Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1512852666099118082

I wonder if he'll last the weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'd be fuming if I was a billionaire stuck living in that shithole.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When the Palace of Westminster finally collapses I hope they'll use the new structural techniques to make a legislative building with accommodation inside it.

And a big cast marble resin statue of Boris Johnson as one of those old Roman emperors in the foyer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If he's learned anything from his time with Boris then he'll just brazen it out until the press get bored and move on.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

How does number ten have such a big garden? Do a bunch of the others not?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

If he's learned anything from his time with Boris then he'll just brazen it out until the press get bored and move on.

I’m not sure he’s that type. I would bet a lot that he won’t even stand as an MP in the next election, he’ll gently caress off some Silicon Valley or Davos type job.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

He'll always be the saviour of TV-am

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The garden is shared between 10 and 11 (and the Cabinet Office). Number 9 gets it's own tiny garden.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Didn't you know, it's an office.
They hold meetings there.
With champagne and canapes.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sunak doesn't need the money, so now it's clear he'll never have the power he might as well gently caress off to live on a private island somewhere

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Never understood why someone as rich as him is bothering to work at all. Some ego thing due to feeling a bit inferior at being rich but not as rich as the billionaire family he's married into?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Never understood why someone as rich as him is bothering to work at all. Some ego thing due to feeling a bit inferior at being rich but not as rich as the billionaire family he's married into?

I think it's like Boris, he just really wants to be in the big chair

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

When the Palace of Westminster finally collapses I hope they'll use the new structural techniques to make a legislative building with accommodation inside it.

And a big cast marble resin statue of Boris Johnson as one of those old Roman emperors in the foyer.

As always WHFRPG was way ahead of the curve and did it back in the 80's.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Boris_Goldgather

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pistol_Pete posted:

Money makes people psychotic. The more you have the more you feel you need to try & fill that gaping hole in your soul. And it can never be enough.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

I think it's like Boris, he just really wants to be in the big chair
I want him to be in the big chair as well, but I suspect we're talking about very different chairs.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I did see this book cover randomly the other day and my brain couldn't get over the weird way he was gripping candles. It just felt wrong.

Then lo and behold...

Baader Meinhof is real...

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Mebh posted:

Baader Meinhof is real...

Hands are difficult...

https://twitter.com/HelenJMacdonald/status/839215214025388032

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/09/scottish-labour-revival-polls-may-elections

Scottish Labour posted:

“On the doorstep, things are improving,” she said. “We’re seeing people who left us in 2016 and 2017 coming back. It is because of Boris.”

Please give us a turn. We have been very well behaved. We are not naughty anymore, unlike Boris.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I barely followed Scottish Labour, what was the reason everyone abandoned them? Indyref?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

I barely followed Scottish Labour, what was the reason everyone abandoned them? Indyref?

Just as (or possibly even more) poo poo as English Labour, except the SNP answered the "Where else are you going to go?" question for them. The independence referendum definitely helped the process along because the SNP could lay out an actual programme for change that they wouldn't really be able to do otherwise, but the rot is much older and deeper than that.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, everyone stopped voting for Scottish Labour 'cos they were a garbage party that stood for absolutely nothing. Funny thing is, they still seem to think that the voters will eventually drift back to them, without them having to change or do anything, it's weird.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

It's funny because sturgeon herself is a fairly left / Labour surrogate but the snp writ large definitely isn't. I forget the name of woman who is tipped to be the next leader but she is bible bashing Conservative women. They really are a 1 policy party

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

domhal posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/09/scottish-labour-revival-polls-may-elections

Please give us a turn. We have been very well behaved. We are not naughty anymore, unlike Boris.

Looking forward to a performance equal to 2015 in Scotland! Love that they just say gains are from Johnson's fuckups, nothing of Labours making

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Standing shoulder to shoulder with the Tory party definitely did massive damage to Scottish Labour.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Isn't the current Scottish Labour Leader a union-busting Mill owner or something equally Dickensian? Utterly pointless party.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Mega Comrade posted:

The attrition in the Labour support in Scotland really started in around 2004/5. The Iraq and Blair were both extremely unpopular, and the SNP were offering a consistent businesses friendly anti war alternative. In 2007 they scraped into a minority government position, which performed beyond peoples expectations, and went on to completed rout labour in the 2011 election. If you want a real laugh you should check out coverage of the 2011 election results, the entire evening is full of delicious meltdowns by some of the worst Blair era ghouls.

2014 was the final nail for the remaining Labour support, which bled off to the SNP, and secured their now hegemonic position.

jiggerypokery posted:

It's funny because sturgeon herself is a fairly left / Labour surrogate but the snp writ large definitely isn't. I forget the name of woman who is tipped to be the next leader but she is bible bashing Conservative women. They really are a 1 policy party

And yeah Kate Forbes the finance minister is a Free Presbyterian. Which if you don't know is pretty much the Scottish equivalent of the Taliban

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 10, 2022

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jiggerypokery posted:

Right, but Labour are a zero-policy party.

It really is astonishing just how bad so many people who do it for a living are at politics. Well not really, it's incredibly obvious *why* they're so bad at it, because it doesn't serve them to be good at it - offering people a coherent vision of a better future scares the money away.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JoylessJester posted:

Isn't the current Scottish Labour Leader a union-busting Mill owner or something equally Dickensian? Utterly pointless party.

