Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
Xi, i'm beggin' you buddy, this U.S has some backwalls need bustin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

e: wrong thread

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Good lord, I had no idea that there was a Russian lawyer from Crimea that was a bigger crank and more terminally online than your average CSPAM poster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMajEvldPC0

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Despera posted:

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. my claim of more than 0 people dying of covid is less extraordinary than the chinese claim of 0 no?

new zealand had 2 covid deaths between 21 september 2020 and 21 september 2021. why would it be extraordinary for a country with even stronger restrictions to have the same number of deaths over a year?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

exmarx posted:

new zealand had 2 covid deaths between 21 september 2020 and 21 september 2021. why would it be extraordinary for a country with even stronger restrictions to have the same number of deaths over a year?

China had about 7,000 cases in 2021, which statistically you'd expect to lead to about 100 deaths rather than the 30 or so that they reported. But it wasn't a situation where they were hiding mass graves or anything like that.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Chamale posted:

China had about 7,000 cases in 2021, which statistically you'd expect to lead to about 100 deaths rather than the 30 or so that they reported. But it wasn't a situation where they were hiding mass graves or anything like that.

Also I would imagine that if you lock down early enough you'd catch it before it spreads from the mobile and healthier population segments to the older ones.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Chamale posted:

new zealand would've had ~32 deaths over the september–september period with that fatality rate. you can't really extrapolate from 'let it rip' countries because a different cohort of people is more likely to be exposed, hospitals can treat patients properly because they aren't being overwhelmed, etc.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

https://www.bbc.co.uk/helpandfeedback/corrections_clarifications/

:thunk:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

exmarx posted:

new zealand would've had ~32 deaths over the september–september period with that fatality rate. you can't really extrapolate from 'let it rip' countries because a different cohort of people is more likely to be exposed, hospitals can treat patients properly because they aren't being overwhelmed, etc.

Additionally, I think China counts asymptomatic cases. I just really know the US and HK way of handling things in 2021 and both really only offered tests for symptomatic people.

Of course during a lockdown like now that matters because even asymptomatic people have to be quarantined, which obviously feels bad.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Flavahbeast posted:

What did he do to piss off all of parliament and all of the supreme court? I know he said it was a western plot against him but unanimous agreement in the other branches seems like a big lift even for the cia

edit: actually "unanimous" is wrong, the vote was 174 to 0 but the full parliament is larger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWfXs6HQo3I

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

C-SPAM › [Eurasia] I was in the foothills of the Himalayas with Xi Jinping

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

C-SPAM › [Eurasia] I was in the foothills of the Himalayas with Xi Jinping

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Foothill of Himalaya is where Chinese and Indian soldiers beat each other with cricket bats and guandaos.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/girlnamedfudger/status/1512889864475353093?s=21

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So about this Pelosi/taiwan/Covid news, I think it's a conspiracy. I drew this conclusion after listening to a bunch of mainland and Taiwan politically chitchat.

I am not going to throw in all the links and evidences cause I am just phone posting in my bed. Here are the essential:

Pelosi visiting Taiwan news was leaked by a Japanese website, not any US major media

China immidiately response from different departments, including the highest foreign service official WangYi. So IMO this trip was supposed to be a secret trip and would only announce after Pelosi landed. This was supposed to be part of her "retirement world tour". I wouldn't be surprised if China leaked it to Japan.

As for China's response to Congress majority leader visiting Taiwan for the first time since the 90s(?), I have heard 2 serious response scenarios 1, shot something over Taiwan where Taiwan can't intercept like a missile. 2, group of PLA airplanes will fly Pelosi's plane into Taiwan air to "protect" her. This would be seriously slap on the face to the Americans, which is similar to the potential plan that forced Kelly Craft cancelled her visit in 19, allegicly.

As for the Covid positive test to cancel Pelosi's trip. I originally thought the "doves" inside the US deep state fake the Covid test to cancel Pelosi's trip. Now I lean on possibility that Pelosi did it herself because she knew she couldn't possibly go to Taiwan without the secret surprise element. If she go to Japan and not Taiwan, the world would say she chicken out after China threaten her. She needed an excuse to not go.

