Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i think the only time the RRR supers were clutch for me was with yesod's ensemble reception under page lock, since i ended up using a singleton/charge/smoke monstrosity deck to clear out all the gears worshippers on the same turn each wave with a fat ground slam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

AweStriker posted:

Where’s Cane and Church of Blue in this?
Obviously I somehow glitch out the game to skip them and get to the fights after them :v:

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

GilliamYaeger posted:

In terms of nuts level, R-Corp 2's way behind the other two. You're really only there for Clone and the super attacks for each of the keypages, and while they're all good (especially the Yujin and Happy Memories shenanigans that Clone enables) you can't really put any of that on the same level as the other three. Iori's a very strong contender for best keypage in the game, Yan is an amazing support and we just talked about the burn shenanigans Xiao can do.

I mean, Nikolai's Disposal is effectively a hard counter to Yan (which I still haven't beaten legitimately, oops)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is skitter away.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

I mean, Nikolai's Disposal is effectively a hard counter to Yan (which I still haven't beaten legitimately, oops)
True, but Malkuth's The Forgotten has the same effect.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Wow, Aspiration - that fight really is as bad as people said it was, huh?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

Wow, Aspiration - that fight really is as bad as people said it was, huh?
Yeah it's a motherfucker. Two tips I can give: combining Twelve Fixers with a card with high minimum rolls like Double-edged Rencounter is the best way to handle the power nullification Heart, and that you win the fight once you pull Learning and hit Carmen with Learn while you have any amount of Power or Endurance.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah it's a motherfucker. Two tips I can give: combining Twelve Fixers with a card with high minimum rolls like Double-edged Rencounter is the best way to handle the power nullification Heart, and that you win the fight once you pull Learning and hit Carmen with Learn while you have any amount of Power or Endurance.

...wellp now I feel like a fool because I did pull Learn, but I completely blanked on the fact that I could've just had Angela delete Carmen's counter dice.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Aspiration is the other fight Disposal destroys

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Forgetting to get Disposal before locking in the endgame felt so bad lmao

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If we follow the pattern of which team handles General Receptions, Netzach/Art is up next. Given Netzach doesn't like killing people/fighting, I think it's safe to assume that like with D.A.D. and Kaori, this will be a solo op by the subordinates.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Good to see that Snow Queen is as painful as ever!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
At the very least there are cards that Draw that are better for their specific deck gimmicks, like Leap, Rip Space and Energy Conversion for Charge, Deep Drag, Loss of Senses and Vapour for Smoke, Reload and Shock Round for Thumb decks, etc.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not directly pm related, but there's a game that came out last month that is similarly scp inspired in a cyberpunk setting.

It's got mixed reviews but if you like pm games you're probably fine with a bit of jank :v:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368030/ANNO_Mutationem/

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Junpei posted:

At the very least there are cards that Draw that are better for their specific deck gimmicks, like Leap, Rip Space and Energy Conversion for Charge, Deep Drag, Loss of Senses and Vapour for Smoke, Reload and Shock Round for Thumb decks, etc.

And Bi An for hard Block decks.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I haven't actually been paying that much attention to floor-specific strategies, myself. Right now I'm just doing SotC fights in the order they'll unlock the abno battles I want to fight. Tiphereth's been realized. Gonna do Red Mist next so I can do Gebura after.

I'm also pretty receptive to the idea of modding in an opportunity to use a fully realized Keter floor in combat, but so far the only one I've seen is an incomplete New Game Plus mode.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
The charge and smoke draw suite have the basic problem that singleton charge/smoke is probably stronger than regular charge/smoke anyway unless you're an enlightened ominous power abuser on most key pages anyway. Like Energy Conversion's biggest use is in Overcharge PT, which is only a Charge deck incidentally.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So from what I can tell the Ultimate Endgame Singleton Deck is all 7 of the cards that have bonuses from it (To Where The Prescript Points, Undertake Prescript, Execute, Will of the Prescript, Somber Procuration, Binding Chains and Multislash), Unlock, and then either Eradication, Decapitation or Castigation depending on which Proxy Key Page you've equipped.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nah, some of the Urban Nightmare singleton cards just have bad rolls for their cost in endgame (including Will of the Prescript, but you can't not run it anyway) and generically strong SOTC/Impuritas cards are usually worth using over them. Stuff like Fiery Dragon Slash, Lacerate, and Augury Kick will do better then the Singleton-keyworded attacks. Also the Singleton card suite by itself doesn't contain enough light restoration; Multislash by itself isn't enough to keep that deck running and you'll need to throw in 1-2 other light restoration cards to actually play all your speed dice each turn.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also, Singleton + [other gimmick] is always really strong* because the Singleton core is basically just Will of the Prescript and Multislash, leaving you seven other deck slots to play out another game plan. If you haven't already, try playing Singleton Pierce with the pierce synergy cards from Workshop-Affiliated Fixers and Purple Tear, with the pierce passives from Wedge Office on a Night Awls page. It's one of the hardest-hitting decks in the game.

