Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

readingatwork posted:

OK, so this is an antisemetic thing right? I'm not just imagining that am I? I really can't think of any other way to interpret this.
Sometimes the lizards are Jews, sometimes the lizards are in league with Aryan space Nazis, sometimes the lizards are just because of people who watched too much V.

Same goes with Freemasons, Illuminatis, Jesuits, etc. in their conspiracy forms rather than any group that has ever existed, because the whole thing has roots in 150 years of nonsense that was sometimes outright antisemitic, but was sometimes anti-Catholic or anti-science instead, depending on who was writing it for whom.

Or maybe all of the above, because it was under no obligation to be remotely coherent. He should definitely get the lifetime achievement award in bigotry though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Once you're on the terf slide the descent into far right movements is very quick. This guy is as clear an example of that as I've seen.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: What About Whataboutism

"Slur" :lmao:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vagabong posted:

What's the craic with this? Did they get off because of a lovely judge/jury or because the plot was mainly advanced by the fbi?

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's definitely just the US criticizing Russia. If there were global outcry he wouldn't really have a point, but since literally every other country is fine with Russia invading Ukraine this cartoon is ironclad

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I do not think this metaphor helps my understanding much.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Facebook is unbelievably disgusting.

I watched the Bivalve Extremists live back in 1978.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They a Blue Öyster Cult tribute?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You know, I just always kinda assumed Facebook owned TikTok.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This might be one of the most confusing metaphors I've ever seen.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

rydiafan posted:

You know, I just always kinda assumed Facebook owned TikTok.

TikTok's parent company is ByteDance, who are (brace yourself) Chinese. Zuckerberg has been doing a bit of lobbying that this is presents a threat to national security, and people should support home-grown social media giants. Facebook (now called Meta) own Instagram, Whatsapp, and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Guavanaut posted:

Sometimes the lizards are Jews, sometimes[...]

A couple weeks back he also had an Einsteinian looking college professor yammering on about Bilderbergs or Rothschilds or one of those, which also featured a Star of David on the gallery of Woke Symbols.

he's probably another year out from outright suggesting that hitler had more than one good idea, but these lizards are definitely Jews

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

A couple weeks back he also had an Einsteinian looking college professor yammering on about Bilderbergs or Rothschilds or one of those

I mentioned this on the last page, but I'm pretty sure it was about 'subjugating the masses with fractional reserve banking', which is very much some nazi propaganda poo poo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somfin posted:

Also how did the kids' hair change that fast

Same hologram technology used to hide the teacher's reptoid form presumably

My question is do they have to restyle all the kids' hair before sending them home to their blissfully ignorant parents or do they send some kind of portable hologram generator home with them, you know whatever the teacher needs to use when she goes grocery shopping or buys bulk crickets from the pet store or whatever she eats

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mr. Squishy posted:

TikTok's parent company is ByteDance, who are (brace yourself) Chinese. Zuckerberg has been doing a bit of lobbying that this is presents a threat to national security, and people should support home-grown social media giants. Facebook (now called Meta) own Instagram, Whatsapp, and probably a bunch of other stuff.
There is also a scandal that a political opinion outfit was spreading fake stories about the "Slap A Teacher challenge," which seemed to be a complete fabrication that was astroturf on Facebook news pages.

... which I heard about on TikTok newspaper channels, so, you know.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Mr. Squishy posted:

And Meta has Reels, which are ShitTok-esque shortform viney videos. I don't like the Chinese having that much American data so I sort of agree with Zuckfuck on the natsec front, but I'm also aware that the 95% reason he's lobbying against the 'Tok is because they're a direct competitor.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TikTok filled in the vacuum left behind by vine, and the Chinese ownership caused such a stink that Trump gave an ultimatum that they sell TikTok to an American company (which are well-known for being so much better at data privacy) or he’d shut down operations in the USA.

I’m not sure what came of that. I assume, with COVID and the election, that Trump just quietly dropped the subject.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I should care about China datamining the world's data, but with all the poo poo going on I just can't.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Sunak and Murty’s morning-after bill – The chancellor’s wife has agreed to pay UK tax on her earnings after outcry over her non-dom status"

Telegraph:

Emmanuel Macron to face Marine Le Pen in bruising French election run-off

Independent:

Boris Johnson pictured meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv

Times:

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak’s family moves out of Downing Street amid tax row

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pants Donkey posted:

TikTok filled in the vacuum left behind by vine, and the Chinese ownership caused such a stink that Trump gave an ultimatum that they sell TikTok to an American company (which are well-known for being so much better at data privacy) or he’d shut down operations in the USA.

I’m not sure what came of that. I assume, with COVID and the election, that Trump just quietly dropped the subject.

Trump & co forgot about it.

quote:

TikTok has filed a petition in a US Court of Appeals calling for a review of actions by the Trump administration’s Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). The reason, according to the company, is that it hasn’t heard from the committee in weeks about an imminent deadline for parent company ByteDance to sell off US assets over national security concerns.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

D34THROW posted:

And Meta has Reels, which are ShitTok-esque shortform viney videos. I don't like the Chinese having that much American data so I sort of agree with Zuckfuck on the natsec front, but I'm also aware that the 95% reason he's lobbying against the 'Tok is because they're a direct competitor.

American companies and governments have done just fine destroying American lives with their existing control of American data, I'm not sure where this fear that "the Chinese" will do something worse comes from.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

“I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL IRS- FILE YOUR TAXES NOW OR FEEL MY WRATH”

It has been said that when citizens fear government we have tyranny.

We definitely have tyranny.