I have a few things to support my conspiracy,
1, Tsai Eng-wen had to go on Covid quarantine the same day Pelosi got tested positive! This is basically DPP way of saying please don't come, I am not going to meet you anyway. Don't come and give us military trouble...

2, again, no news of Pelosi visiting Taiwan, nor even Pelosi test positive on any US major media. Not only that, news of Pelosi angry at AOC something something Queen's bee came out at the same time. IMO this tabloid news item aimed to muddle the water.

I hope somebody from the US state dept leak more detail of this drama down the road , because its very funny. Both sides showed a lot of trump cards and "guard rails" in this non-event.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 11:13 on Apr 10, 2022

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
in the foothills of the Himalayas with my man Xi Jinping
discussing everything, from nukes to the renminbi

I say Xi, what’s with Putin, man that poo poo is blyat
Xi replies, honestly, I’d like to see him as Peking duck

:imunfunny:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/LiuXininBeijing/status/1513146157932851200?s=20&t=HcDiPvvw8XTNNbocvpo7Yw

If anybody has the Alibaba link I'd appreciate it thanks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sad jiang zemin portrait out in the back, collecting dust

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

mom, I want a lenticular portrait of New China's greatest leaders!

"We have a lenticular portrait of New China's greatest leaders at home"

lenticular portrait of New China's greatest leaders:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

So about this Pelosi/taiwan/Covid news, I think it's a conspiracy. I drew this conclusion after listening to a bunch of mainland and Taiwan politically chitchat.
Yeah lol, that Russian crank I just posted also claimed that the covid positive test was just cover for a cancellation.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i want one drat

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

THS2 posted:

i want one drat

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ChicagoCouncil/status/1511894783136092166?s=20&t=VXi_1BG7UwoovXiPn-sz9w

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ellymelly/status/1512312353471168515

hmm I wonder why this person is so mad about this. I can't really imagine, since it's a pretty impressive bit of solar eng-

https://twitter.com/ScienceIsNew/status/1501203208244547589

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Sickening images! Nature is supposed to look like this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
Honestly it is depressing but that dumb bitch isn't an ecostalinist either so gently caress her lovely take

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

hmm I wonder why this person is so mad about this. I can't really imagine, since it's a pretty impressive bit of solar eng-

australian, coal enthusiast, musk fan, anti-vax, retvrn/anti modern architecture/art. i mean im sure shes a sinophobe too but

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1512978827487715332

:nms: animal cruelty:

https://twitter.com/Klaus_Arminius/status/1513200752205963264

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Xi hasn’t even done a Straits Crisis yet, he’s objectively been less of a warhawk towards Taiwan than even the likes of Jiang Zemin

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This seems like a weird thing to post itt.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

Xi hasn’t even done a Straits Crisis yet, he’s objectively been less of a warhawk towards Taiwan than even the likes of Jiang Zemin

we'll probably get a china-taiwan war instead

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This seems like a weird thing to post itt.

R. Guyovich posted:

obviously it's bad to beat a dog to death with a stick. extremely hosed up just like it was last year. we're talking about three incidents in a country of over a billion people though. shanghai doesn't have a dog murdering policy last i checked

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

owning someone by posting animal abuse videos ftw

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this sucks but don’t post embedded videos of dead or dying animals you sadist freak. seriously go gently caress yourself I hope you get shoved into a loving bag

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

AnimeIsTrash posted:

owning someone by posting animal abuse videos ftw

better than excusing animal abuse imo

indigi posted:

this sucks but don’t post embedded videos of dead or dying animals you sadist freak. seriously go gently caress yourself I hope you get shoved into a loving bag

its not embedded with :nms: tag which is better warning than most of the videos of dead soldats posted in the ukraine thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thanks for sharing your spankbank material but what's the point again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't think that anyone itt was excusing animal abuse.