Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

uploading your resume and then also typing all of it into form boxes is a universal thing.

All so your resume can be scanned and automatically rejected because they didn't find any of the keywords they wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

Asking my professional development teacher how to put posting online since 2003 on my resume

desktop monitor inspection and maintenance technician

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

tokin opposition posted:

Asking my professional development teacher how to put posting online since 2003 on my resume

Over a decade of experience in Brand Management and promoting a presence in social media.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nearly 20 years of experience of social media content creation

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Remember if you write in size 1 font with white ink at the bottom your resume you never worked for Google, Microsoft, Facebook, or enter whatever big-name here you will get more calls.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Remember if you write in size 1 font with white ink at the bottom your resume you never worked for Google, Microsoft, Facebook, or enter whatever big-name here you will get more calls.

You can just put on your linkedin that you worked there but be honest on your resume, it works the same. Probably better tbh.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the only thing worse than having a job is trying to get one

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

All so your resume can be scanned and automatically rejected because they didn't find any of the keywords they wanted.

I assure you, I manually reject all the resumes that come in. I don't need a machine to do it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Spazzle posted:

I assure you, I manually reject all the resumes that come in. I don't need a machine to do it.

https://i.imgur.com/N4H5pcH.mp4

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

uploading your resume and then also typing all of it into form boxes is a universal thing. it's stupid and sucks

i assume its because some rear end in a top hat in upper management thinks that if you dont have the can-do attitude to type in your resume twice, then you don't have what it takes to work here at [Shithole Corp. LLC]

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're suppose to copypaste but preface it with a "as per my last response,"

Straight to upper management

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

if you're applying through the general corporate HR portal, you're kinda hosed to begin with

you'll be behind employee referrals, direct HR contacts etc. i think in many cases, you're better off applying for the same role through the linkedin (or equivalent) job listing

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
"Inflation is because of government spending, CEOs can't possibly influence the price of goods and services!"

https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1512485710435020801?t=dVPVhlyUqEylRqe0INOnkw&s=19

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Panfilo posted:

"Inflation is because of government spending, CEOs can't possibly influence the price of goods and services!"

https://twitter.com/PolicemanMeme/status/1512485710435020801?t=dVPVhlyUqEylRqe0INOnkw&s=19

Why does this account keep getting posted?

Man puts in like hours and hours of work for like max 20 likes.

Some of them might even be ironic from here!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

apatheticman posted:

He also posts them on Facebook and Parler, which I imagine get far more engagement. It's just easier for me to embed tweets.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

apatheticman posted:

This guy should be taught the concept of trust busting

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Panfilo posted:

He also posts them on Facebook and Parler, which I imagine get far more engagement. It's just easier for me to embed tweets.

what about Truth Social

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I wonder if you could just put every imaginable keyword in white font on a white background on like an extra page

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Panfilo posted:

It'd be even easier for you to not post them at all since they're a dumb nobody idiot that's just getting off on the hatereading anyway

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The The Meme Policeman Policeman

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

I wonder if you could just put every imaginable keyword in white font on a white background on like an extra page

This did work yea. I think the systems are a bit smarter but it’s definitely a tactic I’ve heard before.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Ruffian Price posted:

The The Meme Policeman Policeman

Meme Internal Affairs

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
special posting unit

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Crime Meme Investigators

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Capital Intent

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

Not a bad idea, actually...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zvahl posted:

special posting unit

:doink:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Not a bad idea, actually...

Apparently there's countermeasures for that now

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

If 4 companies control 60% of a market, that means 4 golf buddies control 60% of a market.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Panfilo posted:

what's a collusive oligopoly precious?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Animal-Mother posted:

If 4 companies control 60% of a market, that means 4 golf buddies control 60% of a market.

Someone should 9/11 their next round at the country club.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

The Nastier Nate posted:

my boss, who makes $200,000 a year, once told me "don't worry Nate when it comes time to send your kids to college, you'll find a way to pay for it"

thanks for the great advice boss

I think he volunteered to be poisoned so that you could take his position

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

indigi posted:

you can’t really put “bought an a/c” on your file and think anyone will be impressed, but “led a multidisciplined denicotinization task force that refurbished and repaired devalued essential infrastructure in order to improve visitor satisfaction” might get you an extra few percent at bonus time

or or get this

just lie, nobody is going to verify any of your past projects

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
my manager at my old job was concerned he wouldn't fit in with this brothers-in-law at some fancy rear end wedding (lawyers and poo poo) so I told him he manages logistics for a fortune 500 company (player/coach of the unload team at a hardware store).

we could probably have a thread of people posting their resumes and goons making them sound way the gently caress fancier

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I am an applied physicist, specializing in complex thermodynamic phase change systems!

i fix air conditioners

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

there's a cottage industry of resume fixers (there's one here on SA who posted banner ads for a while)

i don't think faking up bullet points really helps

the main benefit people get from re-doing their CV is usually from just having it look "normal" with proper formatting, no typos etc

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

shrike82 posted:

there's a cottage industry of resume fixers (there's one here on SA who posted banner ads for a while)

the main benefit people get from re-doing their CV is usually from just having it look "normal" with proper formatting, no typos etc

I got a lot more hits on mine when I made it more achievement-oriented rather than skill-oriented (AskAManager has some really great advice on this).

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

shrike82 posted:

1) polishing bullet points actually does help. it shows that you're smart enough to do the dance and that you have soft skills that don't show up in a resume otherwise
2) i liken interviewing to dating and both have multi-billion dollar industries centered around "please be normal". saying "make your resume normal and you'll get a job" is a degree or two away from "make a bunch of money by investing well" without someone to tell you exactly what "normal" is

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

1) polishing bullet points actually does help. it shows that you're smart enough to do the dance and that you have soft skills that don't show up in a resume otherwise
2) i liken interviewing to dating and both have multi-billion dollar industries centered around "please be normal". saying "make your resume normal and you'll get a job" is a degree or two away from "make a bunch of money by investing well" without someone to tell you exactly what "normal" is

Don't put a bunch of zelda pictures on it no matter how cool you think zelda is.

There, you've just bested the worst interviewee I've ever had to interview so you're already a step up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the analogy with dating is true in that there's a weird bubble of self-help pseudo-science on how you'll be able to improve your profile or CV by doing X