Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/PresidentToguro/status/1510461638847180805

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Imbecilic. marxists.org is like the best site on the internet precisely because it eschews UX fads and prioritizes reliability, permanence. Babies want everything to look like a Democrat campaign site with big fluffy letters.

I hate that post.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
no if sucks because half the pages aren’t responsive to mobile devices or get cute with inline citations and break reader view

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Marxism is done on the computer

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Marxism requires a dialup connection and Netscape Navigator 4.0

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the marxist are splintering again

animist
Aug 28, 2018
there is a certain eau de time cube in badly formatted old docs pasted into html

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

We need a squarespace style site for marxism.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the nice thing about an all HTML site is that you can still view it just fine on Windows XP

animist
Aug 28, 2018
yeah i like it. its nostalgic

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
when I was reinstalling everything because of my very smart computer choices, I observed that all the installs for software I would describe as "good" - does the job and well, effectively uses resources, broad cross comparability and functionality etc - your 7zip style software - all had websites that looked like they came out of 2002. to contrast all the terrible software - slow, gigantic ( icue was north of a gigabyte and literally all it does is run LEDs lol), insanely resource heavy for what it accomplishes and generally limited to extremely proprietary function - had websites that clearly cost tens of thousands of dollars with a million animation scrolls and cute frame tricks etc etc.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CoolCab posted:

when I was reinstalling everything because of my very smart computer choices, I observed that all the installs for software I would describe as "good" - does the job and well, effectively uses resources, broad cross comparability and functionality etc - your 7zip style software - all had websites that looked like they came out of 2002. to contrast all the terrible software - slow, gigantic ( icue was north of a gigabyte and literally all it does is run LEDs lol), insanely resource heavy for what it accomplishes and generally limited to extremely proprietary function - had websites that clearly cost tens of thousands of dollars with a million animation scrolls and cute frame tricks etc etc.

yeah, and speaking as a web guy, it rules. lets focus on the industries with real problems such as, the ones that don't pay me.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The solution is obvious: reject modernity, embrace HTML+CSS+Marxist Thought

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

GalacticAcid posted:

don’t be ableist, I’m trying to make it easier for the fbi and nsa agents to attend my reading group

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tokin opposition posted:

The solution is obvious: reject modernity, embrace HTML+CSS+Marxist Thought

no no, im sure there a type system or edge distribution network that can fix this. it might seem scary and complicated but, when you consider the value i deliver, my rates are very reasonable.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

GalacticAcid posted:

actually, this is the year of Marxism on the desktop, and netcraft confirms it too

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

It's time for Eternal September to end. Time for the Eternal October Revolution

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/frnnd_ds/status/1511055587001384960

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a post from 2014

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I’ve been reading Moshe Lenin’s The Soviet Century and he’s been praising Lenin and makes it out like if only Lenin didn’t die so early Soviet would be something else completely. is that a common, mainstream view?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Star posted:

I’ve been reading Moshe Lenin’s The Soviet Century and he’s been praising Lenin and makes it out like if only Lenin didn’t die so early Soviet would be something else completely. is that a common, mainstream view?

I don't think its a question dealt with enough for there to be a mainstream view. But it's safe to say, at bare minimum, that Trotskyists and Stalinists would probably come to different conclusions about the matter.

I think Lenin was a lot more averse to building a cult of personality than Stalin was, at the very least.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Lenin really didn't want Stalin to succeed him and a lot of historians feel that he was, uh, not the best man for the job. The history of the USSR would certainly be very different without Stalin running it for 30 of its 69 years of existence.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

*sigh* nice

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

trotsky was certainly a better writer than stalin. do we have any literagarchies to draw comparisons to? like, any evidence that ceteris parabis the best writer will be the best leader of men?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Voice of Labor posted:

trotsky was certainly a better writer than stalin. do we have any literagarchies to draw comparisons to? like, any evidence that ceteris parabis the best writer will be the best leader of men?

no bitch

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

u wil not become the leader of men with that posting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Voice of Labor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
both the idea that stalin tried to build a cult of personality and that lenin specifically didn't want stalin to succeed him aren't well supported. the first in particular is wildly ahistorical

i also think stalin was a better writer, although trotsky was certainly snappier and having more fun with it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Proud_Shooter/status/1511078320837955588?t=msDtj0fp4fKOd5XGWCBWyQ&s=19

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
correct on both counts wow

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Dr_Sportello/status/1511969398759858176?t=1-pBKrjivG1xPa9O6CZjGw&s=19

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i miss the presence of famed trotskyist and forums poster apropos of nothing - they were a good voice in the thread.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Why'd they get banned again (legit do not remember)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tokin opposition posted:

Why'd they get banned again (legit do not remember)

I think they deliberately peaced-out after yet another "Trotskyists loving suck" derail

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think they deliberately peaced-out after yet another "Trotskyists loving suck" derail

iirc they decided to boycott cspam sometime around the whole flavius thing

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't know if they had fun being here or not but I always considered them the sharpest debater in the thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't know if they had fun being here or not but I always considered them the sharpest debater in the thread

I don't think apropos of nothing even posts in FYAD anymore either. It is sad.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Mr. Lobe posted:

it's a well developed skill among trotskyists because they naturally get pushed into it when around any other marxists and to their credit they do go outside and talk to people a lot

Goast has issued a correction as of 07:28 on Apr 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Whatever the admirable personal qualities of forums user apropos of nothing we must adhere to the dictum that the only good trotskyist is a permabanned trotskyist, and rejoice at their absence.