Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

What a loving rear end in a top hat. Was he just too lazy fold his drat equipment in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

What a loving rear end in a top hat. Was he just too lazy fold his drat equipment in?

The plow was hanging off the back of the tractor, and he was turning onto/off of the highway which caused it to swing into the opposing lane.

you can see it better in this frame.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Always harrowing when I see the LiveLeak watermark. (not as harrowing as that collision though; jesus)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This explains a lot about the condition of DHL packages I've sent and received.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Powershift posted:

The plow was hanging off the back of the tractor, and he was turning onto/off of the highway which caused it to swing into the opposing lane.

I handled a claim for this exact scenario many years ago. Roof was peeled & the driver died.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

By popular demand posted:

Wonder if that's how that place tries to solve every problem
Rowdy diners, pull a blanket on them.
Gas leak, pull a blanket on it.
Health inspector, tie him in a blanket.

No, that only works in Ratatouille.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Unperson_47 posted:

Always harrowing when I see the LiveLeak watermark. (not as harrowing as that collision though; jesus)

yeah well you reap what you sow and all that

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/b7ZGaND.mp4

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

PainterofCrap posted:

I handled a claim for this exact scenario many years ago. Roof was peeled & the driver died.

Max payout?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

hailthefish posted:

A proper fire blanket is made of fiberglass and works pretty well for putting out grease fires by smothering them. Unfortunately, tossing (presumably cotton) tablecloths on a grease fire is not the same thing. Especially if someone else is also throwing random cups of water on the flaming grease at the same time.

also looks like they were also fussing around with the table cloth and letting the fire have access to breaths of fresh air.

its kinda like how people use pot lids on fires, but keep checking every few seconds instead of just leaving it alone for a min or two. ( also this looks like a giant resturant wok, they should have a lid that pairs with it. a big enough wooden cutting board can also work, assuming its thicc too)

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 10, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I had the sound off at first and when I turned it on, it sounded exactly what I played in my mind.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

vortmax posted:

I would absolutely die trying to pet the big kitty

Me too. I'd also cuddle the gently caress out of that thing

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
https://i.imgur.com/HKwlkv5.mp4

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Concreteckling

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/3sWTS5j.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Occupational Snake Handling Administration

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Why did the snake cross the road?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

That's a remarkably chill animal. Anyone know what kind of snek?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Black rat snake

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/FAkzwAR.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I am the biggest, softest kitty in the world, raised by birth by my favorite friends in the world, humans! I just LOOOOVVV *here's fake camera click from phone, interprets it as twig snapping in underbrush*.... welp, everyone has to die now.

My sister went to the tiger temple in Thailand many years ago and told me how the monks make sure the cats are all well fed before they went anywhere near the public.

She also told me how, during her visit, one of the tigers heard an ox lowing in the distance and immediately jumped up and went into full alert mode and it took a whole lot of monks to drag it away.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Textured back makes it a Black Rat Snake, as said above. If the black was solid and super glossy it would likely be a Black Racer. Also Rat Snakes are more likely to stand their ground than zip away.

Harmless and more likely to shake their little tails to mimic a rattle than try to strike. You can see them try to shake it in the video but it ain't doing much. They're all bark and no bite. Racers are jerks and don't like being handled at all

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

The cameraman being like "Where do you want to be, over here? Nope, over here? There you go!" is very cute.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Racers are jerks and don't like being handled at all

Also, just in case you're maybe going into a crawl space, like say under a trailer, when you look around the ground for rattlesnakes, look up into the insulation for black racers.

Ask me how I know.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Textured back makes it a Black Rat Snake, as said above. If the black was solid and super glossy it would likely be a Black Racer. Also Rat Snakes are more likely to stand their ground than zip away.

Harmless and more likely to shake their little tails to mimic a rattle than try to strike. You can see them try to shake it in the video but it ain't doing much. They're all bark and no bite. Racers are jerks and don't like being handled at all

The wild rat snakes I've dealt with also liked making GBS threads and releasing a gross smelling liquid all over anyone who tried to pick them up. Not on the same scale as a venomous bite, but they certainly tried to be unpleasant to pick up.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
https://twitter.com/tommcgovern27/status/1505940975859892226

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

I recently discovered that some tortoise species to the "emit foul-smelling liquid" thing when I rescued one of these guys trying to cross a busy local road.

It wasn't too bad (sort of a gross drain type smell), but it did take a few days for the smell to dissipate from my car's passenger-side footwell :<

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Propaganda Hour posted:

I've seen one in the wild do the tail thing under a pile of dead leaves to make it sound rattly. Super cute, you aren't scaring me, buddy :kimchi: .

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fun fact: snakes shaking their tails against dry leaves as a threat display is an ancient adaptation.

Rattlesnakes simply evolved the ability to do it without leaves.

Not so fun fact: humans are putting selection pressure on rattlesnakes to develop non‐functional rattles. People kill rattlers. Silent snakes get found and killed less frequently.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

I almost got killed by something similar about 15 years ago. On a divided highway (like an Interstate but not), it was almost midnight, pitch dark, and suddenly right in front of me... a combine. loving farmers.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

jetz0r posted:

The wild rat snakes I've dealt with also liked making GBS threads and releasing a gross smelling liquid all over anyone who tried to pick them up. Not on the same scale as a venomous bite, but they certainly tried to be unpleasant to pick up.

Garter snakes are the worse for this, it's called musking and in their case since they love eating fish it has a great lingering fishy scent :yum:

We get rat snakes a lot here and I'm still not brave enough to pick them up directly even though I've handled snakes a ton so I keep a baking sheet in my car to move them, lol.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't you give me lip! You're a rat snake and I'm clearly not a rat!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hognose snakes are the best, they'll do that fake threat pose, fake lunging bites, and tail rattling with leaves, but if that's not enough to scare you away they'll roll over and play dead. They're so dead that if you flip them over they'll roll right onto their back again to prove just how dead they are :3:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

Me too. I'd also cuddle the gently caress out of that thing

I've always thought grizzly bears look extremely cuddly when they're in a good mood.

Now, when they're angry, not so much, but if we're talking about animals you'd die to pet, well...

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hognose snakes are the best, they'll do that fake threat pose, fake lunging bites, and tail rattling with leaves, but if that's not enough to scare you away they'll roll over and play dead. They're so dead that if you flip them over they'll roll right onto their back again to prove just how dead they are :3:

Are there any spiders that do this? Mammals? Fish?

Opossums do it right?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

To be fair it's an adorable murder death machine

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Big cats really are just, uh, bigger cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklx3j7kgJY

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Just watched ROAR last night (trailer below) so man this delivered immediate flashbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cny_D50Rr44

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Log082 posted:

Big cats really are just, uh, bigger cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tklx3j7kgJY

Look at those murder mittens! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Never had a cat I'd trust to never ever scratch or bite me, now extrapolate this to actually life threatening claws and teeth.