Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Thorsby has some pretty 00's Internet nerd feelings about religion, so brace for that here. It's not completely awful, but still a bit tiresome.

Thorsbys feelings feel pretty well established in scandinavia and this 00 internet nerd stuff is more an american phenomenon IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha dubblebaby is great (same as the "no." comics above)

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

His Divine Shadow posted:

Thorsbys feelings feel pretty well established in scandinavia and this 00 internet nerd stuff is more an american phenomenon IMO.
I live in Scandinavia and it still feels a bit like the opinions me and my friends had when we were teenagers. "Religion is bad and is holding society back", with no nuance

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I know a few people who are held back by religion, and man do they need holding back, jesus christ

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Karate Bastard posted:

I know a few people who are held back by religion, and man do they need holding back, jesus christ

I've also known a few who pretended to be held back.

"If not for JESUS I'd be stealing and raping and killing left and right - "

(Dude, you were "saved" like last month, I don't recall you doing any of that before then...)

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Honestly I find people on the internet being making a big show of how they’re definitely not atheist, not like those horrible redditors, to be way more tiresome.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There's some really great religious people I know, that use it as jumping off point for charity and good works and all that my lazy rear end is too cynical to do. So good for them.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no. bad for them. they're only doing it to get into heaven!!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We've all been annoying teenagers once, eventually you get old enough to realise that life is tough on everyone and just accept people who found something that works for them.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Snake Maze posted:

Honestly I find people on the internet being making a big show of how they’re definitely not atheist, not like those horrible redditors, to be way more tiresome.

cool, enjoy le epic flying spaghetti monster I guess

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If you're a Pastafarian, do you have different colanders for every situation?

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
As a queer person who knows several other queer people who have had a hard time because of religious family members, I think I am entitled to my misgivings of religion; and anyone who ascribes that to Internet edgelordiness can go gently caress themselves.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

the holy poopacy posted:

cool, enjoy le epic flying spaghetti monster I guess

Like this, yeah, thanks for illustrating. This sort of preemptive gesturing at decade-old memes is way more common and tiresome than any sincere atheist sentiment you’ll find on these forums.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
it's not exactly "preemptive gesturing" to invoke atheist memes at the atheist meme defender

TBC has some really embarrassing takes on religion and it's a noticeable flaw on an otherwise clever work, it's fair game to talk about this in the comics thread

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

40. All the friendly people

41. I really like you

42. Seven total

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I wouldn't say that TBC is too harsh on the very concept of religion, there are plenty of coocoo insane cults looking to recruit a doofus like Ulf IRL.
Every reasonable person religious or otherwise would agree that it should be a matter of personal choice and introspection.
Ulf just tried to get laid.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Groke posted:

I've also known a few who pretended to be held back.

"If not for JESUS I'd be stealing and raping and killing left and right - "

(Dude, you were "saved" like last month, I don't recall you doing any of that before then...)

Yes. Dipshits. I'm so happy my buddy Jesus is saving us from their dipshittery. Like so much dipshittery you have no idea

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Every panel a painting but every one of those panels, lol that poo poo is hilarious

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Vagabong posted:

This video contains important and relevent SSSS lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk&t=1s

lol

Stand Still. Stay Silent

CATTANK

Damnit Emil

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Better a cat tank than a tankette.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The best part about TESB is that it's just filled with excellent faces :allears:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

e-dt posted:

Guest Strip by Jesse Reklaw of Slow Wave.

Being buried in a glorious pimp suit is an amazing concept for my bucket list.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Being buried in a glorious pimp suit is an amazing concept for my bucket list.
Seems that would naturally be the last item on there.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

End of Chapter 6

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You get to see it even more in the anime but Kage(Shadow) fits perfectly to his role as audience surrogate who calls everyone on their bullshit.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Karate Bastard posted:

Yes. Dipshits. I'm so happy my buddy Jesus is saving us from their dipshittery. Like so much dipshittery you have no idea

Oh I've found dipshits in and out of religion, there's no limit to what people can be dipshits about.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You haven't lived until you met an unabashed console/gaming warrior.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Shaking lemur butt posted:

As a queer person who knows several other queer people who have had a hard time because of religious family members, I think I am entitled to my misgivings of religion; and anyone who ascribes that to Internet edgelordiness can go gently caress themselves.

And yes, hard agree on this one. There's so many assholes attributing their assholery to religion that I find ascribing to religion unjustifiable. I can't even claim to be atheist these days for all the dipshit assholes claiming to be atheist. We're a species of jerks, and while I can't disown my species I sure as gently caress can disown collectivism and tribalism.

Oh gently caress this is the comics thread isn't it. Err... Lemme find a comic

E: there

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Apr 10, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I've been scrolling thru the SSSS stuff and only recently been reading them. What's wrong with these kids? They don't understand bruises?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Shageletic posted:

I've been scrolling thru the SSSS stuff and only recently been reading them. What's wrong with these kids? They don't understand bruises?

Emil is a rich, spoiled failson who's essentially never experienced any hardship and a lot of the early comic relief comes from having normal things happen to him and then he blows them out of proportion.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Religion sucks but most of the stuff you are mad about would still happen even if religion didn't exist because for conservatives religion is less of a real ideology and more a system of rationalizations for reactionary things they'd believe anyways. For example, look at how conservatives shifted their anti-gay rhetoric from "jesus hates this" arguments to "they are doing child grooming" over the years since most people don't care what God thinks on the matter anymore. The actual text of their chosen holy book never really mattered all that much (and was in many ways written directly in opposition to people like them, which is hilarious).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
TBC is fun but feels like there's a shoe waiting to drop.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It gets wilder and weirder, I can tell you that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 2: Silver Tongue
Chapter 15: Eye For An Eye

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

TBC is fun but feels like there's a shoe waiting to drop.

Think of how much of HfD was setup for the final arc. It may take a while but I trust that Thorsby will deliver.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The pokemon lady really needs to start wearing some sort of body armor. This keeps happening to her

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snake Maze posted:

Like this, yeah, thanks for illustrating. This sort of preemptive gesturing at decade-old memes is way more common and tiresome than any sincere atheist sentiment you’ll find on these forums.

Oh noooo won't someone please think of the poor marginalized atheists, tired of being attacked for their beliefs(?)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think religionchat is over

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If you can fight your dad you can fight god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Philippe posted:

I think religionchat is over