Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Devils Affricate posted:

I saw you playing it on your stream. All you were doing was spamming heavy attack against the early game knight guys and constantly getting owned by them because you couldn't actually get an attack in. You died a few times this way and gave up and played call of duty lol

Lol true enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Devils Affricate posted:

I saw you playing it on your stream. All you were doing was spamming heavy attack against the early game knight guys and constantly getting owned by them because you couldn't actually get an attack in. You died a few times this way and gave up and played call of duty lol

Pfft :owned:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
call of duty needs a heavy attack button imo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Devils Affricate posted:

Now this is epic gaming!

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I fid it more likely that I switched to playing battle field V because I never owned elden ring and COD at the same time........

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I exchanged Elden ring for COD Vanguard, then returned COD vanguard and now I have Lego Star wars which I will be streaming shortly....

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah it was probably Battlefield, I can't keep those games apart in my head

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

styls trill epic posted:

I fid it more likely that I switched to playing battle field V because I never owned elden ring and COD at the same time........

It's hard to talk poo poo about Elden Ring when people like you are giving Elden Ring poo poo talkers a bad name by being bad at videogames.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah it was probably Battlefield, I can't keep those games apart in my head

Theyre pretty much the same OP which Is why I returned COD to get the lego star wars game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

Is he dr disrespect?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG is a top 5 game

to avoid HEH

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
(to the tune of mary had a little lamb)

Elden junk goes in the trash, in the trash in the trash
Elden junk goes in the trash, with the P S five

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

YIIK: A Postmodern RPG is a top 5 game

to avoid HEH

:iceburn:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
are there genuine YIIK likers it seems designed to be insufferable but also maybe even going for earnest but like ironically which makes it even more insufferable

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

Hahahahaha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Devils Affricate posted:

Did they say the game was boring before turning it off?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

lol

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

fridge corn posted:

Did they say the game was boring before turning it off?

I likely did Op

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Devils Affricate posted:

Heavy oof

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Elden junk

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
lego star wars is perf for this dude

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am definitely not getting Sekiro but I am progressing along even when it deeply dissapoints me with this trash rear end white snake bullshit. Clowned on Lady Butterfly first try, beat Genchiro in a handful of tries (he has been the only boss so far I'd call good). Then I got to guardian ape and beat it in 5 tries using the safest, dullest combat and for the second phase the block button is nearly uneeded. Got to the corrupted monk and thought, yeah, this is gonna be awesome and got brick walled until I gave up and played the single most tediously boring bossfight I've ever slogged through.

I know Im missing something because if I poise kill a boss (only exception genchiro) they're already pathetically low on health and for some like lady butterfly and guardian ape I just drained their health bars fully.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Any jackass that says Elden Ring should be played any particular way should be treated like someone playing Doom saying the only real way to play is using only the starter pistol. Like, sorry you refuse to acknowledge that this is the game the developers made, on purpose. No, they never intended you to use Moonveil or Rivers of Blood or Mimic! You love From on one hand but on the other say they are dummos that can't balance their own game. Sorry I'm picking up the BFG they purposefully put in this game and using it, shut the gently caress up.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Just had an actual fun boss fight with vader and beat episode 5. i admit i missed the 2 minute loading screens after every instadeath and the 1 minute loop of the same violin music but i think lego star wars is win and elden junk is fail

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
my fav thing right now is how the elden ring pvp community is so blood thirsty that its basically impossible to coop the game

:discourse:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AcidCat posted:

Any jackass that says Elden Ring should be played any particular way should be treated like someone playing Doom saying the only real way to play is using only the starter pistol. Like, sorry you refuse to acknowledge that this is the game the developers made, on purpose. No, they never intended you to use Moonveil or Rivers of Blood or Mimic! You love From on one hand but on the other say they are dummos that can't balance their own game. Sorry I'm picking up the BFG they purposefully put in this game and using it, shut the gently caress up.

The beauty of the DSouls + Elden games is how many options for play styles they have and the game plays differently for everyone. By the time you reach the halfway mark of the game, you should be thinking about all the cool stuff you want to play with the next time you play the game. And then as you're doing that, you'll start thinking about the gimmick runs you want to do. And then you are trapped in the Souls, unable to escape.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Random Stranger posted:

The beauty of the DSouls + Elden games is how many options for play styles they have and the game plays differently for everyone.

I wish I got to play the style where the sound design was more than a one minute loop of "creepy" violin, my little tarnished guys feet didn't clip through the one dimensional washed out grass, and there wasn't a two minute load screen between deaths.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i thought i had the worst avatar but i literally scrolled fast past just to get to a part of the page where i cant see the trill epic face

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
nooooo its so close now aaaaa

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Barudak posted:

I am definitely not getting Sekiro but I am progressing along even when it deeply dissapoints me with this trash rear end white snake bullshit. Clowned on Lady Butterfly first try, beat Genchiro in a handful of tries (he has been the only boss so far I'd call good). Then I got to guardian ape and beat it in 5 tries using the safest, dullest combat and for the second phase the block button is nearly uneeded. Got to the corrupted monk and thought, yeah, this is gonna be awesome and got brick walled until I gave up and played the single most tediously boring bossfight I've ever slogged through.

I know Im missing something because if I poise kill a boss (only exception genchiro) they're already pathetically low on health and for some like lady butterfly and guardian ape I just drained their health bars fully.

If there's one thing I've learned about FromSoft games, it's that different people have different amounts of trouble with the various bosses. I had a hell of a time with Lady Butterfly but Corrupted Monk was an easy first or second attempt for me. Similarly, I thought DS1's Four Kings were a total piece of cake while Gwyn was tough as hell, but a couple of my friends felt the exact opposite.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Khanstant posted:

nooooo its so close now aaaaa

you both win tbh

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

A game that gets sold short is Angry Birds Star Wars.

Angry Birds Star Wars Prequels is a poo poo show though.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
The backtracking legs of Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are a lot of fun and do a good job of letting you go back and blow poo poo to bits as a super-powered badass.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its not the difficulty, per se, I'm like missing something. With corrupted monk the only way I could beat it was by rote memory of which of its small amount of moves was punishable with damage not blocking because until it got down to 1/3rd health it would do the slashing backstep away from me and recover nearly its entire posture bar making anything that wasn't health damage pointless.

Also we can however mock I didn't figure out how to pick up money till after genchiro.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

styls trill epic posted:

I wish I got to play the style where the sound design was more than a one minute loop of "creepy" violin, my little tarnished guys feet didn't clip through the one dimensional washed out grass, and there wasn't a two minute load screen between deaths.

This is the criticism of a sad, sad man.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

styls trill epic posted:

just dont die op then you dont have to worry about the load screen

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

lol i'm a scrub and i'm doing fine with elden ring

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

just dont die op then you dont have to worry about the load screen

Or maybe play the game on anything other than a potato.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mescal posted:

Yup. In my experience you have to treat it like an old JRPG where you're expected to grind up levels on side stuff between story bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mescal posted:

Yeah

I did okay until starscream jabbar or w/e

Still trying to figure out how to run past him :thunk: