Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I've never seen Robocop. If someone wants to buy me Robocop, I will consider watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

pwn posted:

I've never seen Robocop. If someone wants to buy me Robocop, I will consider watching it.

How is this even possible?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pwn posted:

What is wrong with you!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

pwn posted:

You've violated the prime directive

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

pwn posted:

Dead or alive you are coming with me

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Bitches leave.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I finally ordered a region free bluray player :woop:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

pwn posted:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

pwn posted:

I ... how? How? With as media-obsessed as you are, how have you not seen that classic?

Anyway, it's streaming on Philo and it goes up on Hulu / Netflix / Amazon Prime seemingly every other month (although that'll probably be only Prime in the future, since Amazon owns the Orion catalog by way of its purchase of MGM last year).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Who doesn't love Robocop? Even my mom loved Robocop.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

caligulamprey posted:

Who doesn't love Robocop? Even my mom loved Robocop.

Hell, my girlfriend, who can't stand violent movies, loved RoboCop. She immediately latched onto the satire and it was completely her jam, to the point that she bought a Blu-ray of it shortly after that weekend together.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
There's always the Fatal Farm scene 27 remake if you want a condensed version.

e: it is very nsfw

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnMF7dV86k

Having the whole film condensed into 10 minutes with the theme tune playing the whole time makes up for the 2000’s internet rapping.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Please watch Robocop. It’s really good

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Robocop is one of the great films. I wish I had a Robocop statue in my town.

(Also, my fav comic is Judge Dredd, very comparable vibes of satire and calling people creep by John Wagner, if you want more.)

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Heavy Metal posted:

(Also, my fav comic is Judge Dredd, very comparable vibes of satire and calling people creep by John Wagner, if you want more.)

The early Robocop designs were a bit more on the nose about the connection between the two

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

david_a posted:

The early Robocop designs were a bit more on the nose about the connection between the two

Also RoboCop's characteristic use of the word "creep".

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Timby posted:

I ... how? How? With as media-obsessed as you are, how have you not seen that classic?

Anyway, it's streaming on Philo and it goes up on Hulu / Netflix / Amazon Prime seemingly every other month (although that'll probably be only Prime in the future, since Amazon owns the Orion catalog by way of its purchase of MGM last year).

It just never looked appealing to me, though I never really knew it was satire until now, it looked like 80s Reagan-era copaganda. More interested in it now.

Edit: Even though I grew up in the 80s and 90s I was more about Indiana Jones and BttF and Hook and What About Bob? than Robocop and Jean Claude Van Damme; Little Prince and Belle and Sebastian and Rugrats than TMNT and GI Joe. My dad was big into the action flicks though so I was exposed to a lot of Van Damme. I don't ever remember him watching Robocop. It was mainly something I saw parodied in Cracked and Mad.

Edit 2: please enjoy this ridiculous piece from Cracked #258 as tribute for my crime of not having watched RoboCop.

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 11, 2022

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

It just never looked appealing to me,

:frogout:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Arrow just got back to me with this:

quote:

I'm sorry, it seems that we are still waiting for this from our supplier. At the moment we do not have a confirmed date for this but are chasing it up with them. Do you wish to keep the order active or cancel?

Frustrating. I want to give Arrow my biz… but they can’t deliver on Day 1 of a premiere title and I can save almost 25% via BBY? It’s a no-brainer unfortunately.

EDIT: I canceled and ordered from Best Buy. I feel kinda bad because I want to support Arrow but JFC, what a bad situation customer service-wise. Like, they could have provided a more formal blanket e-mail or something and I would have been more receptive.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 11, 2022

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Batman’s release makes me wonder if they’re just making the ugliest drat art on regular versions so I have to buy the Steelbook.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

man nurse posted:

Please watch Robocop. It’s really good

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVphAuRo7Q

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Getting around to watching the Severin release of Out of the Blue. What a great movie and a gorgeous transfer, but man is this movie even more hosed up than I remember.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

That opening dream really just sets you up for the tone of the rest of the movie in a way that not many other movies do.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

How is there not a blu-ray for Bringing Out the Dead?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

a lack of respect for cinema.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

CPL593H posted:

I was thinking the same thing after cage's AMA yesterday.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Someone needs to import a copy from Japan or something, because a week later Shout Factory will announce a UHD.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got an email saying that my Robocop UHD will be delivered tomorrow :cheers:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Someone needs to import a copy from Japan or something, because a week later Shout Factory will announce a UHD.

It appears that it isn't on blu-ray in any country at all.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I know some here have been waiting for this one for quite a while, Men in Black is getting an individual UHD release in July.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

It appears that it isn't on blu-ray in any country at all.

https://twitter.com/vk_hm/status/1513711043775770624?s=21&t=fWlbNp26sfIb9CTgkjRrwQ

It’s streaming in HD on Disney+ tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not the US Disney +

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

Because it was the last film released on laserdisc in the US, and they're waiting to release it as the last film on Blu-ray, as it should be.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Batman steelbook is in stock for now if you're interested

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-ba...p?skuId=6503607

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Heavy Metal posted:

Detroit wishes it had one too. Still waiting.... :(

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1513691799755362307

God I hope this gets a US release too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Tim Whatley posted:

The Batman steelbook is in stock for now if you're interested

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-ba...p?skuId=6503607

Thanks, I hated the normal version box art.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Not the US Disney +

I haven't checked but if it's a Disney property it's probably on hulu because that's where they put all the R rated movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Disney+ recently gave you the option to lock profiles to more kid friendly shows. What that’s going to mean going forward is anyone’s guess.