Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

didn't Macron change how votes were counted last year? I forget the details and can't find the article but it was something he had the power to do unilaterally

No, but he did change the rules surrounding the allotted air time on tv, giving himself a lot more

Figures that the people in a fascist country would vote for the outspoken fascist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

No, but he did change the rules surrounding the allotted air time on tv, giving himself a lot more

Figures that the people in a fascist country would vote for the outspoken fascist

what do you think of zemmour's cohen strategy the last week or so? doesn't seem on-brand

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Agitating about roving bands of muslims killing defenseless people, clamoring that the media is trying to hide the true reality of crime, crying about justice not being meted out? all this a couple of days before the election? Extremely on brand. Mélenchon even made the prediction a year or so ago that they’d bring up some sordid crime to divert attention right before election day

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1513293456390598656

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Agitating about roving bands of muslims killing defenseless people, clamoring that the media is trying to hide the true reality of crime, crying about justice not being meted out? all this a couple of days before the election? Extremely on brand. Mélenchon even made the prediction a year or so ago that they’d bring up some sordid crime to divert attention right before election day

yeah that's fair. i guess antisemitism is...gauche

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

i say swears online posted:

yeah that's fair. i guess antisemitism is...gauche

no joke the other day some moronic woman was admonishing me for my support of an « antisemitic » candidate while holding on to a zemmour flyer

all these fuckers care about is how much of an arab-hater zemmour is, and how much he loves colonization. Fascist bourgeois jews are fascist and bourgeois before anything else and they literally don’t give a poo poo about the outright nazi element among zemmour’s rank and file

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jupiter rising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mMtxFRHzZY

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it looks like macron is far ahead enough that he’s very likely to sail smoothly to re-election unless lepen can magically make up a five point difference in round 2. Jupiter would be most pleased.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the green-brown axis

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
macron looks presidential so that means he's legit

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://www.resultats-elections.interieur.gouv.fr/presidentielle-2022/FE.html

looks like second run off is going to be macron vs le pen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the gently caress happened in the first runoff

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

it looks like macron is far ahead enough that he’s very likely to sail smoothly to re-election unless lepen can magically make up a five point difference in round 2. Jupiter would be most pleased.

Strong "surely Hillary will beat Trump" energy here. Hope you are right. I wish i could read all the poo poo people will write on their bulletin next round.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

Strong "surely Hillary will beat Trump" energy here. Hope you are right. I wish i could read all the poo poo people will write on their bulletin next round.

at the moment the right occupies less than 40% of the vote. it's unlikely, but a le pen win would be due to enthusiasm and turnout with the full support of her right-rivals

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

Ben inscris-toi pour être scrutateur ! Tu n’es même pas obligé.e, tu peux juste observer les opérations de dépouillement. Parfois ils sont intéressants, les bulletins nuls, mais je sais pas si ça vaut le coup d’entendre les noms des candidats égrenés par les scrutateurs, surtout ces deux-là.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jesus Christ lol

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ben inscris-toi pour être scrutateur ! Tu n’es même pas obligé.e, tu peux juste observer les opérations de dépouillement. Parfois ils sont intéressants, les bulletins nuls, mais je sais pas si ça vaut le coup d’entendre les noms des candidats égrenés par les scrutateurs, surtout ces deux-là.
Ouais, j'ai assisté au dépouillement aux dernières présidentielles : Le Pen a gagné dans ma station de vote avec 53% des votes. I guess i will just follow the dépouillement on twitter, hoping for a different result.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ariel_Guez/status/1513243460781973505?t=hOcnyeskAp6CEUCAduiW_w&s=19

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
funny how zoomers and boomers are the ones who least voted for le pen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Le Pen will win

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

libs have been posting the opposite and continue saying it as truth even with the post-results.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Le Pen will win

the libs will naturally turn out to vote for Mme Présidente

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Le Pen will win
She could also do a repeat of the previous presidential debate against Macron and look like a total idiot once again, in which case she could lose by a 3-4% margin. It's gonna be close anyway and yes Macron could pull a Hillary. Can't wait for the upcoming 2 weeks of the press calling her a Putin pawn. I mean she is but for gently caress sake, Fillon is currently working for a Russian group. Oh and Benalla works for a Russian oligarch.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It seemed both Le Pen and Macron preformed pretty close to expectations, while Melenchon did much better and the Republicans much worse. It seems like the second round will be about which way the left goes.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Honest Thief posted:

The really old folks actually experienced Nazis in France so it makes sense they hate her.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Apparently Zemmour identifies as a "Bonapartist."

I don't really know what that means today since we allegedly aren't in the 19th century.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat Melenchon almost made it...

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't really know what that means today since we allegedly aren't in the 19th century.

He doesn't actually care about making Jean-Christophe the emperor so he does not deserve the label

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Vox Nihili posted:

It's just a nicer word for strong man politics as a way to "save" the nation, pretty much.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The really old folks actually experienced Nazis in France so it makes sense they hate her.

Heh. It's more than they usually prefer safer conservative candidates like Fillon in 2017. Probably says something that they overwhelmingly voted Macron this time even though Pécresse was available.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^^ Also french right-wingers tend to always support people already in place, from my purely subjective experience. Also she was the left-wing of the right wing and she pivoted toward and then away to and from the more conservative positions and it's quite confusing.

Ardennes posted:

It seemed both Le Pen and Macron preformed pretty close to expectations, while Melenchon did much better and the Republicans much worse. It seems like the second round will be about which way the left goes.
If you want something to laugh at: Precresse literally spent the last month going around saying that her program was better than Macron's program. Which may be actually the case but anyway, the obvious question about this claim is "who give a poo poo?" and the election result are the answer.

Edit: her program was poo poo and the only thing i remember is the part where she says she will only allow new wind turbines if "everyone agree". Like there isn't some fucktard everywhere against them because they will apparently "ruin the countryside's look".

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 08:58 on Apr 12, 2022

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Her idea of an own was "Macron copies all of our ideas but don't be fooled, I'm the only authentically right-wing candidate."

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Vox Nihili posted:

it's (France's version of) Weber's 'charismatic leadership', OP

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I haven't been following french candidates, so all i know about Mélenchon is he did a tupac like hologram appearance but why do some people call him a nationalist?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Honest Thief posted:

I haven't been following french candidates, so all i know about Mélenchon is he did a tupac like hologram appearance but why do some people call him a nationalist?

who even calls him that?

I mean he did say something to the effect of "the EU is a liberal organization that benefits capitalism more than it benefits the people" but that hardly makes someone a nationalist, at least for those of us able to understand nuance

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

Because those people are loving crazy far right trolls. Asselineau did attack Mélenchon by saying he had become a "nationalist" but Asselineau is "mister Frexit" and got a 0.98% result during the previous presidential election. It's a "crazy old man shout at clouds, call them nationalists" kind of thing.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

January 6 Survivor posted:

who even calls him that?

some other euro communists or leftists

Toplowtech posted:

Because those people are loving crazy far right trolls. Asselineau did attack Mélenchon by saying he had become a "nationalist" but Asselineau is "mister Frexit" and got a 0.98% result during the previous presidential election. It's a "crazy old man shout at clouds, call them nationalists" kind of thing.

Asselineau lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wasn't some of the dumb split in the French left, because Melenchon didn't think that SOMETHING HAD TO BE DONE about Syria? Been years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Honest Thief posted:

Asselineau lol

I can never remember his name, so I always call him "the rear end guy"