Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Jon Moxley, AEW Rampage, 08/04

What the gently caress was this match? :psyduck:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent Baretta, AEW Rampage, 08/04

Nth

Mox/Yuta best Rampage match ever? Best Rampage match ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Dragon Kid & Kzy vs. K-ness & Susumu Yokosuka, The Gate of Passion 4/7

I've never seen a match before where everyone worked it while crying. Easily one of the most emotional matches you'll ever see.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent? - AEW Rampage 4/8

Great match, just what I'd expect from Danielson, with Trent? doing a great job being Mean Greg.

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta - AEW Rampage 4/8

Absolutely loving fantastic, star-making performance. Yuta absolutely overdelivered beyond all expectations, and the expectations were sky-high! Moxley was the perfect opponent for this, but this was the Wheeler Yuta show and seeing the crowd go BANANA for him was perfection.

Hell ya, complete Nth for this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
26th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 14
Shingo Takagi vs Zack Sabre Jr

MOTYC
26th March
NJPW New Japan Cup Night 14
Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A couple HMs from NJPW Strong that aired on Feb. 5.

Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs vs. Lio Rush & Rocky Romero
Clark Connors vs. TJP

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

HM: SHO vs. El Desperado, NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

Despy is crazy, I love him

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Hyper Battle 4/9

Absolutely loving incredible. Zack Sabre Jr. is astonishing. Okada is a God. The finishing sequence was one of the most incredible things I've seen. Amazing match.

Nth on these. I will hopefully go back and catch up on the rest of the worthwhile matches later but I wanted to watch these before I got spoiled.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Hyper Battle 4/9

Absolutely loving incredible. Zack Sabre Jr. is astonishing. Okada is a God. The finishing sequence was one of the most incredible things I've seen. Amazing match.

Nthing this. Loved it, although I did miss Okada busting out the wacky lucha submissions from their match a few years ago.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM
DDT “APRIL FOOL 22”, 10/04/2022
Tetsuya Endo 10th Anniversary Match: Tetsuya Endo, Jun Akiyama & Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Konosuke Takeshita, HARASHIMA & Antonio Honda

I love DDT for making a match with this much weight (Endo's 10th Anniversary, Takeshita's last Japanese match for awhile) and with this much legit talent working their assess off (the work rate is amazing) into the Antonio Honda show.

A real CMOTYC

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Real Overture April 9th
HM
Kenoh vs Takashi Sugiura
- Yeah, these guys don't have bad matches with each other. I just wish it had some sort of stakes outside of just being a preview match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Hyper Battle April 9th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
- The best technical wrestler in the world faces down God. Big match New Japan, there's nothing else quite like it, by the end the crowd got loud as hell considering the circumstances

HM
United Empire (Aaron Henare and Will Ospreay) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito and Shingo Takagi)
- These guys have great chemistry, and Henare really laid his shots in

Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan) - IWGP Tag Team Championships
- Crowd forgot they weren't supposed to cheer, started off slow but was awesome by the end

El Desperado (c) vs SHO - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
- This was really good, hovered around MOTYC level until SHO started resorting to low blows near the end but still had some fantastic moments

Yeah agreed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM: Eddie Kingston and Fred Rosser vs Daniel Garcia and Fred Yehi, New Japan Strong, April 9 2022.

This is a passable tag match with an absolutely world class brawl attached. The Freds are pretty good, but the important part is that about every 90 seconds in this match Eddie or Daniel would just lay into the other in an incredibly enjoyable brawl. Joyful murder taking place on sight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

HM: Eddie Kingston and Fred Rosser vs Daniel Garcia and Fred Yehi, New Japan Strong, April 9 2022.

This is a passable tag match with an absolutely world class brawl attached. The Freds are pretty good, but the important part is that about every 90 seconds in this match Eddie or Daniel would just lay into the other in an incredibly enjoyable brawl. Joyful murder taking place on sight.

ON SIGHT! :mad:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lamuella posted:

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Inspiration April 10th
HM
Marika Kobashi and Abdullah Kobayashi vs SAKI and Antonio Honda
- Maybe it was luck that the hardcam operator was directly next to the giggliest audience member, but I found this match very fun

Rika Tatsumi vs Suzume
- Rika gave her a lot here. Hopefully this plus the tag title effort means big things are in store for the Bee

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT King of Street Wrestling Round 1 April 10th
HM
Shunma Katsumata vs Suzu Suzuki
- These two are a menace, interrupting regular peoples days by rampaging through the park

Chris Brookes vs Onryo
- The most smoke and mirrors of the four matches makes the most fun, Chris is such a great straight man to Onryo and Ram Kaicho

The whole show was a bunch of fun, but certainly get the feeling DDT are waiting to flex their full Rojo chops for the semis and finals

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Cry Baby April 9th
HM
Mizuki Watase vs Ken Ohka
- This was way more intense than I was expecting from an Ohka match, he and Watase really brought it here

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MLW did some good lucha things with these HMs.

