Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

aers posted:

The server will process actions as soon as your slidecast window is up, but when they actually apply is kinda arbitrary

It's strange that a near-instant application is being done for certain effects, but not others. SCH/SGE shields show up instantly post-Endwalker, and SGE has both E.Dosis and Pneuma show up almost as soon as the server will let it. I'm not sure why it isn't universal, aside from maybe bandwidth considerations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Way ahead of you, but christ. Double mooches? :negative:

Someone doing something I've already done where I get to enjoy their anguish and then eventual triumph! Is this how you guys feel all the time with me? :allears:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Bruceski posted:

I was poking around Party Finder for P2S and saw some terms I didn't recognize on one guy's list:
uptime LC
o+
Is anyone able to translate? The guy also wants ilevel 599 with very specific jobs in each slot so they may not be useful acronyms to know.

Also, does there happen to be a general resource to look these terms up that isn't a 30 minute long rambling video where the guy doesn't actually talk about them? Sometimes stuff's obvious, other times a simple mechanic gets named "walter's cat strats" because some guy had a noisy cat on stream when he happened to use it.
VgameT covered the other stuff but 0257 refers to buff timing. Kampeos ends at like 4:27 on the fight timer so most parties will unload at 4:30 with potions up. These parse parties want everyone to wait for 5:00 instead.

I don't think any of the usual sites/channels cover parse group strats so I usually have to search through The Balance's discord for them, or send a tell to the party finder lead and ask for a link.

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Also, does there happen to be a general resource to look these terms up that isn't a 30 minute long rambling video where the guy doesn't actually talk about them? Sometimes stuff's obvious, other times a simple mechanic gets named "walter's cat strats" because some guy had a noisy cat on stream when he happened to use it.

Aether has started to use https://www.thepfstrat.com/home

I have no idea how pf strats differ on Primal, but it could be useful just in case terms and strats happen to cross over between the data centers.

The site explains the strats for typical runs, so it probably won't be helpful for any weird terms for parse/opti parties, but if you're just looking for clears/practice that won't be an issue anyway.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

You can be the best healer in the world, but if they lose more hp in the cast time of benefic 2 plus Celestial Intersection than those skills restore, that trash pull is not going to end well. Idk if they're all standing in orange, or have level 1 glamour gear equipped or DRK is just that bad, but I've never had that much of a problem with any other tank. I also don't see a lot of living dead, so maybe its more that DRK players just don't use defensive cooldowns. I see the occasional TBN but maybe thats because it lets them do more damage. They're generally squishy enough that even if they pop TBN at full HP, I'd better start casting a benefic 2 because they'll be at 75% at best by the time the cast finishes

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vermain posted:

It's strange that a near-instant application is being done for certain effects, but not others. SCH/SGE shields show up instantly post-Endwalker, and SGE has both E.Dosis and Pneuma show up almost as soon as the server will let it. I'm not sure why it isn't universal, aside from maybe bandwidth considerations.

I think the idea is that if a spell takes 2.5 seconds to cast then naturally the effect should be applied after 2.5 seconds. Shields are a special exception post-EW to guarantee that if you weave Deployment Tactics immediately afterwards then the shields are properly up before the deploy, so they apply at the start of the slidecast window ie at the point when the game knows the cast will not be interrupted and cancelled.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Way ahead of you, but christ. Double mooches? :negative:

triple mooch

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey, anyone have that post with the locations of all the Scions after the end of 6.0? I wanna check in on everyone before the servers go down.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Arist posted:

Hey, anyone have that post with the locations of all the Scions after the end of 6.0? I wanna check in on everyone before the servers go down.

Y'shtola is with Matoya in her cave, I know that one!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 10, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh crap is 6.1 really dropping already...

I knew I was looking at memes about the patch notes earlier but I didn't really think about it

lmao i am gonna let the mameshiba earrings slip away one more time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
excited to thumb through all the new pvp abilities tomorrow at work

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Arist posted:

Right here.

