Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I feel weird for preferring the first phase's theme to the second. First phase's theme just felt like Soken was showing off in the best possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I prefer second phase because I went in expecting the music to segue into an orchestral version of the Endwalker theme after the guitar opener but then Soken slammed me across the back with a trumpet rendition of Maker's Ruin.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I remember literally nothing about the final boss fight; I was out of my head with a migraine (no sleep + leraika is bitching about the strobing in dead ends again) and the only thing that sticks in my mind is going 'ohhh that's cool, they have a mechanic that calls the primals that helped us here to do something' because I'd never seen a level 90 summoner before and our group had like four of them.

also I kept having to be scraped up off the floor

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Leraika posted:

I remember literally nothing about the final boss fight; I was out of my head with a migraine (no sleep + leraika is bitching about the strobing in dead ends again) and the only thing that sticks in my mind is going 'ohhh that's cool, they have a mechanic that calls the primals that helped us here to do something' because I'd never seen a level 90 summoner before and our group had like four of them.

also I kept having to be scraped up off the floor

I had a PLD who struggled through the first phase, found out it wasn't their first time because they commented on how the 2nd track slaps hard. And then proceeded to somehow get 7 vuln stacks before he was mercifully killed.

Honestly wishing my character had given into despair at that moment so I could've turned into a monster and killed him myself.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Leraika posted:

the only thing that sticks in my mind is going 'ohhh that's cool, they have a mechanic that calls the primals that helped us here to do something' because I'd never seen a level 90 summoner before and our group had like four of them.

I had a similar thought the second time I did it, when I was helping some friends. I just blurted out what the gently caress is Ifrit doing here? I didn't see him last time...

Oh yeah... Summoners.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Anybody happen to remember how many wolf marks the GARO weapons cost last time? If you farmed it all out years ago you should be able to knock out several titles fast, like sam and dancer, with just a weapon purchase. Gunbreaker (and reaper I think?) will need to buy entire sets though since they can't use any of the existing gear.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Fiye posted:

I had a PLD who struggled through the first phase, found out it wasn't their first time because they commented on how the 2nd track slaps hard. And then proceeded to somehow get 7 vuln stacks before he was mercifully killed.

Honestly wishing my character had given into despair at that moment so I could've turned into a monster and killed him myself.

If you don't finish that fight with 8 vuln stacks you aren't trying.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Anybody happen to remember how many wolf marks the GARO weapons cost last time? If you farmed it all out years ago you should be able to knock out several titles fast, like sam and dancer, with just a weapon purchase. Gunbreaker (and reaper I think?) will need to buy entire sets though since they can't use any of the existing gear.
4,000 marks for Weapon, Chest, and Legs
2,000 marks for Head, Hands, and Feet
1,000 marks for Accessories (these did not count for the title)

So 18,000 marks for one complete set for an achievement, but not 18,000 x 19 for the complete set because there are reused pieces.

(This also doesn't factor if they've nerfed prices for the second pass, like they did when they added onto the Yo-kai Watch event.)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

18k really doesnt take long at all if you do it once a day

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
It's especially gonna be easy in the early days of Crystalline Conflict, when you don't have to deal with the unbalanced bullshit of Frontlines.

A bit of overkill, since all they needed to do to make PvP good was to give Rival Wings a daily challenge so people run it outside of moogle events, but hey, if it works.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I will absolutely get that GARO poo poo. I was a fool not to get it last time.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Is there a guide to the GARO outfits/titles somewhere? I wasn't here for the first run, and I should probably pre-plan which ones I want.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Is there a guide to the GARO outfits/titles somewhere? I wasn't here for the first run, and I should probably pre-plan which ones I want.
Sure, though it's not too complicated.

At the Wolves' Den Pier, there will be a Disreputable Priest standing around. She will sell GARO gear for Wolf Marks, which you get from just doing PVP stuff (not only winning, though you get more for winning), including a daily bonus for Frontlines roulette. Once you have a full left-side set of GARO gear for one job, wear it all and present yourself to the Priest for a GARO title for that job. (The titles are: Garo (PLD), Barago (WAR), Kiba (DRK), Dan (DRG), Zero (NIN), Makai Monk, Makai Bard, Makai Machinist, Makai Black Mage, Makai Summoner, Makai Scholar, Makai Astrologian, Makai White Mage, and Makai Master (have all the other titles). Once you've earned a title, you can also repurchase that set from the Calamity Salavager NPCs for gil. The Gold Saucer will be selling GARO gear as well, though last time it was its own versions that didn't interact with the event achievements (it was just so you could grab some cosmetics without PVP).

