Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Gnossiennes posted:

that sucks, hunt trains own for makin money nuts n tomes.

Hunt train's a holy roller. Everyone jump aboard the hunt train.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/zenosenjoyer/status/1512509394000519172

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
heardle is one of those things I really wish wasn't daily.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Edit:

:smug:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Seeing two of the same last name in the same dungeon is almost always sign of a bad time.

Eh it was fine the one time I saw it

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Picked up Sage as my first healer and I'm having so much fun with it that I'm queuing for zero reward roulettes.

Is there something I can do that lets me actually get some xp while getting to play multiplayer pve?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The Walrus posted:

Picked up Sage as my first healer and I'm having so much fun with it that I'm queuing for zero reward roulettes.

Is there something I can do that lets me actually get some xp while getting to play multiplayer pve?

Hardqueue for the highest level leveling dungeon (ie a dungeon that’s level X1,3,5,7,9) you can queue for. With a healer the wait won’t be that long.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HackensackBackpack posted:

Edit:

This is very presumptuous that I would know the actual song name and not the zone or dungeon name instead

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Macaluso posted:

This is very presumptuous that I would know the actual song name and not the zone or dungeon name instead

'Alexander' - no
'Alexander Prime' - no
'The Epic of Alexander' - no
errrr ... 'Rise'? - no

Kind of annoying for a song I did know within a second of it starting

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/NOTAVAGNAR/status/1512367822801756163?s=20&t=dY_lL-rRolgyVgNUcOIKzg

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

The Walrus posted:

Bozja ! Sage starts off at 70 so you only need a level and you're good to go until 80. After that it's a matter of choosing between the 80 cap gameplay of bozja or doing max level available dungeons

Zanael fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 9, 2022

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

@nero

“Issuing a correction on a previous post of mine concerning Cid nan bloody Garlond. You do not, under any circumstances, ‘gotta hand it to him’”

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zanael posted:

Bozja ! Sage starts off at 70 so you only need a level and you're good to go until 80. After that it's a matter of choosing between the 80 cap of bozja or doing max level available dungeons

No idea what that is yet, does that pop up I'm assuming shortly into SHB if it starts at 71? I just finished the main SB expansion last night .

Love when all those new blue questions pop up at the end of an expansion. The trials and dungerons are the best part so more and harder more densely packed is great.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Yeah you've got a ways to go before Bozja but you can start by doing the SB Allied Raid quests.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Steelion posted:

There was an expert roulette where my PLD got dance partner right off the bat. I just shrugged and went about business as usual.

I ended that dungeon with the highest dps in the party. I was BIS, sure, but it was Dead Ends, my gear was synced down anyway. It wad a strange experience.

I've taken to giving dance partner to the tank in a dungeon if the other DPS is a caster. More esprit for me in BIS gear probably outweighs the damage buff to a rando magic deeps.

Now that I think about it though, maybe paladin and dark knight have enough magic attacks that it wouldn't matter. But if I zone in to see a warrior with a P4S or ultimate weapon glam and the other dps is a summoner I'm giving that warrior my dance every time.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The biggest WTF moment I had playing with someone who was a dancer was that we were doing a level 60 dungeon and they refused to dance partner. I asked multiple times and explained it’s a DPS buff and they said absolutely nothing the entire dungeon. They would use their abilities like Standard step and would attack, but absolutely refused to dance partner. They had multiple jobs at 90 so I would assume they had a tiny bit of an idea how to play a job. My friend said they could have been trolling but I felt they would have then been trying to argue with me or something. It was baffling.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I haven’t got my big white hammer but I do have full leftside savage gear and wear it.

