping on each other)

Hungry Hungry Hippo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Holy mis-targeted rage Batman!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TennisTV/status/1508961108803170304

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I like how, as opposed to the schadenfreude thread, neither player assumed they had the point, when they returned the shot between the legs. No Early celebrations

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8fi127thf1xww0ux.mp4

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to post it.

It was a coin flip between here and the cursed thread, consider yourselves lucky

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cursed would have been if there was a person at the top of the tree

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Depends on who the person is.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Or a sloth. I'd be "Flee, sloth, flee!"

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
I’m talking to him like one would a dog.

Oooh what’s up there buddy? Watcha doin? You find something????

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/tunefulrover/status/1509618756879884296

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Apparently those early modern grenade launchers weren't actually useful. Which is the saddest thing I've ever heard

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That one second from the top is my favourite, because it's not just a gun and a knife, it's also a calendar of saints

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Small brain: let's put a blade at the end of a gun for stabbing

Big brain: let's put an axe-head at the end of the gun for chopping

Galaxy brain: let's put a gun at the end of this spear for shooting

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

That one second from the top is my favourite, because it's not just a gun and a knife, it's also a calendar of saints

In the running for most Warhammer thing irl

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

flavor.flv posted:

Terminus Est

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The Bloop posted:

In the running for most Warhammer thing irl

It wasn't the custodian's guardian spear that did it for ya?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Some gu smiths I the 17th century:
"Hey, has anyone ever tried to put a gun on another gun?"
"No, why do you ask!?"
"...no reason."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes, all the time, for centuries that was the only way to make a gun you could shoot more than once was to glue several guns together.

Giving you in that case, obviously, a gun that you can shoot twice, because it shoots seven barrels at once.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Apr 1, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The freaky gun thing feels like that long period in fairly early earth evolution where species with seventeen eyes and three legs were being trialled. Just throwing all the weird poo poo out there to see what works.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, all the time, for centuries that was the only way to make a gun you could shoot more than once was to glue several guns together.

Giving you in that case, obviously, a gun that you can shoot twice, because it shoots seven barrels at once.

Does it work better than a shotgun? No.
Does it make people poo poo themselves in fear? Absolutely.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a genuinely fascinating period in firearms design because yeah they don't really know how to do it and there are still a lot of small producers, so you get people making a bunch of weird and wonderful designs working with not much to build off of, and not necessarily the best technology either, all in the pursuit of more, better shooty capability.

By popular demand posted:

Does it work better than a shotgun? No.
Does it make people poo poo themselves in fear? Absolutely.

Specifically I think that's based off the volley gun which was designed for ship to ship warfare, so it does work better than a shotgun in that it will spray big loving slugs across the deck of a ship from some distance away and hopefully you'll hit someone. It works because you don't need to reload it you just want to kill as many of the other guys as possible as quick as possible.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Plenty of dakka though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

OwlFancier posted:

"I'm not boring, my gun has two barrels!"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Terminus Est

glad to see someone else who fucks around here :hai:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There were also wacky as gently caress designs in the middle third or so of the 19th century when people were trying to figure out repeaters. There were pistols with multi stage triggers that essentially operated a bolt action, rifles that took proprietary caseless ammo with solid propellant, and some guns that could malfunction in a way that would fire bullets out the wrong end of the gun.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Turret rifles are an excellent idea, if I misfire it's everybody's problem.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

tribbledirigible posted:

Some gu smiths I the 17th century:
"Hey, has anyone ever tried to put a gun on another gun?"
"No, why do you ask!?"
"...no reason."

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Weird_AnimaIs/status/1512129830354968576

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They crave that mineral

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They use their tongue as a fulcrum

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That was a terrible accident, are you sure you posted in the right forum?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It's badass that Mick Foley survived that but it is not badass that it happened or the treatment of professional wrestlers by Vince McMahon.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/tresdessert/status/656263523971026944?s=21&t=IXK_LcMVHnwFoX5uFJSHJg

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

flavor.flv posted:

I’m not a paleographer or a theologist, so I can’t read this, but if I could I’d make a joke about sending someone to one of the saints whose day is near the handguard.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

I know that the powder channels work much better this way, but i’m still wincing at the thought of the recoil with all that asymmetry.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why were so many of the old timey rifles hexagonal in shape? Was it just easier to bash together six strips of metal into a tube vs rolling it into a cylinder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Panfilo posted:

Why were so many of the old timey rifles hexagonal in shape? Was it just easier to bash together six strips of metal into a tube vs rolling it into a cylinder?

They were made by bees.