Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Amazing

Like this also seems very good as a card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

One U for that effect is pretty good. I’ve had my commander turned into a deer and insect enough times to know .

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

sit on my Facebook posted:

Who else is in Dallas? I'm ready to 0-3 drop this main event!

I actually did this

Didn't have one good game all day, inserted face directly into toilet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I actually did this

Didn't have one good game all day, inserted face directly into toilet

drat that’s rough. What deck were you playing?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The flavor on this is 10/10 perfect

What a great set.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

no loving way

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Can someone show me the card that changes all basic lands to a different type of land? I'm completely blanking on the name and Google isn't helping.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Arzaac posted:

Can someone show me the card that changes all basic lands to a different type of land? I'm completely blanking on the name and Google isn't helping.

Illusionary Terrain.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Pablo Nergigante posted:

drat that’s rough. What deck were you playing?

Mono white hammer. Faced a sea of Chalices and Ancient Grudges and Forces of Vigor. That's Modern I suppose

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mono white hammer. Faced a sea of Chalices and Ancient Grudges and Forces of Vigor. That's Modern I suppose

What was the meta like?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah absolutely everyone is packing hate for hammer, one of the big targets for the format currently

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

you got what you deserved :catbert:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hammer players in that awkward spot where the sideboards are still full of hate for them but they're not the best deck anymore.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah hammer’s in a bit of a tough spot post Lurrus now. Hope you had fun at least! At Philly 3 of my 4 losses were hammer time lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just popped into ANSI’s Dallas stream and there’s a murktide deck that just went 9-1 playing Seasoned Pyromancer :popeye:

EDIT: Oh it’s Jason Chan/Amaz lol

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 10, 2022

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RikipediaGO/status/1512967904135815173

This is huge. Almost all of the DQs I submitted in my decade-plus as a judge were for improperly determining a winner. I always thought it was way overboard to remove people from the entire tournament for doing something they probably didn't know was illegal; most dice roll offers were because the match was going to be a draw after time+5 turns and the players thought the "fair" way was to roll to see who got the win. But I was told that the DQ policy was in place to help prove that Magic games were determined by skill, so they didn't run afoul of state gambling laws.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm just the slightest bit mad and amused that they thought it would be busted for Gala Greeters to create an untapped Treasure token lmao

edit: Legitimate Businessperson lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If you only have one Amulet in play and no other mana, what do you guys get with your attack trigger on your PrimeTime assuming already have the RW Bounce Land and Haste land in play already, and when do you get it?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

If you only have one Amulet in play and no other mana, what do you guys get with your attack trigger on your PrimeTime assuming already have the RW Bounce Land and Haste land in play already, and when do you get it?

Nothing, they usually scoop.
(Twest and another bounce land? So you can transmute for pact for dryad? It depends on your mountain count because obviously there's also just getting two valakuts)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Nothing, they usually scoop.
(Twest and another bounce land? So you can transmute for pact for dryad? It depends on your mountain count because obviously there's also just getting two valakuts)

Ya, I normally just get Twest and something to pick it up if I’m not Valakuting. I only ask because another Titan player I saw yesterday routinely just got the double strike land even if he couldn’t activate it because he didn’t want to naturally draw it.

I didn’t get a chance to try it but it’s cool you can also pick up a Boseiju to have interaction.

fadam fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 10, 2022

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
My preview is live, take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOHJ1V_yhqM

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Looks sick for draft.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I need this to be good.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

How often are cards that make token creatures instants?

Also some amazing flavour on these recently spoiled cards. I hope there is a legitimate businessperson token.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dysgenesis posted:

How often are cards that make token creatures instants?

Also some amazing flavour on these recently spoiled cards. I hope there is a legitimate businessperson token.
All the time

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Creature tokens usually just get an informal name that's their types put together, unless they're legendary.

But there's exceptions: https://scryfall.com/card/cm2/115/rite-of-the-raging-storm?utm_source=mw_MTGWiki

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 10, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This set does feel like they have a bunch of "count stuff on the board or graveyard" huh.

I guess I'm glad I play on Arena where the computer can handle all this for me lol

Oh how do they do all these double-faced cards in paper these days, I remember back in the original Innistrad they had those checklist cards but now where even playing a land is double-sided it seems that would be real clunky

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This set does feel like they have a bunch of "count stuff on the board or graveyard" huh.

I guess I'm glad I play on Arena where the computer can handle all this for me lol

Oh how do they do all these double-faced cards in paper these days, I remember back in the original Innistrad they had those checklist cards but now where even playing a land is double-sided it seems that would be real clunky

Depending on the level to which you want to be sure you won't run a foul of the rules, it's either extremely opaque sleeves or rigorous use of the checklist cards

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Turn Gideon into a creature with his loyalty ability

Cast Exotic Pets

One of your fish now has a loyalty counter

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Do effects like witness protection turn dryad arbor into not a land?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah. It also makes artifact creatures stop being artifacts.

An effect like that would need to include the wording "in addition to its other types" in order for Dryad Arbor to still be a land.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

A big flaming stink posted:

Do effects like witness protection turn dryad arbor into not a land?

You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to think about layers?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It'd still be a forest because the card doesn't say anything about land types, but it wouldn't have tap for green because it loses abilities.

read the wrong part, I think that's wrong

quote:

If an object’s card type is removed, the subtypes correlated with that card type will remain if they are also the subtypes of a card type the object currently has; otherwise, they are also removed for the entire time the object’s card type is removed. Removing an object’s subtype doesn’t affect its card types at all.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 10, 2022

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
re: Wittness Protection

I like that the cards rules are its own flavortext, 10/10 design and development

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

nice video and cool preview card, thx :)

so for each kind of counter on other permanents you control, you choose one of the tokens that gets that kind of counter? So they can't both get the same kind of counter (e.g. +1/+1 counters. I want to know if I can potentially have two instant speed 2/2s for 3 mana)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Now I have to kill a creature by casting Witness Protection on two Legends.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Ya, I normally just get Twest and something to pick it up if I’m not Valakuting. I only ask because another Titan player I saw yesterday routinely just got the double strike land even if he couldn’t activate it because he didn’t want to naturally draw it.

I didn’t get a chance to try it but it’s cool you can also pick up a Boseiju to have interaction.

Right: Titan is a toolbox deck, so your question is hard to answer. You're played titan and opened the toolbox, what you take out of it is like 90% contextual.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hell yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Noticing that shaneb didnt post the dive downs preview card, we've been abandoned folks 😞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Exotic Pets is such a fun and weird card.