* not you, Clone

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
God, I'm practically vibrating and salivating at the mouth waiting for History Realization. The Core Suppressions were some of the best moments of the old LP, and this is the Ruina version of them. Even if it mostly ends up being Malkuth and Bishop trying to refute Angela's points and help her, while Dimi, ImIdiot and the mystery 5th Librarian just hit things and provide moral support, I can't wait. Bishop going "poo poo. We need to do to her what the Manager and I had to do to you", the team going "Wait there's more????" when Queen Bee/Hornet swaps over to Snow White's Apple/Green Stem, Bishop having to do another Team Head meeting like the one just after Malkuth Core Suppression going "Look Angela's gonna go crazy after you get your last team member, be ready"-I'm just too excited, man!

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
Personally speaking, I can't wait for everybody to get baited by the prospect of Magical Girl Angela only for Roland to swoop in center stage.

Of course, that probably won't be for at least another few months but still, gives me something to look forward to LP-reaction wise.

(In the shorter term, I'm also looking forward to the Puppet reception and everyone learning just how screwed up Singularities really are)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh yeah, agreed on that front. Jae-Heon going "This train is operating as intended". is going to break people's brains.

The real question is-will they consider Jae-Heon's monologue enough of an explanation to satisfy them? Puppets are the last time on that branch that Love Town matters in and of itself, from WARP Janitors onward it's mostly about patent wars and corporate espionage than What The gently caress Is Up With WARP Trains, which means interest in that branch dies down in and of itself-aside from maybe TQ going "Myo shows up here." in a vote, which will probably sway some people.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Honestly, I just wanna see how long it's going to take for folks to realize what Binah's realization is going to be and how much/quickly they freak out.

as well as seeing everyone's Least Favorite Godhead Fetus make a return and their reaction to that.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Verant posted:

Honestly, I just wanna see how long it's going to take for folks to realize what Binah's realization is going to be and how much/quickly they freak out.

as well as seeing everyone's Least Favorite Godhead Fetus make a return and their reaction to that.

I think both of these are going to get figured out very quickly, Hokma's floor doesn't exactly have a subtle theme and the moment the first bird shows up the only question people will have is what the fourth abnormality will be (since the 5th will be assumed Apocalypse). I do wonder where Tenebrais will end up given bird opinions.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A few Librarian placement guesses:

-Gaia and EvilKit, I feel, are going to Social Sciences given they were both created to deal with Woodsman and Chesed is the Oz floor. Twee is Captain so she's a lock there, and Seyser was also there so he might also be there.
-Sephiroth is absolutely moving to Hokma given his role/connection to WhiteNight. I don't really know who else is going there aside from Talow and maybe Robin.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Finally got past Regret thanks to smoky Iori going ham on one-sided attacks and completely ignoring the gimmick, and now that I'm at the boss rush, I want to try something very, very dumb.

What's a good team to support a Light Contract Binah? Thinking Nikolai, strength generator Mirinae, Pluto, and free space - maybe Xiao for more mass attacks and power, or Yan for additional support and erosion.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Qrr posted:

I think both of these are going to get figured out very quickly, Hokma's floor doesn't exactly have a subtle theme and the moment the first bird shows up the only question people will have is what the fourth abnormality will be (since the 5th will be assumed Apocalypse). I do wonder where Tenebrais will end up given bird opinions.

