Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

got a NG+ save up to Operation Archon so I gotta prep for the big 1v1 with Rhitatyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Get a proper axe, that didn't exist at the time :v:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I was gonna use bravura straight up but it's i80 - the replicas are i50!

also the white i48 axe was like 40k on the mb and this one I just had lyin around

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

RIP original cape westwind, beating you with no job stones was fun

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Cleretic posted:

The worst part of Sage is that its whole thing is basically being a dispenser of rapid, weak shields that you're banking on breaking, but you have to press two buttons to lay down that shield every time.

They made 'TBN: The Job', except it's worse to use than TBN itself.

Just do it prepull (and in downtime) in raids and between packs in dungeons. Both buttons are instant cast so you can do it without stopping.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I almost thought I'd be clever and log near the tribal quest start but then I remembered that's a later sub-patch.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Job changes are available. Edit: Forgot the link.

Blood Weapon: Now grants 5 stacks of the Blood Weapon effect.
Effect duration has been increased from 10 to 15 seconds.

Living Dead: The additional effect "Restores HP with each weaponskill successfully delivered or spell cast" has been added with a cure potency of 1,500.
If an amount of HP totaling your maximum HP is restored before the Walking Dead timer runs out, the effect will now change to Undead Rebirth, with a duration carried over from the time remaining for Walking Dead.
While under the effect of Undead Rebirth, most attacks will not lower your HP below 1.

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 11, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh what the hell, Overpower is not a cone attack anymore and you can no longer power up Tomahawk with Inner Release in aggro fights :eek:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Afflatus Misery is back in business

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Patch notes: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c73cd284013587066d8f9e697fab1db9f007372c

Diffs: https://www.diffchecker.com/D9XPwD2a

orcane posted:

Oh what the hell, Overpower is not a cone attack anymore and you can no longer power up Tomahawk with Inner Release in aggro fights :eek:
can't believe they would nerf warrior like this, yoship plz

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I have zero idea what those Dancer changes are. I get the Weaponskill things, but the rest? Whoosh.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Onean posted:

Perfect Balance: Can no longer be executed while under the effect of any Beast Chakra.

I'm trying to parse this, I don't pay that close attention. Does this mean you can't hit PB again before using your blitz?

Looking further, not a fan of the Summoner changes, Ifrit phase is already awkward as heck to use.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 11, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Black Stones posted:

I have zero idea what those Dancer changes are. I get the Weaponskill things, but the rest? Whoosh.

It's so that Flourish doesn't override any GCD procs you already had, which it did beforehand which meant you had to burn procs before you pressed it. Now you can press it freely.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Looks like the biggest thing that hits my jobs is that the Ruby SMN spells are slower bit hit harder. Not sure if that's a buff or a nerf.

I admit I'm disappointed Warrior didn't get any hits to its survivability. In dungeons Warrior practically obsoletes an entire other role just by existing, which is a bit much, especially as someone who mains said role.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Onean posted:

Living Dead: The additional effect "Restores HP with each weaponskill successfully delivered or spell cast" has been added with a cure potency of 1,500.
If an amount of HP totaling your maximum HP is restored before the Walking Dead timer runs out, the effect will now change to Undead Rebirth, with a duration carried over from the time remaining for Walking Dead.
While under the effect of Undead Rebirth, most attacks will not lower your HP below 1.

Other big change that's worth noting for Dark Knight is that our second hit for our AoE combo has been moved from level 72 to level 40. :woop:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Afflatus Misery once a minute that's damage neutral to using those GCDs for Glare III. Heck, the lilies themselves being up 10 seconds faster apiece. That's going to be some comfortable White Maging ahead.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Lol blm didn't get touched

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Onean posted:

1,500 sounds pretty big. Have they finally fixed Living Dead? I'm honestly afraid to touch that button on the rare occasions I tank. Only times I've ever used it I ended up dying anyway

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I for one welcome my extra healing and more flexibility on my PLD. Also no longer missing the Blade combo cause oops I forgot about Confiteor.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Perfect Balance: Can no longer be executed while under the effect of any Beast Chakra.

