Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

i re-watched twister recently and we noticed that bill paxton's character is an unlikable jerk. the movie portrays him as a sexy cool guy but he sucks. otherwise still kinda fun movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Norton posted:

i re-watched twister recently and we noticed that bill paxton's character is an unlikable jerk. the movie portrays him as a sexy cool guy but he sucks. otherwise still kinda fun movie

you mean he's THE MOST OUT OF CONTROL SONOFABITCH IN THE GAME

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Checking in with the Australian floods: Sydney has passed its average annual rainfall total, about a quarter of the way through the year.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Domensino/status/1511871397639106565

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Everything sounds more impressive in millimeters.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
the four seasons; fire, water, wind and halloween

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

everything changed when the halloween nation attacked

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SirPablo posted:

Everything sounds more impressive in millimeters.

She said, with disappointment

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Speaking of Bill Paxton, I watched Near Dark the other night and he's great as an unhinged vampire cowboy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Iron Crowned posted:

Speaking of Bill Paxton, I watched Near Dark the other night and he's great as an unhinged vampire cowboy
Red Letter Media did a video on that movie a month or two ago

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I love how every aspect of this is just 100% unnecessary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rAWYtshPAI

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Vesi posted:

the four seasons; fire, water, wind and halloween

halloween falls under landscaping

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/xobekim/status/1512788261877469185
https://twitter.com/WeatherToday2/status/1512806145903235073

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Working on my very fast ball

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I'm in NW AR, looks like a fun Mon-Weds for us.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Gonna need more tarps.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Really well tied-down tarps covering your stuff is a good way to get through a severe weather event

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I find this very funny in retrospect, because one of the things you're told not to do is tie the house down like that in a hurricane

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Which is why Flanders' house was the only one the hurricane destroyed. :eng101:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Which is why Flanders' house was the only one the hurricane destroyed. :eng101:

bingo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I find this very funny in retrospect, because one of the things you're told not to do is tie the house down like that in a hurricane

Because if the house blows away it'll take the earth with it

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The potted shrub with a tarp over it is funny, thinking about someone installing anchors in concrete to tie down a drat potted plant

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

The potted shrub with a tarp over it is funny, thinking about someone installing anchors in concrete to tie down a drat potted plant

Especially with how the house has all the shutterss and you could just put a potted plant inside in the shutters

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shifty Nipples posted:

I think this "simpsons" show has legs

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
When my house burned down the lovely contractors the insurance company hired to secure the property couldn't keep a tarp tied down to what was left of the roof so water ended up flooding down through the holes in the floor right into the basement and the insurance company had to pay tens of thousands of dollars extra to fix water damage in the only part of the house that was mostly untouched by the fire

Anyway that's my tarp story

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

What's the reasoning for that?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

lmao just remembered that australian video game collector who had the same attitude

got hit by lightning and fried his $99999999999 arcade collection

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think this "simpsons" show has legs

like a millipede, it turns out

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Because if the house blows away it'll take the earth with it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

lmao just remembered that australian video game collector who had the same attitude

got hit by lightning and fried his $99999999999 arcade collection

he doesn't believe in insurance or doctors. he does believe in gofundme, however.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bedpan posted:

he doesn't believe in insurance or doctors. he does believe in gofundme, however.

And i believe in the healing power of laughter

At his expense

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1513414315981815814

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
had hail 4 times in the past two weeks, never really got hail before

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

a hurricane can weigh over sixteen billion tons, you're not gonna be able to lift the tarp off

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

You put the tarps over the damaged house while you fix it because it rains every day. Any other use of tarps is off label and for comedic purposes ONLY

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
How's the divorce going, Reed? lol

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Tomorrow is shaping up to be a wild day for the Midwest :ohdear:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Simpsons knew

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FistEnergy posted:

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a wild day for the Midwest :ohdear:

Every day is wild here, you would not even believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

RandomBlue posted:

Every day is wild here, you would not even believe it.