Here be Endwalker spoilers!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

Alph and Ali are in the train station in Garlemald
Thancred and Urianger are in the Ragnarok hangar
Krile and G'raha are in the Beldesion Annex

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Estinien is in the Radz cafe.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Vermain posted:

And it's not just a Sage vs older classes thing.
Here's a cast of Prognosis

2 second cast time. After 1.5 seconds the cast is locked in.
Then half a second later, the healing just ripples out over a timeframe of up to 0.8 seconds after the end of the cast time.
That's how all heals used to work before Endwalker.

And here's Pneuma

1.5 second cast time. 1 second later the cast is locked in and all healing on everyone happens at the same time. Then, a second later (half a second after the end of the cast time) , the damage happens. Looks like they worked around the usual mechanics for heals by making it a single HoT tick instead of a direct heal?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Arist posted:

Here's Hogama's post on the locations of both major and minor:

Hogama posted:

Alisaie and Alphinaud are with Julius in Tertium in Garlemald, helping out with the whole relief effort plan. It is as yet not going nearly as poorly as their initial sortie.

Urianger and Thancred are chatting with Livingway in the Thaumazein in Labyrinthos. Their plan is... wandering aimlessly looking for ways to help out, really, but currently they'd like to make sure the moon is going to remain in safe hands.

Estinien is at a table in Mehryde's Meyhane in Radz-at-Han, suspecting that Vrtra is buttering him up before asking him to undertake a difficult mission. He's also of a mind to continue aimlessly wandering looking to help, but he's Thavnair bound for the moment.

Krile and G'raha Tia are in the Main Hall in the Baldesion Annex in Old Sharlayan. They're still planning on rebuilding the organization but for now that means taking on boring minor commissions and reorganizing. G'raha would love to break for adventure.

Y'shtola is presently visiting Matoya's Cave in the Dravinian Hinterlands - only until she finds a book she wanted in the Great Gubal Library, but still. Of course she's just planning on general research with efforts towards establishing a more useful path to the First.

Aenor and Ocher Boulder are near the Leatherworker's Guild in Gridania. Ocher wants to become more skillful that he might better match his brother, so he's just doing local guild work, while Aenor is currently parched without the Boulder Brothers together.

Coultenet and Hoary Boulder are off for Corvos/Locus Amoenus. (Correct me if I'm wrong but that means they're not presently in any zone we have access to.)

Clemence is in the Athenaeum Astrologicum in Ishgard, studying to be an Astrologian and being annoyed that Aenor won't stop writing her about how much she misses having both Boulders without a word of support for her studies.

F'lahminn is still frequenting the upstairs cafe in Mor Dhona, though she's gotten an invitation to visit the Leveilleur Estate by Ameliance.

Riol's taking a ship to either Meracydia or the New World. (Also not in the world? He mentions needing a ship but I haven't noticed him on the docks.)

Alianne and Isildaure are hanging out in the Bokaisen Hot Springs in Kugane with Isildaure's Doman BFF Homei. Their plan is to explore more of Nagxia, guided by Atori (first introduced in Zadnor, I believe).

V'mah Tia's still hanging around Rhalgr's Reach to help with the ongoing efforts in Ala Mhigo with Arenvald.

Ephemie is in Camp Broken Glass in Garlemald; she's exchanging the Wandering Minstrel's songs for stories of the Garleans' heroes.

Bluomwyda and Aergmhus are standing around in The Drowning Wench in Limsa Lominsa. Their plan is to check in on Aerslaent, ancestral home of the roegadyn, and take stock of the current state of affairs, of which there's been little information.

Oh and, not to forget, the most powerful Scion, Tataru, is beginning her fashion empire in Old Sharlayan using the old HQs for storage/meeting places, all while still powering her wayward carbuncle through her massive reserves of aether.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

It's honestly all completely arbitrary and clearly something that can be tuned serverside.

Benediction still takes about half a day to actually apply.

DRK had that issue in ShB where one of its 10 second buffs lasted 11 seconds and the other lasted 9.7 or something and you could get 5 attacks in one but not the other even though both said 10 seconds (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_QZ3ug3jo)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

aers posted:

It's honestly all completely arbitrary and clearly something that can be tuned serverside.