I'm trying to parse this, I don't pay that close attention. Does this mean you can't hit PB again before using your blitz?

Looking further, not a fan of the Summoner changes, Ifrit phase is already awkward as heck to use.

Unless I have my skills mixed up, that ability was already a 3-second cast. They just changed the recast cooldown to match and buffed its power.

I enjoy that given how nuSummoner evolves their abilities, you need a wall of notes to change a single skill.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

orcane posted:

Oh what the hell, Overpower is not a cone attack anymore

loving finally. it's the reason i always go with boring rear end pld instead of cool and handsome war

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

loving finally. it's the reason i always go with boring rear end pld instead of cool and handsome war

This is almost as big as when 6.0 gave us a gap closer we could actually use.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
does minor arcana work at squeenix??

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dragoon's Mirage Dive gets button-melded with the Jump that triggers it, that's nice QoL

Bard's Pitch Perfect gets button-melded with the song that triggers it, that one's gonna throw me for a while, I have those in completely different places.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Veotax posted:

1,500 sounds pretty big. Have they finally fixed Living Dead? I'm honestly afraid to touch that button on the rare occasions I tank. Only times I've ever used it I ended up dying anyway

Napkin math is saying that it's enough for the DRK to fix themselves (assuming they've got full uptime during the duration)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

They've completely reworked every job in PVP, so check out the job guide for your favorite jobs. They fairly dramatically cut down the buttons for every single class. Warriors even lost their rage bar!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

They've completely reworked every job in PVP, so check out the job guide for your favorite jobs. They fairly dramatically cut down the buttons for every single class. Warriors even lost their rage bar!

Limit Breaks are pretty dope now, too. Sage gets a bubble that nullifies all damage from attacks made against allies from outside the bubble, and Samurai gets a big AoE attack that's a guaranteed instakill on an unshielded target if they also use another action along with it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So, will the new reworked pvp actions apply for all pvp formats including the new payload one or is that separate again?

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Vermain posted:

Limit Breaks are pretty dope now, too. Sage gets a bubble that nullifies all damage from attacks made against allies from outside the bubble, and Samurai gets a big AoE attack that's a guaranteed instakill on an unshielded target if they also use another action along with it.

I like how everyone gets wacky MOBA ults and Machinist just gets a huge fuckoff sniper gun

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ryanbomber posted:

I like how everyone gets wacky MOBA ults and Machinist just gets a huge fuckoff sniper gun

Huge fuckoff sniper gun is a classic MOBA ultimate to be fair.

Ninja being able to chain kill entire teams is some wild nonsense.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm gonna have to re-evaluate my entire approach, since I have no idea if Bard fits my playstyle of constantly take potshots forever' anymore.

I hope whoever came up with Bard's LB name is proud of it, though.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Hogama posted:

Afflatus Misery once a minute that's damage neutral to using those GCDs for Glare III. Heck, the lilies themselves being up 10 seconds faster apiece. That's going to be some comfortable White Maging ahead.

Also a massive mana reduction across the board. Not that I had a lot of mana problems as WHM but I dropped them at 70 (for sge :smuggo: ) but I might pick them back up to see how these feel.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dragoon gets to do the thing!

I agree with Cleretic on Bard, seems interesting, but I can't tell whether it's gonna be my jam in PvP. I like that the LB charges other LB bars.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

faster Jumps for dragoons let’s go :woop:

e:

Bruceski posted:

Dragoon gets to do the thing!

drat that’s cool, might have to touch PvP for the first time in ages now

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It looks like the result of the sam changes is:

1) it's going to move upwards on the dps tier list given nearly every basic attack got buffed.
2) without crunching the numbers, I suspect fast sam is dead now that all the big hits are auto crits instead of potency boosted.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ryanbomber posted:

Based on my time in League of Legends, this is in fact a wacky MOBA ult.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Huge fuckoff sniper gun is a classic MOBA ultimate to be fair.

