Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cody with a racist gimmick where he says " I don't like my black wife!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Here's the last thirty days of Cody's previous run

Nearly all of these guys are gone and Dolph's in NXT so going by 50/50 booking Cody will have to get his win back from Apollo Crews and feud with him for the next three months

Coincidentally I was at the house show in Columbia where he lost to Big Show and Apollo Crews. The loss to Big Show consisted of Cody coming out and saying that no one from South Carolina could beat him then getting knocked out after Big Show walked out, stood behind Cody for a few seconds, and punched him. I don't remember the match with Apollo Crews but there's a pretty good chance it was bad

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 11, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1513350175846244357?s=20&t=cSo9cMWQYfTdIqSLr8hwvw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Make that cash

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
do nightmare collective again with alexa bliss in the awesome kong role

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Details Behind Cody Rhodes' First Week Back In WWE
After Cody Rhodes' WWE debut was official, we learned more about the process of him coming in.

We've been told that although there were internal discussions about flying Cody and Brandi Rhodes in private, they took a private bus to the show. However, Rhodes was scheduled to fly out on Tuesday.

There were many people in the company that still didn't know for sure that Rhodes was coming in until he was actually there. Rhodes was hidden all day and didn't get to greet many people until after the match with Seth Rollins. There were people that Rhodes even know that approached him and asked why he didn't spill the beans to them.

Brandi Rhodes was obviously backstage with Cody Rhodes, and even though she hasn't initially been brought in with Cody TV, we're told that there were many productive conversations had with influential WWE names. She's been working on her unscripted content and has continued training in the ring.

On Monday, the Cody Rhodes segment was scripted to go on last, even appearing internally as such until about a little after 7 PM EST. We weren't told a reason the Cody and Reigns segments were flipped. As Ringside News reported earlier this week, the promo did appear in the script as read on the air, but we're told that Rhodes will likely retain the same presentation that we've seen in recent years.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Well gosh, I just can't figure why they would want to possibly bring Brandi in, when Cody's just going to have a one-off match with the Miz, and most certainly not a feud, that will lead to a mixed tag featuring both their wives somewhere down the road :iiam:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hell yeah

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
he's still got his bus lmao

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

he's still got his bus lmao

https://twitter.com/OfflineRoblox/status/1512422004447748098

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq56HZDftig

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Moxley literally wrote a book about how miserable he was in WWE and yet WWE-Stans are still 100% convinced he's coming back any day now

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
The E-drones just saw the other guy whose whole post-WWE career revolved around bitching about WWE return to the fed again.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Saul Goode posted:

I don't know about anyone else but I feel like it was the CM Punk pipebomb angle. That was the last time I remember people being genuinely excited for how the story was going to play out and not just grimly expecting it to turn to poo poo and being pleasantly surprised if it didn't. Everything that has happened afterwards that has got some buzz has been tinged with the "yeah but what if Kevin Nash sends a text message" vibe. People were losing their minds about what would happen next in the Summer of Punk, speculation was running wild and it seemed like cool things were possible. I had given up watching WWE altogether a few months earlier and got drawn back in because the pipebomb promo was linked on a website completely unrelated to wrestling that never featured any wrestling content whatsoever... I mean, it's hard to overestimate just how badly they dropped that ball back then. Because there was so much hype about it, when the angle started going to poo poo I could swear the online reaction was "let it play out" over and over again because people just couldn't believe the hottest angle since the death of WCW would end in a Triple H - Kevin Nash feud.

This sounds right to me. I remember people being so hyped that WWE had actually struck gold, and then just watching everyone's faith in the booking get whittled away more and more as the summer wore on. But the funniest part is that Punk only took a week off air after winning the Title, and they did the whole Cena/Mysterio interim Champ thing, and pretty much gave away that they were going to gently caress everything up right from the get-go.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
kids like growing up in busses

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

brandi vs rousey book it coward vince

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Moxley literally wrote a book about how miserable he was in WWE and yet WWE-Stans are still 100% convinced he's coming back any day now

cody said similar stuff, now he's back in wwe. people said cm punk wouldnt come back to wwe and he did that wwe talkshow on fox, poo poo happens, its wrestling. never say never etc etc

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

cody said similar stuff, now he's back in wwe. people said cm punk wouldnt come back to wwe and he did that wwe talkshow on fox, poo poo happens, its wrestling. never say never etc etc

Punk didn't go back to WWE though.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Breetai posted:

Can anyone clue me in on the origin of this phrase in relation to wrestling, because I see it everywhere online usually used sarcastically in relation to àn impending fuckup, and I'd like to know how it started.

