Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd say it was probably related to the doctors telling him that he could cause permanent damage to his shoulder if he re-injured it

He confirmed that on his exit interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

lmao
https://twitter.com/ErikReichenb4ch/status/1512227931162124290

Narcissus1916 posted:

I want to give this quote all the applause.

To be fair I worked on the Hillary and Biden campaigns and I'm certain I'd probably do even worse than he did.

If it was like 2004 I feel like that would've been a purposeful casting choice. "Worked on Jeb! and Hillary's campaign? Put 'em on the same tribe"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

If it was like 2004 I feel like that would've been a purposeful casting choice. "Worked on Jeb! and Hillary's campaign? Put 'em on the same tribe"

Like when they thought it was comedy gold to put a gay person on the same tribe of a homophobe. Jeff was all, "Both sides, amirite?"

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

All you need to know about Daniel is that he was on Jeb!'s campaign back in the day.

drat, I wish I knew this from the start. it would have made things make much more sense

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nihonniboku posted:

Ozzy has come out as bisexual

https://twitter.com/OzzyLusth/status/1512362913415274498

Which isn't a big surprise given that he's done videos with other men at his onlyfans. They weren't graphic though, so I thought it was just gaybait.

Hmm, a bisexual republican? How does this work?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Poorly

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I read that as my colleagues who also happen to be republicans.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Yeah, Ozzy is very much not a Republican. In interviews he pretty much uses 'republican' as a by-word for 'bad person'.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yeah, you've misread that. He's not saying he's republican.

I'm gay, and sadly know a lot of gay republicans. They're all white. That said, they all distanced themselves from their party affiliation during the last administration, and I know a couple who officially withdrew their membership after the insurrection.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
It seems to me that an example of the walking talking caricature of the worst possible gay Republican is Colton Cumbie.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

quote:

John Raymond, 60, was jailed Thursday in Slidell, Louisiana after he turned himself in, as authorities say he would put tape over his young students' mouths

Police in the town said they received a complaint from the state's department of family services of potential abusive behavior at Lakeside Christian School.

Raymond, the school's headmaster, is accused of taping three 13-year-old students' mouths shut to teach them a lesson.

Raymond was a contestant on the fifth season of Survivor, set in Thailand back in 2002. He was the first contestant voted off the island.

He also ran for a state representative position in Louisiana, proudly declaring himself on behalf of former President Donald Trump

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10701629/amp/School-headmaster-appeared-Survivor-arrested-putting-tape-mouths-students.html

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

JesusSinfulHands posted:

It seems to me that an example of the walking talking caricature of the worst possible gay Republican is Colton Cumbie.

I completely forgot about that guy

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Heyo it's time for an update!

Lotta movement this week! Studio was finally unseated by Stone Cold! I've trimmed away the bottom of the list only because some people have left booted spots in their active position. Drea was the big winner this week with the idol activation and the tribe win.

We'll see what happens in the mergatory!

And, be on the lookout, as the rosters are likely to unlock and you'll be able to redraft following next week's episode!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Aside from the people I already lost, and how it's losing, I'm kind of fine with my roster. Except maybe Lydia. And Chanelle. and Tori. How does scorinOH there's literally the rules, first time I'm actually reading this haha whoops. I was just picking on who I thought would win or not in the end. well cool i can be more deliberate on a redraft

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I don't know if the Daniel love over on reddit was as ironic as people here were saying. He's all they're talking about over there right now. You have posts like this where people are talking about what a genuinely good guy he seems like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/u0hrro/some_thoughts_on_a_certain_players_recent_media/

I don't get it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chili posted:

Heyo it's time for an update!

Lotta movement this week! Studio was finally unseated by Stone Cold! I've trimmed away the bottom of the list only because some people have left booted spots in their active position. Drea was the big winner this week with the idol activation and the tribe win.

We'll see what happens in the mergatory!

And, be on the lookout, as the rosters are likely to unlock and you'll be able to redraft following next week's episode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrJLsNo9sCU

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 10, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ooooh is that what miller time is

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I like this season a lot more than 41 so far. They’re letting the characters stand on their own more, doing less ‘whole new era’ boosterism. Can’t wait to see how they blow it up with an hourglass this time.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

'But if you smash this hourglass, Daniel Strunk will NOT have been voted out, and instead Jonathan will go home...'