Ninja being able to chain kill entire teams is some wild nonsense.

e:f,b

Also Katarina.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ryanbomber posted:

i can't even begin to tell you how sad i am that MNK doesn't get lee sin's ult

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vermain posted:

i can't even begin to tell you how sad i am that MNK doesn't get lee sin's ult

Monk instead gets to tackle and grapple someone for a total beat down afterwards.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

No Dignity posted:

So, will the new reworked pvp actions apply for all pvp formats including the new payload one or is that separate again?
PvP is PvP. Abilities worked the same in Feast and Frontlines and the same will be the case for Frontlines and Crystalline Conflict.

Cleretic posted:

I'm gonna have to re-evaluate my entire approach, since I have no idea if Bard fits my playstyle of constantly take potshots forever' anymore.

I hope whoever came up with Bard's LB name is proud of it, though.
I don't think anybody has a clue what Frontlines is going to be like now. Every job got completely reworked and everyone has incredibly powerful common PvP abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
At just an incredibly quick look at my main for PvP, Paladin, the changes are fascinating and I'm looking forward to playing with them.

Old PvP:
  • Basic ST and AoE physical combos would increase your Oath Gauge.
  • Intervene (the gap closer) changed your basic combos to stronger ones that restored mana in addition to their normal effects.
  • Confiteor would consume your Oath Gauge.
  • Requiescat did more damage the lower your MP, and made your spells free.
  • Spells had 100% life steal.
  • Cover, Intervention and Hallowed Ground worked basically as they did in PvE, minus the gauge cost for the first two abilities.
  • The Tank LB was a generic damage reduction for everyone in your party in range.

New PvP:
  • There is no Oath Gauge. (All Jobs have lost their gauges in PvP.)
  • There is no basic AoE physical combo and spells are (mostly) gone too, with Requiescat following them.
  • The ST combo now grants 1 Sword Oath at the end that changes the button to a decently powerful melee attack with a self-heal. Caps at 3 stacks.
  • Shield Bash hits much harder and also gives 1 Sword Oath. It still stuns.
  • Intervene now also stuns and gives a stack of Sword Oath. It has 2 charges.
  • Confiteor now applies a debuff to the people it hits (still AoE) that heals you whenever you hit them for 10 seconds. (Maybe this applies to your allies too? It's not clear, and seems really strong so probably not.) It has a 20 second cooldown.
  • Guardian replaces Intervention and Cover. You charge to an ally (still 10y range, sadly) and take all damage they would have taken for 10 seconds.
  • Holy Sheltron is new. It reduces damage taken by 10%, and shields you for 12,000 potency. If the shield isn't broken in 5 seconds, it explodes for 2,000 + 50% of the remaining potency to all nearby enemies.
  • The Limit Break is Phalanx. You gain Hallowed Ground, while all nearby party members take 50% less damage for 10 seconds. It also enables the Blade spell combo.
  • Each Blade spell already hits decently (4,000, 6,000, 8,000, all also AoE), but they also hit 50% harder if any enemy has the healing debuff from Confiteor. These spells also apply this debuff.

They removed the Resistance effect, which would automatically make you immune to a status effect for a few seconds after it wore off. In return, every Job now has Purify, which will remove most statuses and makes you immune to them for 5 seconds.

As a Paladin, we now have 3 stuns, two for 2 seconds and one for 3 seconds.

(The rest is all fairly speculative. I play a bunch of Frontlines but have never touched the Feast, so my read on these new abilities may be off. If someone more experienced says I'm probably wrong, they're probably right.)

The addition of some decent spike damage with three stacks of Sword Oath (most of which come from something that also stuns) or the Blade combo also improves our ability to actually finish a target off, instead of setting them up for someone else to finish off.

We are significantly melee focused now, though, since we no longer have our Shield Lob and spells. It's going to be a bit harder to contribute in the big mobs of Frontlines. At least Holy Sheltron has a 20 second cooldown, so we can dive fairly safely with some regularity.