Aramis, Black Destiny & Myzteziz Jr. vs. Arez, Dinamico & Skalibur, Azteca 1/6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mODlwWf6XSQ opening match
Arez vs. Extreme Tiger, Azteca 1/27 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_YEXGVKZc opening match
Aramis vs. El Hijo del Vikingo, Azteca 1/27 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_YEXGVKZc&t=921s - should jump directly there, but if the timestamp doesn't work, go to 15:21

The ones involving Aramis were the best. You might need to take quick looks at who's who in the first match - somehow, their production decided they didn't need to identify anyone other than Arez & Myzteziz until well into the match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 1 April 9th
MOTYC
Shuji Ishikawa vs Shigehiro Irie
- Absolutely loved this, it's a hoss battle while also david vs goliath because Irie is half Shuji's size but has beef and heart to make up for it. Shuji continues to put out bangers at the end of his career and it's great to see

Kento Miyahara vs Kuma Arashi
- Kento is so good he made me believe that the Triple Crown Champion was going to lose Opening night to a tag guy, and Kuma fulfilled his end of the bargain by showing more energy than I think I've ever seen from him

HM
Takuya Nomura vs Yoshitatsu
- This was very good, Nomura is a beast and Yoshitatsu played a great foil. YT winning a strike exchange made me angrier than it should have

Ryuki Honda vs T-Hawk
- Ryuki Honda is going to win this tournament and I am here for it, the kid is going big places fast. T-Hawk is T-Hawk, he's been real good for a long time now

Jake Lee vs Shotaro Ashino
- I was very ready to hate this like I did with their match last CC, but Ashino faked me out with the closest nearfall this side of Okada to continue the match, the finishing sequence in particular was excellent

Suwama vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Main event Yuma, hell yeah. First half of this was sluggish and Suwama seemed real washed but they kicked it into second gear for the rest of the match and it was great

Great opening night, All Japan feels like they're in a really great place with the talent they have and are willing to bring in

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 10, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- Absolutely loved this, it's a hoss battle while also david vs goliath because Irie is half Shuji's size but has beef and heart to make up for it. Shuji continues to put out bangers at the end of his career and it's great to see

- Kento is so good he made me believe that the Triple Crown Champion was going to lose Opening night to a tag guy, and Kuma fulfilled his end of the bargain by showing more energy than I think I've ever seen from him

HM
- This was very good, Nomura is a beast and Yoshitatsu played a great foil. YT winning a strike exchange made me angrier than it should have

Ryuki Honda vs T-Hawk
- Ryuki Honda is going to win this tournament and I am here for it, the kid is going big places fast. T-Hawk is T-Hawk, he's been real good for a long time now

- I was very ready to hate this like I did with their match last CC, but Ashino faked me out with the closest nearfall this side of Okada to continue the match, the finishing sequence in particular was excellent

Suwama vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Main event Yuma, hell yeah. First half of this was sluggish and Suwama seemed real washed but they kicked it into second gear for the rest of the match and it was great

Great opening night, All Japan feels like they're in a really great place with the talent they have and are willing to bring in

2nd. AJPW is back

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd March
Marvelous In Shin-Kiba
Chikayo Nagashima & Maria vs ASUKA & Takumi Iroha

Not enough ASUKA in the match but that does mean a whole lot of this is Maria vs Iroha which is very good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 2 April 10th
HM
Shuji Ishikawa vs T-Hawk
- Ishikawa really is king of the Giants, he knows exactly the right moments to sell and when to hoss straight through you

Takuya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Hell yeah, what a slugfest

Suwama vs Kento Miyahara
- What a day when a Kento match is the weakest. A lot of it was great because both these guys are extrememly talented, but I definitely felt it drag in places

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Ryuki Honda vs T-Hawk

Suwama vs Yuma Aoyagi

2nd all of these plus
HM
From the same show

Best Yoshitatsu match I've seen since Jun Kasai kept hitting him with a ladder, which was over a year ago

Treat yourself, watch it: https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456248317 and then when you like it sub to AJPW.TV & watch the rest with us

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 11, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
11th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 3
Shotaro Ashino vs T-Hawk

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th April
Suwama vs Takuya Nomura

HM
11th April
Jake Lee vs Shuji Ishikawa

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 3 April 11th
MOTYC
Takuya Nomura vs Suwama
- loving rad, Nomura looked like a child against Suwama's might but that didn't stop him from fighting real hard and throwing everything he had

Shuji Ishikawa vs Jake Lee
- Fantastic stuff, I thought Jake might have still been a bit injured since his night 1 match was quite short but this was everything I wanted out of a main event

HM
Shotaro Ashino vs T-Hawk
- Another excellent T-Hawk match this tournament, thought this was a step behind his match with Ishikawa from yesterday but still well worth the time. He and Ashino worked great together and the ending was magnificent

Watch All Japan, pretty much every block match so far this year has been well worth the time

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
NJPW Strong 4/10
HM: Josh Alexander vs Karl Fredericks
HM: Eddie Kingston & Fred Rosser vs Daniel Garcia & Fred Yehi
HM: Jay White vs Chris Sabin

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Speedball Mike Bailey vs Davey Richards - Wrestlecon USA vs The World 4/2
HM: The WorkHorsemen vs Bandido & Extreme Tiger - Wrestlecon USA vs The World 4/2
HM: Calvin Tankman & Big Damo - Wrestlecon USA vs The World 4/2

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WMOTYC: Charlotte Flair vs. Naomi, Smackdown 1/7 - just a real mess.