I don't know, but my favorite recent example

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1483471620878442497?s=20&t=9MOlK1-XgAfeHhKxdbUZUA

then after not being used for like three months
https://twitter.com/packalanche/status/1504832777715343362?s=20&t=9MOlK1-XgAfeHhKxdbUZUA
https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1504832930677342216?s=20&t=9MOlK1-XgAfeHhKxdbUZUA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Summer of Punk was where WWE lost everyone's trust but it was the Bryan/Authority story where 'let it play out' became a meme

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kosmo Gallion posted:

E defenders use it whenever something hilariously lovely happens on their program and act like WWE has a habit of course correcting, which it does not.

Yeah it's this

My favorite recent example is when WWE hotshotted the WWE title onto Big E because they were getting heat for not pushing black talent and also because AEW was doing awesome things and WWE was trying to counter-program. Then Big E was made to look like a fool repeatedly and E Drones were like "let it play out" and of course it played out awful and Big E had a short run and it sucked. Not because Big E sucks but because the WWE never really wanted him to be a strong champion in the first place and he was just a pawn for them

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

The Summer of Punk was where WWE lost everyone's trust but it was the Bryan/Authority story where 'let it play out' became a meme

if Bryan's post Mania 30 run was actually decent and his first feud wasn't Kane I could see people forgetting this or moving on but it was the first real sign that things weren't gonna improve

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

maruhkati posted:

do nightmare collective again with alexa bliss in the awesome kong role

do nightmare collective again with Rhea Ripley in the Mel role

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You can’t base anything off of Bryan, he made every piece of poo poo gimmick Vince through at him gold. After about the third gimmick change that couldn’t kill his momentum, Vince shoulda just gave up and put Romans rocket up his rear end instead.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the summer of punk was great. i loved it when kevin nash texted himself, and i also loved the hhh vs nash ladder match where there was a sledgehammer above the ring, and i loved that the finish was a pinfall

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone shits on that feud but to this day texting is a really popular passtime.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Why did they just stop using Alexa? Like the Lily segments weren’t good but WWE seemed high on featuring her

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

everyone shits on that feud but to this day texting is a really popular passtime.

everyone texts about that feud but to this day making GBS threads is a really popular passtime.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

Punk didn't go back to WWE though.

dunno people loved saying he was a fake coming crawling back and taking wwe money and being a sell out and poo poo so i guess the narrative changes once he showed up in aew

Maxwell Lord posted:

Why did they just stop using Alexa? Like the Lily segments weren’t good but WWE seemed high on featuring her

who knows, she got married this weekend too besides carmella & corey. It was really funny they were building up her return just for her to return for only the saudi chamber match to pop views and poo poo lol

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Maxwell Lord posted:

she likely said something about it being dumb or wanted to change something and instead of working with her just took her off TV for being Hard To Work With

either that or they're just working it like that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

everyone texts about that feud but to this day making GBS threads is a really popular passtime.

basterd

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

they said the same thing about CM Punk too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lid posted:

they said the same thing about CM Punk too

Punk was a legit possibility though, because they did reach out to him and he did listen. Then they tried to big time him and play games with him and he told them to gently caress off.

But like, people are also deluded if they think nobody else will ever go to WWE from AEW. So long as WWE has money to throw at people, they'll be a place that people will sign with.

Just think that in 5 or 10 years down the road, WWE offers Mox a huge deal and they still have Roman and Seth on the payroll. There's money to be had in a Shield reunion. This is of course assuming that WWE still has an audience and/or is still making money and haven't released everyone. Maybe AEW can match that deal money wise, maybe not. But it's not out of the realm of possibility.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

More like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uv9V_OSIu0

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
$10 Mil a year can smooth over a lot of old wounds, but Mox went out of his way to insult a very thin skinned mole like creature on the executive board.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Just what WWE needs, yet another Shield reunion.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThePariah posted:

Just what WWE needs, yet another Shield reunion.

It's impossible, Kurt Angle already retired

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Can someone please link to Cody Rhodes saying Shawn Michaels

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he was saying it in a dusty accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005