I also have a 570 set I switch to if I get the final dungeon because i want the materia benefits.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The Black Stones posted:

The biggest WTF moment I had playing with someone who was a dancer was that we were doing a level 60 dungeon and they refused to dance partner. I asked multiple times and explained it’s a DPS buff and they said absolutely nothing the entire dungeon. They would use their abilities like Standard step and would attack, but absolutely refused to dance partner. They had multiple jobs at 90 so I would assume they had a tiny bit of an idea how to play a job. My friend said they could have been trolling but I felt they would have then been trying to argue with me or something. It was baffling.

The answer is there is a myriad of reasons why and none of them are satisfying.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Quite likely one: they forgot, and also weren't reading the chat.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Oneiros posted:

i've found it's pretty common for people still in the msq to go into dead ends with sub-89 gear. even without that consideration the tank or healer being top overall dps in there is not unusual since the pulls are pretty big and their aoe gets put to good use

the msq hands out free 89 gear at that point and dps also happen to have aoe buttons, so there's no reason for dps to have worse dps other than committing the cardinal sin of being bad at video games

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

I've taken to giving dance partner to the tank in a dungeon if the other DPS is a caster. More esprit for me in BIS gear probably outweighs the damage buff to a rando magic deeps.

Now that I think about it though, maybe paladin and dark knight have enough magic attacks that it wouldn't matter. But if I zone in to see a warrior with a P4S or ultimate weapon glam and the other dps is a summoner I'm giving that warrior my dance every time.

idgi, spells give esprit so why would partnering a caster get you less esprit than partnering a tank?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Was the name "Tia"? :v:

lol no, it was not, altho that would be very funny. it was savage (and no, we were not doing savage content, just unsynced extremes!)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I've had an absolute glut of Dark Knights (and it's always Dark Knights, no exceptions) recently who no matter what will not let go of the boss come hell or high water. High vuln stacks? Ran out of cooldowns? Fight needs them to switch? Just absolutely clinging onto that boss's aggro as hard as possible, taunt button seemingly on a neuro-impulse trigger the split second the other tank so much as thinks of taking it for a while. And then after they inevitably eat floor, jumping right back in with a taunt the moment they're rez'd. Just utterly weird, especially when they're positioning the boss all wrong or flubbing every mechanic.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Never trust surname sharers

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

RME posted:

Never trust surname sharers

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I met someone who had the same last character name as me last year. Only one I've ever seen, but not many people would use a Golden Girls reference in their name would they?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anyone know which logos you should use in Pyros to make the mobs reasonable to farm? Normally they do more damage to me than i do to them so it's really annoying to try to level.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

SteelMentor posted:

I've had an absolute glut of Dark Knights (and it's always Dark Knights, no exceptions) recently who no matter what will not let go of the boss come hell or high water. High vuln stacks? Ran out of cooldowns? Fight needs them to switch? Just absolutely clinging onto that boss's aggro as hard as possible, taunt button seemingly on a neuro-impulse trigger the split second the other tank so much as thinks of taking it for a while. And then after they inevitably eat floor, jumping right back in with a taunt the moment they're rez'd. Just utterly weird, especially when they're positioning the boss all wrong or flubbing every mechanic.

It might possibly be that DRKs have a bit of an inferiority complex going right now. They're the weakest tank, but that's not necessarily because they're bad, it's just that Paladin is naturally self-sufficient, Gunbreaker is very active, and Warrior is broken. So I could definitely see some DRKs getting defensive and going 'no I'm FINE, let me prove it'.

Or alternatively it could be players with experience as PLD or WAR that aren't used to playing a tank that's not as self-sufficient.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJ posted:

Does anyone know which logos you should use in Pyros to make the mobs reasonable to farm? Normally they do more damage to me than i do to them so it's really annoying to try to level.