HM: Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins, Raw 3/14

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
30th March
BJW In Korakuen
BJW Tag Team Titles
Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani) vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)

Thought this was great, right on the border of HM & MOTYC. Two great teams just going at it, like wrestling should be.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
30th March
BJW In Korakuen
BJW Strong World Heavyweight Title
Yuji Okabayashi vs Yasufumi Nakanoue

This is loving great

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Trying this again without prematurely posting

HM
10th March
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 2
B Block
Shuji Ishikawa vs T-Hawk

The crowd were really into this. Shuji's selling for a big guy is basically perfect and makes T-Hawk doing a vertical suplex & a Splash Mountain look super strong & powerful. I'd have said they beat the hell out of each other but then I watched the next match...

MOTYC
10th March
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 2
A Block
Takuya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi

Over the first 3 nights of the Carnival this is my #1 match. This is a violent sprint where Nomura just slapped the life out of Yuma & Aoyagi gave back as much as he can, including some spanking. Nothing dragged. Just edge of the seat stuff, I beseech you to watch this if you've even a passing interest in violence.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 12, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 2 April 10th
HM
Suwama vs Kento Miyahara
- What a day when a Kento match is the weakest. A lot of it was great because both these guys are extrememly talented, but I definitely felt it drag in places

2nd this, can't add much to thies

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
20th March
Ice Ribbon #1187
Hamuko Hoshi & Makoto vs Muscle Venus (Hikaru Shida & Tsukasa Fujimoto)

Watch this. I'll like it when I'm at a PC and can time stamp it easily but this is loving fantastic. First time tagging together since 2014, Muscle Venus broke into wrestling together after training with Emi Sakura for a wrestling TV show they were to be a part of.

So you have 2 of the standouts of the joshi scene of the past decade against 2 wrestlers who are very good in their own right (& also Sakura trainees going way back). We get a lot of their signatures double teams & stuff but it's not just a nostalgia trip. Shida has fun doing some heeling, refusing handshakes & dastardly unsporting behaviour and that's fun but also just great emotional wrestling.

Ice Ribbon needed this, a lot.

HM
20th March
Ice Ribbon #1187
ICE×∞ Title
Tsukushi Haruka vs SAKI

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Bryan Danielson vs Trent Beretta
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Wheeler Yuta

All from AEW Rampage 08.04.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins vs. Big E, WWE Day 1, Jan. 1
HM: Angel & Humberto vs. Big E & Kofi Kingston, Smackdown Feb 4
HM: Naomi vs. Charlotte Flair, Smackdown Feb 11

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20th March
Ice Ribbon #1187
Hamuko Hoshi & Makoto vs Muscle Venus (Hikaru Shida & Tsukasa Fujimoto)

Watch this. I'll like it when I'm at a PC and can time stamp it easily but this is loving fantastic. First time tagging together since 2014, Muscle Venus broke into wrestling together after training with Emi Sakura for a wrestling TV show they were to be a part of.

So you have 2 of the standouts of the joshi scene of the past decade against 2 wrestlers who are very good in their own right (& also Sakura trainees going way back). We get a lot of their signatures double teams & stuff but it's not just a nostalgia trip. Shida has fun doing some heeling, refusing handshakes & dastardly unsporting behaviour and that's fun but also just great emotional wrestling.

Ice Ribbon needed this, a lot.

HM
20th March
Ice Ribbon #1187
ICE×∞ Title
Tsukushi Haruka vs SAKI

Link to video with timestamp for the tag match: https://vk.com/video-4499945_456248327?t=1h29m20s

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Mandy Rose vs Dakota Kai, NXT 4/12/22.

This match had an incredibly awkward pace, Mandy was wrestling like she was in molasses, and the finish was loving stupid as the ref saw Dakota very blatantly take a belt shot to the face from Mandy but counted the pin anyways.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 4
A Block
Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino

MOTYC
13th April
B Block
Jake Lee vs Shigehiro Irie

MOTYC
13th April
B Block
Kento Miyahara vs Takuya Nomura

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 4 April 13th
MOTYC
Jake Lee vs Shigehiro Irie
- Give Irie all the belts, he's the king of the indies for a reason

Kento Miyahara vs Takuya Nomura
- Crowd seemed very loud for this one, which makes sense because both these guys rule. Thank you All Japan for giving me 4 Nomura matches in a week

HM
Shotaro Ashino vs Ryuki Honda
- Some great action here, but didn't quite reach the level of their awesome last man standing match last month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
27th March
Ice Ribbon #1189
Kaho Matsushita vs Tsukasa Fujimoto

HM
27th March
Ice Ribbon #1189
International Ribbon Tag Team Titles
Hamuko Hoshi & Ibuki Hoshi vs galaxyPUNCH! (Hikari Shimizu & SAKI)

HM
27th March
Ice Ribbon #1189
ICE X INFINITY Title
Tsukushi Haruka vs Totoro Satsuki