Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Samoa Joe and Nick Comoroto would rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just watched danielson vs aries from Testing The Limit. good stuff. lots of holds though :razzy:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For the first time in 16+ years I don't own any ROH shows. Some random dude on twitter asked if he could buy all my DVDs and I sold em. He didn't want the shoots though, nor would I ever part with Straight Shootin' with Samoa Joe and CM Punk or Punk and Cabana.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat i've got like 50 i should sell

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

drat i've got like 50 i should sell

Thankfully I still have all my FIP DVDs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Recently got rid of all mine too, feels weird not having them sitting in a long untouched DVD shelf gathering dust.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have 51 dvds

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Venomous posted:

also, ROH only really entered its first death spiral after they buggered up their half of the Madison Square Garden show

they were doing fine before it
This is a bit of a chicken vs. egg thing in that in the MSG show was also one of their first BIG shows done after the AEW exodus.

Final Battle 2018 was main evented by a Briscoes vs. Young Bucks vs. SCU Ladder War, plus Jay Lethal vs. Cody as the semi-main for the world title and Jeff Cobb vs. Hangman page for the TV title as the opener.

So prior to the MSG show, they'd lost Punishment Martinez to WWE, and then Young Bucks/Cody/SCU/Hangman/Best Friends to AEW in the span of six months. I am sure NJPW was upset about some of the stuff at the MSG show, but it's not like they didn't send people over in the summer of 2019 anyway.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have 43 dvds, mostly between 2006 and 2009. i will not part with Manhattan Mayhem 05, GBH V N2 or Final Battle 06.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i should at least do an inventory sometime. i have like 80 pwg dvds too i think they sent me all the ones hulkamatt ordered and never got

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have 81

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i only have 11 pwg dvds, last one being the final reseda show. :(

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Manhattan Mayhem 05, GBH V N2

Quality shows. I had given up by Final Battle 06 but those two were in my collection and I bloody loved them. Still regret giving up Enter the Dragon many years back, the Danielson - Aries match was my number one for a long time. Looking back I can't believe that Aries was my favourite back then... what a bad choice that turned out to be lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Saul Goode posted:

Quality shows. I had given up by Final Battle 06 but those two were in my collection and I bloody loved them. Still regret giving up Enter the Dragon many years back, the Danielson - Aries match was my number one for a long time. Looking back I can't believe that Aries was my favourite back then... what a bad choice that turned out to be lol.

Austin Aries was one of the best wrestlers in the country from late 2005-2008.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i’m watching 2004 roh and he’s already really good. it helps when you’re against danielson and feuding with punk (who is surprisingly great) but he’s already a top level worker by then. not as good as the 06 tag run or w/e but still great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Austin Aries could be right there alongside Punk and Bryan in AEW finally getting the big star treatment if he hadn't blown his career to poo poo in the last decade

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Austin Aries could be right there alongside Punk and Bryan in AEW finally getting the big star treatment if he hadn't blown his career to poo poo in the last decade

The brief period he was TNA champion felt like he was maybe starting to get there. Then he went to WWE, and also had to talk about his opinions and welp.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Then he went to WWE, and also had to talk about his opinions and welp.

I'd say it started when he sexually assaulted Christy Hemme, personally

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

I'd say it started when he sexually assaulted Christy Hemme, personally

That assumes there's any actual consequences in the wrestling industry for sex pests.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

i’m watching 2004 roh and he’s already really good. it helps when you’re against danielson and feuding with punk (who is surprisingly great) but he’s already a top level worker by then. not as good as the 06 tag run or w/e but still great

i really liked the debut and then diverging of GenNext from that time period, everything with shelley, strong, aries was good stuff. evans too when he joined later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Woops wrong thread

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i really liked the debut and then diverging of GenNext from that time period, everything with shelley, strong, aries was good stuff. evans too when he joined later.

Evans was with them from the first night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Evans was with them from the first night.

for some reason i have it in my head he joined after alex was kicked out. its been 18 years.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Unacceptable.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What I'd really like is for someone to go through all the ROH footage and clean up the audio and do a bit of HD remastering or what have you and then watch all the big shows from Samoa Joe winning the belt onwards. If Tonty Khan can give me that then a 14 year old me will thank him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

What I'd really like is for someone to go through all the ROH footage and clean up the audio and do a bit of HD remastering or what have you and then watch all the big shows from Samoa Joe winning the belt onwards. If Tonty Khan can give me that then a 14 year old me will thank him.

Probably have to redub the commentary too.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hell yeah give me the mic and just have me dub over it going "Woah that's cool as gently caress, hell yeah", "Who's this guy? He did a cool flip!"and "Such a shame this guy turned out to be Austin Aries".

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Pylons posted:

Probably have to redub the commentary too.

Have Taz and Excalibur do it and I'll subscribe to Honor Club for life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress it, pay Riccaboni to do that and the odd ROH PPV until they get whatever regular schedule TK is aiming for going.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Get old wrestlers who appeared on the shows to do commentary like a dvd extra.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

id be happy with prazak and leonard doing redubs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ROH redoing commentary for every show but it's bringing in the duo of Eric Gargulio & Donnie B

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

if mike hogewood was still with us i'd pitch him and prazak as the comedy-but-secretly-i-want-it option

alas, he is slapping the porpoise with angels now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

for some reason i have it in my head he joined after alex was kicked out. its been 18 years.

They added Matt Sydal after Shelley joined the Embassy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

remember when abyss joined the embassy for a show and was 3 feet taller than everyone. that was cool

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Abyss was basically just brought in so they'd have someone large to land on when Evans does the Double Moonsault off the cage. Of course that didn't happen and Evans somehow missed everyone and crashed straight to the floor, but since his body is made of flubber, he was fine.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The Embassy was one of the best stables in wrestling history and I will always love them all

Seeing Prince Nana on AEW Dark a while back was so cool and I would love for TK to bring him back in ROH and start a new Embassy

Also RIP Jimmy Rave. I threw so much toilet paper at that motherfucker back in the mid 2000s

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
incredibly hosed up that the embassy eventually just became Tommaso Ciampa and like 8 managers

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Whatever happened to Daizee Haze anyway? She was in The Embassy and was a mainstay in Shimmer among other indies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Whatever happened to Daizee Haze anyway? She was in The Embassy and was a mainstay in Shimmer among other indies.

think she just retired because of health issues??? her an delirious obviously broke up at some point, dont remember if it was before that or after she left wrestling.

edit: someone on reddit said she came out about having an eating disorder and was a part of her retirement for health reasons

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 11, 2022