Which is why it's strange that they haven't applied it universally. Something like Benediction especially should work instantly, and the cooldown ensures it's not gonna be a huge drain on bandwidth.

I'll be curious to see if they've made more of the new PVP actions apply effects instantly, since it really feels like something like Stuns should be as responsive as possible.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Sanguinia posted:

Someone doing something I've already done where I get to enjoy their anguish and then eventual triumph! Is this how you guys feel all the time with me? :allears:

Welcome to the next step in enjoying of FFXIV: vicariously re-experiencing stuff!

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Tamba posted:

So I've always known that the heal from Pneuma is super fast, but while going over some footage from E4S with a static member, we noticed that it's actually time traveling:

Yes, the heal actually happens before the cast bar is even done :aaaaa:
The same seems to be true for Succour shields as well. They used to be super slow to actually activate, but also get applied before the cast bar is even done now.

One of the nicest changes of this is I can spread an adlo as soon as the cast is finished and know without fail the shield is getting spread. Definitely a nice QOL change they did.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

yeah, i would not enjoy sage half as much if i couldn't slap shields on everyone a tenth of a second before they get smacked. it really makes it feel snappy and my brain happy

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

HackensackBackpack posted:

Right here.

Here be Endwalker spoilers!

Is there a similar post for minor scions? I saw Aenor and Ocher Boulder in Gridania but I don't know about anyone else.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

sirtommygunn posted:

Is there a similar post for minor scions? I saw Aenor and Ocher Boulder in Gridania but I don't know about anyone else.

A few posts below that one, yeah. Though that post led me to believe Tataru was in Old Sharlayan when she's actually still at the Rising Stones.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The worst part of Sage is that its whole thing is basically being a dispenser of rapid, weak shields that you're banking on breaking, but you have to press two buttons to lay down that shield every time.

They made 'TBN: The Job', except it's worse to use than TBN itself.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The thing about the "shield' healers is that you almost never want to and rarely need to use the shields.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Arist posted:

A few posts below that one, yeah. Though that post led me to believe Tataru was in Old Sharlayan when she's actually still at the Rising Stones.

Double checking them Alianne and Isildaure also don't appear unless you've done the Doma Reconstruction

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arist posted:

That's my bad, I've thought the same since but it's too late to edit now :v:

OhFunny posted:

Double checking them Alianne and Isildaure also don't appear unless you've done the Doma Reconstruction
Makes sense, I'd already done that back when it was new and had been checking back for further dialogue along the way (they have stuff to say in reaction to patch content!)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The thing about the "shield' healers is that you almost never want to and rarely need to use the shields.

When I was 90 on Sage I found that spamming shields wasn't going to cut it, and I was pointed to a video where I got my current rotation (Its been a while so I may get this wrong): On the run up, apply shields for the Addersting charges, and dots when you can. Then, when you stop, Krasis + Physis II + Kerachole + Haima or Paihaima. At this point they should be good enough that I can dump all my toxikon and phlegma charges, then I would AOE the rest of the fight, occasionally throwing a Taurochole or Durochole.

There is a bit more too it than that and others may have a different rotation but the point is you definitely want to use your other skills rather than relying on shields.

EDIT: Here it is, and also thanks to Hommando for linking it and his own advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPjdwUgwncI

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 11, 2022

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

true

i can either hit two buttons to put out a shield pre-raidwide or i can just slap ixochole after the fact and let one of the regens i always have up and ticking fill in any gaps :effort:

hardly anything outside savage is actually putting out enough damage frequently enough to need anything else

(but shielding makes me happy so i still do it)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'd hesitate to call anything healers do a rotation, but the gist is right. And narrowing down at Sage and Scholar, you almost never want to touch either of your GCD shields. Haima/Panhaima/Seraph are amazing, mind you, but that's due to their free and oGCD nature.