You then need to set your displayed title to one of the GARO titles and get a certain number of VICTORIES in PVP for the GARO mounts (they're all metallic winged horses). It was 10 Frontline wins for the silver, 30 Feast wins for the gold, and 60 combined Frontline/Feast wins for the gunmetal black. (They will very likely replace the Feast requirements with the new Crystalline Conflict mode.)

As of now (pre-6.1), the sets are (M/F if there's a split, as the images have them left to right):
Golden Wolf (PLD)

Undying Twilight (WAR)

Pressing Darkness (DRK)

White Night (DRG)

Silver Wolf (NIN)

Makai Mauler/Makai Manhandler (MNK)

Makai Marksman/Makai Markswoman (BRD, MCH)

Makai Priest/Makai Priestess (BLM, SMN)

Makai Sun Guide/Makai Moon Guide (SCH, AST, WHM)

I could not tell you at the moment if any of the new jobs will get new sets or if they'll just share the existing ones and only have new weapons.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wouldnt count on new weapons, really

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, the preliminary patch notes say:

Garo 6.1 posted:

Gunbreaker and reaper gear have been added.
Samurai, red mage, gunbreaker, dancer, reaper, and sage achievement titles have been added.
But I don't know if that's "only Gunbreaker and Reaper get any new cosmetics at all" or "Gunbreaker and Reaper get full unique sets, everyone else only gets a weapon."

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So, is there a good way to watch GARO so I can see what an adult-aimed tokusatsu looks like? I know the anime spinoffs are on Crunchyroll.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hogama posted:

But I don't know if that's "only Gunbreaker and Reaper get any new cosmetics at all" or "Gunbreaker and Reaper get full unique sets, everyone else only gets a weapon."

You would need a weapon to get the title since you have to have the full set equipped on that class to get them.

Cleretic posted:

So, is there a good way to watch GARO so I can see what an adult-aimed tokusatsu looks like? I know the anime spinoffs are on Crunchyroll.

Try the Toku thread in ADTRW for more details but I know Over-Time subbed one or two of the shows awhile back so you can hope on their discord to see if some people will help seed some torrents for batches.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My years of Spotify and YouTube searching have paid off, these Heardles are great

FFXIV Heardle #3

🔊🟩⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You would need a weapon to get the title since you have to have the full set equipped on that class to get them.
Just leaving it open to the possibility of the lowest effort needed and making the Samurai, Red Mage, Dancer, and Sage achievements only require the armor.

I think it's most likely everyone gets a weapon, though, and either Gunbreaker and Reaper get totally unique armor sets, or they get "generic" sets that can also be worn by future Fending and Maiming jobs, since there's not already one of either. (In that instance, presumably they'd make a generic Scouting set for a hypothetical third run, but it's not something they had to do at the moment.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Lilies were completely useless in SB. They didn't really affect the job's effectiveness.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason lilies exist is because Stormblood added a bunch of new UI elements for each job to keep track of their stuff, and it became apparent that WHM didn't have anything to make a meter out of so they had to improvise.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.
My favorite SB moment was in O4S p2 where there was a section where a massive amount of healing was required right after an aggro reset. So it wasn't uncommon for our WHM to steal aggro and subsequently eat the TB that was coming up. So it became a very useful spot for cover to be applied.

I kinda miss aggro management. I don't miss having to randomly elusive jump because my aggro was getting too high. I also don't miss randomly elusiving off the arena while trying to reset aggro.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hogama posted:

The tank gear was all unique to each tank since it gave different titles, even if WAR and DRK got identical armor sets. Likewise, at the time, DRG was the only maiming job so their set was also effectively unique.

I don't know anything about Garo outside of this event, but there's an English wiki that could point to some clues.

The blue one is Baron, which would be a cool title to have, and the red one is called Yaiba.

Hogama posted:

The Gold Saucer will be selling GARO gear as well, though last time it was its own versions that didn't interact with the event achievements (it was just so you could grab some cosmetics without PVP).

It should be noted that the sets from the Gold Saucer were undyeable.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 10, 2022

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Haurchefent/status/1513062049802190849?s=20&t=go7WnKbiKVrd30YF7cDgVg

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Journey through the Firmament continues in Heavensward LP!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
THE SUFFERING IS AT AN END

oh no there's more the suffering hasn't ended.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 10, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hogama posted:

Just leaving it open to the possibility of the lowest effort needed and making the Samurai, Red Mage, Dancer, and Sage achievements only require the armor.