Not quite that bad but yeah, he's a second generation politician (his dad Mohammed Sarwar was an MP for Glasgow Central & just finished up his 2nd term as Governor of Punjab, Anas then held Glasgow Central for 5 years after Mohammed stepped down. Also fun fact about Mohammed Sarwar, he claims to be a supporter of both Celtic & Rangers, which is perhaps the single least believable thing ever said by a Scottish politician. He was also nominated for a seat in the Lords by Gordon Brown but HMRC stepped in to advise against it, which raises an eyebrow), attended Hutcheson's which is an independent school (sent his own son there too) & is part-owner in the family cash & carry business, which was caught advertising for jobs below the living wage. Despite being a member of Unite at the time, which is some audacity.

keep punching joe posted:

And yeah Kate Forbes the finance minister is a Free Presbyterian. Which if you don't know is pretty much the Scottish equivalent of the Taliban

loving hell, I'd missed that. (Well, I googled it & she's just a Wee Free rather than a Wee Wee Free, which is a minor relief, but only a minor one) Wee Free as First Minister? That's a scary prospect.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 10, 2022

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Hello UK Goons, I feel like this might be a good place to ask, my partner received a PCN for parking at a Halfords in Croydon, it’s a final reminder but this is the first notice she’s had, I remember the day, we we’re going to IKEA and we noticed her light was out so we went to Halfords to get a new bulb, we were there for around 15 minutes at the most just while I fitted the bulb, looking online it seems this has been quite common and some of the spaces are not owned by Halfords however the signage is minimal,there’s no barriers and no real indication that you can’t park there especially considering it was pitch black when there.
Has anyone appealed these do you know the best process for it, it was back in January so my full recollection of what happened is limited.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gaz2k21 posted:

Hello UK Goons, I feel like this might be a good place to ask, my partner received a PCN for parking at a Halfords in Croydon, it’s a final reminder but this is the first notice she’s had, I remember the day, we we’re going to IKEA and we noticed her light was out so we went to Halfords to get a new bulb, we were there for around 15 minutes at the most just while I fitted the bulb, looking online it seems this has been quite common and some of the spaces are not owned by Halfords however the signage is minimal,there’s no barriers and no real indication that you can’t park there especially considering it was pitch black when there.
Has anyone appealed these do you know the best process for it, it was back in January so my full recollection of what happened is limited.

The low-risk approach is just pay it.

The medium-risk approach is to reply with one of the templates from Money Saving Expert and fight it. If this doesn't work, or you're feeling naughty...

The high-risk approach is to play chicken with them. The amount in dispute is far below the threshold for small claims court, and won't cover their costs even if they win (because they can't recover costs in small claims court), so in the vast majority of cases they won't take it to court. However if you're one of the minority you will end up paying out more, and wasting a lot of time and anxiety.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

What are they saying you did wrong in contravention to the signage?

Your first port of call if easy to do should be to go to Halfords and see if they will cancel the ticket for you.

You can also probably appeal based on needing to make emergency reputed to vehicle. Your appeal to the company will fail but you then appeal to POPLA who are considerably more likely to overturn the ticket.

Edit: just saw that although you went to Halfords, that particular space did not belong to them. Again depending on how clear the signage was, that's also a route of appeal if it was not clear that space could not be used.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Tsietisin posted:

What are they saying you did wrong in contravention to the signage?

Your first port of call if easy to do should be to go to Halfords and see if they will cancel the ticket for you.

You can also probably appeal based on needing to make emergency reputed to vehicle. Your appeal to the company will fail but you then appeal to POPLA who are considerably more likely to overturn the ticket.

Edit: just saw that although you went to Halfords, that particular space did not belong to them. Again depending on how clear the signage was, that's also a route of appeal if it was not clear that space could not be used.

The signage was definitely unclear (plus it really was dark I had to use my phone to fit the new bulb) and from looking around MSE and Facebook people have won appeals through the IAS on that basis I’d imagine this is the route I’ll be going down, I think first port of call is to appeal with the company (UKPS) and go from there

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Best bet is to post on the Pepipoo forums, they're really useful for dealing with parking fines: http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
A little bird once told me that, if you have no moral quandaries about this, then if you tell the debt collectors that contact with them is damaging your mental health and causing you suicidal ideation, they have to gently caress off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

if that works imo you should do it, suicidal ideation might as well be good for something.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So it seems as well as starstreak, we've given them its younger sibling the Martlet, which only came in to service last year

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1513097077647200257

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

OwlFancier posted:

if that works imo you should do it, suicidal ideation might as well be good for something.

Hope you see doing better Owl.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Josef bugman posted:

Hope you see doing better Owl.

Well I hope YOU'RE doing better!

Hahah got em

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So it seems as well as starstreak, we've given them its younger sibling the Martlet, which only came in to service last year

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1513097077647200257

edit: meant to post this to the Ukraine thread, but I guess giving them new weapons that weren't planned to be in full operating service until 2024 is definitely UK news too..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Ha-HA, now THIS thread has the Martlet