Moving on from dungeons, you still never want to touch your shields while in combat. Early weeks of savage I might do a couple Eukrasia Prognosis / Succor per encounter, but in general we'd manage with just oGCDs and other mitigation, but it didn't take long to take them out of P1 and 2 entirely.

They're not all that effective in comparison to the rest of the toolbox, and you rarely need to dip into their extra strength.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

I'd hesitate to call anything healers do a rotation, but the gist is right. And narrowing down at Sage and Scholar, you almost never want to touch either of your GCD shields. Haima/Panhaima/Seraph are amazing, mind you, but that's due to their free and oGCD nature.

My pulls on SCH I've been rotating super spready adlo on the first pull and seraph for the second. And then usually full Uptime DPS on the bosses. Outside of mistakes causing drain I can get close to 100% uptime on DPS. The only uptime I really lose is the super adlo I do on the first pull but its honestly really worth it since I also spread it to the DPS and they can sit in a few AOEs for free.

Also do super adlo is cool on both expert bosses because I can defuse the second bomb for free (Also absorb the stack entirely) in smileton and completely mitigate the raidwide damage from one of the adds in stigma.

I'm in love with shield healers this xpac tbh.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I mean there’s a lot of dropped threads in Lahabrea’s speech but there’s also clearly bits they picked up and expanded.

Lahabrea posted:

Pathetic. You boasted of unrivaled power. You were entrusted with the ultimate weapon. The ultimate magic! And still you failed. So much for the glory of man.

The growing imbalance afflicting the planet must be redressed. If it is permitted to worsen, the very laws of existence--both aetheric and physical--will be warped beyond all recognition. Know you the root of this corruption? Hydaelyn! Like a parasite, she must be burned out if the planet is to recover. And naught but the return of the one true god will ensure her complete excision.

Yet to pave the way for the master's return, a chaotic confluence of untold proportions must needs be brought about. And that will necessitate the presence of the primals. Needless to say, both you and your Scion accomplices can not be suffered to interfere with this endeavour. You will not leave this place alive. It is past time your flame was extinguished... "Bringer of Light."

Bold is literally how the plot turns out. Italics is “eh a bit of a stretch but from a certain point of view Zodiark holding up the aetheric ozone zone to protect against the Final Days somewhat counts”, especially from an Ascian perspective.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bro I think you are in the wrong thread here.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean there’s a lot of dropped threads in Lahabrea’s speech but there’s also clearly bits they picked up and expanded.

Bold is literally how the plot turns out. Italics is “eh a bit of a stretch but from a certain point of view Zodiark holding up the aetheric ozone zone to protect against the Final Days somewhat counts”, especially from an Ascian perspective.

Wrong FFXIV thread, but yeah. Even knowing that the Ascian story changed between 2.0 and when it was laid out in Shadowbringers, they did a pretty good job of retrofitting it to the Lahabrea speech to the point where he sounds like 'he heard the right facts, but interpreted them poorly because he's crazy'.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Most of my Free Company is East Coast. I'm West Coast. That means in the evenings I have the place to myself.

Next time I'm bored: Spamalot!

Also: easiest glam I've ever done.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bruceski posted:

Most of my Free Company is East Coast. I'm West Coast. That means in the evenings I have the place to myself.

Next time I'm bored: Spamalot!

Also: easiest glam I've ever done.

JUST TAKE THOSE ORCHEST' ROLLS OFF THE SHELF

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

HackensackBackpack posted:

JUST TAKE THOSE ORCHEST' ROLLS OFF THE SHELF

DON'T TRY TO TAKE ME TO A HOUSE DISCO
YOU'LL NEVER EVEN GET ME THROUGH THE DOOR
FIFTEEN MINUTES I'LL HIT RETURN ONCE MORE
FOR SOME OL' TIME ORCHESTRION ROLL.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

See you space cowboy.

Min ilvl has a surprising amount of bite to it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

See you space cowboy.

Min ilvl has a surprising amount of bite to it.

Yeah, take away the massive gear scaling and that guy's legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
:siren: 6.0 Spoilers :siren:

https://youtu.be/JE-lWEopLgE