The most efficient leveling you can do in Pyros is up in the north in the lava caves with Reflect L (Protect L + Shell L + Wisdom of the Ordained). There's a bunch of Pure White Flame enemies that only cast magic up in the north, so unequip all of your armor without Eureka-specific stats, change your elemental type to Lightning, cast Reflect, and then round them all up and let them reflect spells on themselves until they die. It starts petering out around 47, but it's probably the fastest non-group EXP you can get until then.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Vermain posted:

The most efficient leveling you can do in Pyros is up in the north in the lava caves with Reflect L (Protect L + Shell L + Wisdom of the Ordained). There's a bunch of Pure White Flame enemies that only cast magic up in the north, so unequip all of your armor without Eureka-specific stats, change your elemental type to Lightning, cast Reflect, and then round them all up and let them reflect spells on themselves until they die. It starts petering out around 47, but it's probably the fastest non-group EXP you can get until then.

The guide i read said that doesn't work until 41. It recommends doing the weather based elementals instead before then but whichever moron designed the zone made all the ice elementals level 47+ so it's not possible for 3 of the 6 weather types.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

It might possibly be that DRKs have a bit of an inferiority complex going right now. They're the weakest tank, but that's not necessarily because they're bad, it's just that Paladin is naturally self-sufficient, Gunbreaker is very active, and Warrior is broken. So I could definitely see some DRKs getting defensive and going 'no I'm FINE, let me prove it'.

Or alternatively it could be players with experience as PLD or WAR that aren't used to playing a tank that's not as self-sufficient.

Dark Knight has the most DPS of any tank right now. they aren't weak... They aren't the squishiest either.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dark knight isn't going to run a dungeon without a healer in the way a warrior will, but their individual dps is just nasty. Even when I'm on top of my game I can't keep up with our dark knight as a warrior.

Warriors struggling to hold enmity when inner release and tomahawk exist is shameful. (note I haven't actually gotten into any enmity pissing matches)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I don't think "How well they run a dungeon" is a good barometer for strength for any class given most of those are designed to be cleared by basically anyone with a pulse.

That's not content they balance around, basically.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
DRK is not weak at all

It's just that Living Dead is really loving bad right now

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MechaX posted:

DRK is not weak at all

It's just that Living Dead is really loving bad right now

Yeah all the tanks are at least good atm an I think reading a person getting a bunch of bad pubbies in a row as "Clearly this is a pathology of a DRK player in reaction to being bad" is weird. Someone just had bad pubby luck, it happens, you don't have to immedietly jump to armchair psycho-analysis about the Spirit of Dark Knight players.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This may sound dumb, but is there something like a YouTube video of someone hyping up playing a healer? I've gotten all my red jobs to 80 and need to work on tanks and healers but I feel like healing is going to be absolutely miserable.

Tanking is pretty okay though.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Consummate Professional posted:

This may sound dumb, but is there something like a YouTube video of someone hyping up playing a healer? I've gotten all my red jobs to 80 and need to work on tanks and healers but I feel like healing is going to be absolutely miserable.

Tanking is pretty okay though.

Healing us fun! Do any of the healers speak to you on a lore level or something? I've always loved stars and the moon and poo poo so that was enough of a push to get me to play AST and I love it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Healing is lots of fun. on scholar and sage you don’t actually heal you dps and hit cooldowns once in a while.

As a whm you get to holybomb. Holy bombing and stun locking an entire dungeon wall pull is an incredible feeling you should try it. Plus now you blood lillies.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I, I might play this game too much.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah all the tanks are at least good atm an I think reading a person getting a bunch of bad pubbies in a row as "Clearly this is a pathology of a DRK player in reaction to being bad" is weird. Someone just had bad pubby luck, it happens, you don't have to immedietly jump to armchair psycho-analysis about the Spirit of Dark Knight players.

drk definitely isn't bad right now, but boy do i hear a lot of people who play drk exclusively in casual content talk about how bad it is

people who aren't really deep in the Optimization Mines are often really good at seeing someone make a joke or hyperbole about class balance and just parroting it and convincing themselves it's 100% factual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Even outside of dungeons where DRK is really strong, your healers probably curse your name under their breath.

Hopefully the healing potencies they get on Walking Dead are really strong, or they buff TBN to be on par with the other tanks.