I mean that doesn't really work because all those share gear with at least one other class. Having the whole armor set equipped for Samurai means you've got the whole thing with a monk weapon meaning you're unlocking the Monk title. They've got to at least get weapons.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you should be able to level FSH regardless of whatever your highest job is

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

THE SUFFERING IS AT AN END

oh no there's more the suffering hasn't ended.

I recommend looking up the requirements, so you can keep an eye out for every single rare fish at once.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Cleretic posted:

I recommend looking up the requirements, so you can keep an eye out for every single rare fish at once.

Way ahead of you, but christ. Double mooches? :negative:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was poking around Party Finder for P2S and saw some terms I didn't recognize on one guy's list:
uptime LC
o+
Is anyone able to translate? The guy also wants ilevel 599 with very specific jobs in each slot so they may not be useful acronyms to know.

Also, does there happen to be a general resource to look these terms up that isn't a 30 minute long rambling video where the guy doesn't actually talk about them? Sometimes stuff's obvious, other times a simple mechanic gets named "walter's cat strats" because some guy had a noisy cat on stream when he happened to use it.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

Bruceski posted:

I was poking around Party Finder for P2S and saw some terms I didn't recognize on one guy's list:
uptime LC
o+
Is anyone able to translate? The guy also wants ilevel 599 with very specific jobs in each slot so they may not be useful acronyms to know.

Uptime LC (limit cut) is a strat for Kampeos where melees can get uptime regardless of what mark they get, and I’m guessing o+ means orange parse or better required to join the party. You found a parse party!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Clarste posted:

I'm pretty sure that the only reason lilies exist is because Stormblood added a bunch of new UI elements for each job to keep track of their stuff, and it became apparent that WHM didn't have anything to make a meter out of so they had to improvise.

It has to be this. There was no thought in how the og lilies worked nor how you used them.

I’d put a few other jobs on that list, but they turned out mostly functional.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Be thankful you have stuff like Mooch II and Patience. Back in my day we had to catch these fish without GP skills, and go uphill to the fishing location...both ways!

But good work on the first three!

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Sultan Tarquin posted:

**Fishwheeling :colbert:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think that DRK isn't THAT bad, especially when played competently, but oh my god you do NOT want to see one in a post 70 leveling dungeon. Those fuckers will try to die in the space of a global cooldown. You will be chain-casting GCD heals and double weaving ogcds between and they won't use any defenseives and still die. Or, you'll just barely pull through, but then they'll charge into the next pack and you won't have any cooldowns left and they still won't use any of theirs and either blame you or be "drk is broken, this is just how they are deal with it"

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

So I've always known that the heal from Pneuma is super fast, but while going over some footage from E4S with a static member, we noticed that it's actually time traveling:

Yes, the heal actually happens before the cast bar is even done :aaaaa:
The same seems to be true for Succour shields as well. They used to be super slow to actually activate, but also get applied before the cast bar is even done now.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Pneuma is either super fast, super slow, or just doesn't happen at all. I hate it.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

A Moose posted:

I think that DRK isn't THAT bad, especially when played competently, but oh my god you do NOT want to see one in a post 70 leveling dungeon. Those fuckers will try to die in the space of a global cooldown. You will be chain-casting GCD heals and double weaving ogcds between and they won't use any defenseives and still die. Or, you'll just barely pull through, but then they'll charge into the next pack and you won't have any cooldowns left and they still won't use any of theirs and either blame you or be "drk is broken, this is just how they are deal with it"

??? drk gets their best tanking skill at 70, arguably they're way too squishy pre-70 and workable post-70

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Tamba posted:

So I've always known that the heal from Pneuma is super fast, but while going over some footage from E4S with a static member, we noticed that it's actually time traveling:

Yes, the heal actually happens before the cast bar is even done :aaaaa:
The same seems to be true for Succour shields as well. They used to be super slow to actually activate, but also get applied before the cast bar is even done now.

The server will process actions as soon as your slidecast window is up, but when they actually apply is kinda arbitrary

The thing that's very noticeable is status effect changes will get sent to your client at a completely different time than you expect and will often apply/disappear visually before you think they should relative to your actions

If you've ever spent any amount of time playing RDM its very noticeable with procs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Here's my hot take: while drk sustain is complete trash, they still aren't hard to heal and if you consistently find yourself having difficulties with dark knights, it may be time for some introspection on your own capabilities.