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
In other news, Boston Rob is going to be hosting a show in which he discovers...Boston.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/11/arts/boston-rob-explores-far-flung-land-boston/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
boston rob is about 60% of the things i know about boston besides something something old times america war, then that stupidass tea party movement.

and i missed everything jeff was saying just now because I was so loud cheering about applebees

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
goddamn i want to be on survivor just for my chance to be so loving pumped for applebees like i am everyday in real life where i live and work

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
grey rock is stupid when there's no odd number

johnathon is gone pretty fast once the individual challenges are around unless he's core to a solid alliance

oof drea hard to watch that look it hurts. drat mike though, good pullin

lmao johnathons diet of 18 eggs, hunks of cheese, and grits

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 14, 2022

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Khanstant posted:

lmao johnathons diet of 18 eggs, hunks of cheese, and grits

EDIT: lol Rocksroy casually bringing up his lovely marriage

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
big eyeroll lol if it's just a straight up reverse winners to losers again

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is a fun group, mostly

Rox remains a huge drag ofc

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lol I just realized what time it is. I guess it’s a double episode!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
chill out romeo

maryanne a better pick, keep johnathon around for a while unless u want to do all the hunting and hard labour, gently caress that. golden boys dont win, the fact every1 already thinking him, means kerep him round and get out some weasel early.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fantastic merge episode, it’s got everything

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Khanstant posted:

big eyeroll lol if it's just a straight up reverse winners to losers again
Somehow the minor minor tweak of saying he’d have the power to change th game and you can switch with him made it work. People actually anticipated it and know they let it happen

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

Somehow the minor minor tweak of saying he’d have the power to change th game and you can switch with him made it work. People actually anticipated it and know they let it happen

And no one seems massively butthurt this time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat, my first loser. and lydia doesnt even make jury RIP

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Bloop posted:

And no one seems massively butthurt this time

Tori seemed butthurt for the two minutes she was vulnerable. I really hate her attitude.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Omar out there hustling, good work by him.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I love Hai, but he was dumb to reveal that he would go to rocks for Lydia. That right there told everyone, well, let's get rid of her asap.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I liked the edit of him "pfft im safe i can chill" to "full out scheming action"

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
so loving stupid

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Omar really impressed me with his hustle to save Jonathan, that's a true bro. He even got Hai Gang to flip on Lydia (RIP). I wish it was Tori, she's the worst but drat it was the one challenge that Jonathan couldn't just dominate.

I find Drea to be really impressive with her thought process, though you can really see her thinking on her face which may get her into trouble if she doesn't tone that down. Hell, she guessed the immunity switch before it even happened. People don't like strong thinkers.

They really made a mistake not taking the power, especially since only 1 of them would've had to give up the reward (I think? I initially thought the whole team had to trade the reward to get the power). 1 person missing out seems like a really good deal to secure "power to change the game."

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nihonniboku posted:

I love Hai, but he was dumb to reveal that he would go to rocks for Lydia. That right there told everyone, well, let's get rid of her asap.

Hey, declaring he would go to rocks for her saved her the first time!

Also that was a good episode. I don't know if Omar had magic virgin powers or something to turn it on Lydia that efficiently, but I think what it came down was that Jonathan was too good of a shield/social player, and the threat of Maryanne's idol meant they just went the safest route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I usually hate the forced heartwarming stories, but rocksroy climbing the hill to look at the South Pacific because he might be going blind was really well done. Organic, authentic, completely unrelated to an attempt to gin up sympathy. Very preferable to the usual gauzy trauma olympics stuff.

Wish Maryanne had gone, glad my sweet boy Jonathan survived.

This episode, and season really, shows they should just let their cast stand on its own merit. It’s a good cast with interesting gameplay. They don’t need to be forced into contrived secret phrases and time travel. Then again, ‘gently caress you, it’s the same twist just with applebees’ is very funny.