Well, you can look forward to the reactions when the true nature of The Borrowing Heaven is revealed at least :allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What is the late-game, Will of the Prescript replacement? I'm looking at the cards and avoiding anything with a specific gimmick like Brace Up for Discard decks, Bi An for Block strats, or anything that has the unique "Draw page + Restore Light" combo since that's a bit specific, it's... Celestial Spear? or Ri of the Four Trigrams?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Junpei posted:

What is the late-game, Will of the Prescript replacement? I'm looking at the cards and avoiding anything with a specific gimmick like Brace Up for Discard decks, Bi An for Block strats, or anything that has the unique "Draw page + Restore Light" combo since that's a bit specific, it's... Celestial Spear? or Ri of the Four Trigrams?

There's not really one. It's just that busted of a card. Certain decks can work without it, like some of the trigram decks, discard boys, but almost every deck works best at Singleton.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was asking Gilliam since he mentioned a card in his go-over that would replace it lategame.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

It's The Will of the City. 2 cost, 3 light/1 draw. Mediocre rolls, but has a leading defend die so it can help mitigate attacks you can't beat. Handles both light generation and card draw. You'll want to supplement it with other resource cards obviously since that cost can get awkward, but it's still a very powerful card that eases the need for Will of the Prescript.

To a lesser extent there's also Unlock, but while it's really powerful it's also pretty slow to start up since you have to use it twice before it does anything.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 13, 2022

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Don't forget that Smoke and Charge both have a draw-2, and that the Hana passive is surprisingly good for draw over the course of a fight.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

Don't forget that Smoke and Charge both have a draw-2, and that the Hana passive is surprisingly good for draw over the course of a fight.
Yeah, between Hana and Yan's passives you can get a lot of page draw without even using a page draw card, which also contributes to Will of the Prescript not being nearly as centralizing. Will's still there as an option - and a really powerful, easy to use one that's still going to be used in most decks - but you have options outside of it in the endgame so variety's there and viable if you want it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If you have all 3 of your Burning Flashes in hand, and use one, does the effect activate twice, meaning you discard both other copies, draw 2 cards, and the card has three 6-10 Slash dice with "On Hit inflict 1 Burn", or only once?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Junpei posted:

If you have all 3 of your Burning Flashes in hand, and use one, does the effect activate twice, meaning you discard both other copies, draw 2 cards, and the card has three 6-10 Slash dice with "On Hit inflict 1 Burn", or only once?

I forget how this works but there’s also a meme build with Clone Burning Flash. Why stop at 3?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
You only ever get two dice but with a bunch of Burning Flashes the draw effect becomes much better, thus the cloning. Plus you can stick stuff like Happy Memories on there.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
burning flash + clone Kim is an amazing clash-winner, for when you absolutely cannot afford to get hit by a specific card, but it does suffer from light/draw sustain problems. still, very fun to play.

(e: burning-flash-without-clone kim is also really good specifically for shutting down the red mist's 2-dice engine cards, he'll basically never lose a clash to them)

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

burning flash + clone Kim is an amazing clash-winner, for when you absolutely cannot afford to get hit by a specific card, but it does suffer from light/draw sustain problems. still, very fun to play.

(e: burning-flash-without-clone kim is also really good specifically for shutting down the red mist's 2-dice engine cards, he'll basically never lose a clash to them)

If you use Jeong office passive that gives you card draw when you discard + Malkuth's Happy Memories abno card you can use burning flash twice per turn plus a draw tech card (usually To Overcome Crisis) with a clone Kim without any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Whew, finished the game! Heck of a ride, especially with the fights at the end. Binah crashed and burned in the first round of the rematch, but her floor managed to finish off the quartet and moved onto the second round, which is where Chesed using smoky Red Mist Prowess Iori and the superpower of teamwork demolished Oswald, Tanya, and Jae-hoon before just going to town on Pluto and Elena. Everyone got wiped out to Argalia's incessant mass attack spam at the end, but I brought in Netzach using Yujin and whatever leftover decent keypages to whittle down that last 65 hp.

I was so close to keeping Roland alive, just one more turn and he would've made it through - but Baral and Zena decided to double-team him with heavy-hitting cards on one speed dice, and I was only able to redirect one. All in all, fantastic game, and I'm really glad I gave it a chance after the end of TeeQue's Lobotomy Corporation LP!

Now all that's left for me is wrapping up those last few achievements, checking out some of these mods, and eagerly waiting for the LP to get into the crazy stuff.