It’s tax season once again, but it can also be called ‘fear season.’ The IRS relies on fear to get Americans to file and cough up large amounts of hard-earned money to them. Citizens fear heavy penalties with interest or even prison. That’s what keeps us filing, even though politicians smugly tell us that filing taxes is ‘voluntary.’ Those that don’t volunteer fear armed government thugs eventually showing up at their door.

Is this fear warranted? Not according to Peymon Mottahedeh who educates and assists Americans to live free from oppressive taxation and control. He started an organization that helps Americans learn the legal way not to file. He says our chances of getting audited are the same as getting hit by lighting. Why? Because not only does the IRS not have a legal footing that requires us to file, but also it’s awash in incompetence and has millions of backlogged paper filings that they cannot possibly analyze. Despite billions of tax dollars thrown at them, the IRS consistently fails to upgrade their computer systems. Like most government operations, it’s filled with corruption and incompetence.

If you’d like to learn how to safely refrain from filing and end the fear, visit Freedom Law School.

— Ben Garrison

Looks like they bought another commission from Garrison.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Just hangin' out with Hitler, havin' some drinks.

Raised By Birds posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature (Toto)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Raised By Birds posted:

Gee, I wonder WHY the IRS is so inefficient

It couldn't be decades of conservative sabotage right

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Anthony Albanese stumbles, can't name cash or unemployment rate on day one of federal election campaign (ABC).
Scott Morrison defends secrecy around $500,000 payout to former Liberal staffer Rachelle Miller (SBS). "SBS News has been told former advisor Rachelle Miller has been offered a six-figure taxpayer-funded settlement over allegations of bullying and sexual harassment during her time in parliament."

Rowe:

Knight:

Most news sources are focusing on Albanese's lapse in memory, regarding it as a fatal error and have already started their victory dance.

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

Herbert:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Raised By Birds posted:

So close, and yet so far.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Could someone link the other Garrison cartoons promoting freedom law school? I feel a form 14242 coming on.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Honestly its a compliment that any critism of human rights must come from the us so one can ]whatabout it

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Gee, I wonder WHY the IRS is so inefficient

It couldn't be decades of conservative sabotage right

Lots of lobbying from TurboTax too.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Kelleys Nomination: Worst comic about ... Ukraine???

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

We need a constant, controlled, flow of illegal immigration to power the American Southwest. AGC.

(also why would you label Mexico? The flags not clear enough? Even if they're not, what is lost if the one riverbed isn't labeled mexico.)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Let's see how this class works out

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/tax-defier-and-member-freedom-law-school-sentenced-prison-tax-evasion

quote:

Tax Defier and Member of Freedom Law School Sentenced to Prison for Tax Evasion
Used Warehouse Bank, Prepaid Debit Cards, Cashier’s Checks, and Postal Money Orders to Conceal Income and Assets From IRS

A Point Richmond, California man was sentenced to serve 33 months in prison yesterday for tax evasion, announced Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Caroline D. Ciraolo, head of the Justice Department’s Tax Division, and U.S. Attorney Brian J. Stretch of the Northern District of California.

In June, Richard Thomas Grant, 63, was found guilty of three counts of tax evasion following a jury trial in Oakland, California. In 2001, Grant stopped filing individual income tax returns and paying income taxes despite the fact that he received significant income as a partner with Grant Engineering & Manufacturing, an engineering company in Richmond. In 2003, Grant stopped filing annual partnership returns for Grant Engineering, even though he continued to pay a CPA to prepare these returns. That same year, Grant became a member of Freedom Law School and paid thousands of dollars in yearly membership fees. While the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) attempted to collect unpaid taxes owed by Grant for 2001 and 2002, and attempted to examine Grant’s taxes for subsequent years, Grant, with the assistance of Freedom Law School and its founder, Peymon Mottahedeh, attempted to frustrate the IRS’s actions by, among other things, filing multiple and ultimately unsuccessful law suits in various jurisdictions.

quote:

Grant became a member of Freedom Law School and paid thousands of dollars in yearly membership fees.

quote:

paid thousands of dollars in yearly membership fees.

quote:

thousands of dollars

You don't need to pay your taxes, just give thousands of dollars to me instead. Some guy. Who will still take your money but who doesn't have a massive trillion dollar militarized police force to put you in prison and take all your assets to make you pay taxes anyway

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Remember when Garrison did that 'Trump is the Wizard of Oz and that's good' comic?
what changed?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

She's probably right though.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
So, these I would normally have linked last night, but I ran into an issue. Most of what I put up I grab from Gocomics.com, but when I went to get yesterday's toons last night... nothing was showing up. Every page was blank; basically only their site elements like buttons were displaying. The actual comics and the artists pictures were a single transparent pixel. I figured their image server was screwed up and I'd check back now and then, but they never showed up. Just now I poked through Chrome's Inspect tool again and found out the images were there, they just weren't being called up. So, added a little time to the process, but I have them now. Could've had them last night. Oh well.

Nick Anderson

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Bob Gorrell

Gorrell discovers The One Joke.

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco Double Feature

quote:

Who Gives a Dam: Many Democrats and RINOs are bracing for a red wave hoping that a wall of dark money will save them.

quote:

Blasting Back Worse: Biden ending Title 42 will make the already huge disaster at the border much worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stiglich really likes portraying his enemies with giant hook noses coming out of their masks

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

asks the only country where this regularly happens. Nobody knows! It's an insolvable problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh my god a cartoonist got a "little Dutch boy holding his finger in the dam" metaphor right I never thought I'd see the day

Shame his art still looks like rear end