Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Chas McGill posted:

It's perfect for JRPGs. Theres something so chill about playing them wherever. I'm never in the mood to sit at the pc and play them after work etc. How much battery life are you getting when playing Arise?

When I've got it running at 60fps it gulps down power as fast as possible, so around 1:30. If I lower the settings and lock to 30 it goes much longer closer to 3-4 hours. If you add a power bank you could probably get 8 hours. But Tales is a thirsty game.

Some other games that I play regularly like Sky Rogue will do 6 hours on the internal battery and more than 15 with the power bank added. I could probably get 20 hours out of something like of Caves of Qud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

PowerBeard posted:

Yeah, it's about 3 days to process the payment and the a day to get shipping sorted. From there you're on your own, pray you don't get a lovely delivery company.

Good to know. Fingers crossed. I'll be watching my emails and front door like a hawk.

Now that I've gotten the payment done it's starting to feel real and I'm paying closer attention to what games are fit for steam deck.

chainchompz fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 10, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is there no way to see if a game is deck verified or will run on the deck in steam? I was thinking about picking up CoD:IW on sale.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MarcusSA posted:

Is there no way to see if a game is deck verified or will run on the deck in steam? I was thinking about picking up CoD:IW on sale.

Just go to a game's store page and scroll down a bit. There's a spot for Deck compatibility (which by the way, IW is verified).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they also added Steam Deck compatibility in tag search in the client. it's kind of useful because stuff has shown up that has NOT been in the SteamDB compatibility listings

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ah ok thanks! I didn’t scroll far down enough.

I figured they’d have the marker in with the controller and cloud stuff.

Also maybe I’m blind but I didn’t see the same tag for days gone? (This is on the mobile app)

Oh nice you can filter by deck certified in the search too

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 10, 2022

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
There's also here:

https://store.steampowered.com/greatondeck/

Unrelated Edit: Halo Wars is 5 bucks right now. It's probably the only RTS that will work well on the deck.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 10, 2022

Leldorion
Jan 26, 2007
I find the proton database to be more helpful generally. It has a seperate tag for deck verified stuff and is just more informative. Here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good luck, everyone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good luck, everyone.

I have a feeling that stupid fuckin website is right and I’ve got one more week.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

I have a feeling that stupid fuckin website is right and I’ve got one more week.

If it makes you feel any better, I know that I won't be getting an email this week either.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Make that a third Q2 goon who knows the unfortunate reality of this week.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Apparently the e-mails went out a little early this week, because I just received mine.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Just got the email and went thru purchase process. 512 and order time was 12:07 on Jul 16.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am shocked I didn’t get my email!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

let's go thursday!!!!

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

I got my email but seems like steam is getting hammered so it's stuck pending

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm still waiting for my RMA replacement to be shipped :smith: another couple of days and it'll be 2 weeks and I'll bug them again. Hopefully posting this causes a quantum fluctuation that causes it to be sent riiiiiiight about now.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

LIES!!!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mozi posted:

I'm still waiting for my RMA replacement to be shipped :smith: another couple of days and it'll be 2 weeks and I'll bug them again. Hopefully posting this causes a quantum fluctuation that causes it to be sent riiiiiiight about now.

Same, mine got back to Valve's warehouse on March 30th and they closed my support ticket a little while later. Opened a new one asking what happened, was told that my return had been received but not processed for some reason and they would look into it. Nothing yet, I'll chase up later in the week if nothing happens.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Q2er with no email again...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think the queue stopped within my minute but short of my order :(

XX:22 is where the 256GB queue stopped, partway through. i'm at XX:22:41 and either my email is very late or I'm waiting until thursday

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 11, 2022

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Syves posted:

Just got the email and went thru purchase process. 512 and order time was 12:07 on Jul 16.
Seems like :12 after is in the cutoff range for the 512 US orders looking at different posts on Reddit.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Are you guys going by when the email from Valve was received, or the 'Date Issued' field in the reservation email? I have 'Jul 16, 2021 @10:09 PDT' for my 512 reservation, and no email yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bone Crimes posted:

Are you guys going by when the email from Valve was received, or the 'Date Issued' field in the reservation email? I have 'Jul 16, 2021 @10:09 PDT' for my 512 reservation, and no email yet.

Pretty sure they are using the web app that pulls the time the order was actually confirmed.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
I'm looking at my account details>purchase history and clicking on the reservation there. So I suppose my time would be 10:07 Pacific, since I ordered from Central.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Syves posted:

I'm looking at my account details>purchase history and clicking on the reservation there. So I suppose my time would be 10:07 Pacific, since I ordered from Central.
I'm not quite sure if that is accurate (in regards to actual reservation time). People have been pulling the Unix timecode numbers which seem to correspond most accurately.
Like I made sure to mash that order button over and over and refresh etc. at the start of the hour and eventually it went through at what I thought was like 15 minutes in, but according to the Unix time I'm sitting at 25 minutes in.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Syves posted:

Ah, yeah I just checked and it shows the same time as the 'Date Issued' time from the email. I guess I just gotta wait more :/

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Still waiting on shipping details but payment went through right away last week. I'm probably going to give myself a conniption fit refreshing emails for confirmation on shipping and all that, but I live on a rough block and will need to schedule a day off for the delivery or it will get stolen.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The 7th Guest posted:

i think the queue stopped within my minute but short of my order :(

XX:22 is where the 256GB queue stopped, partway through. i'm at XX:22:41 and either my email is very late or I'm waiting until thursday

Doh, I'm '25

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
512GB in NA booked at 12:31 EST, estimate says I should get the email on May 16. I'm hoping just like everyone else that the Thursday shipments help accelerate the process, but who knows at this point.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
latest orders in this table with a calculated time difference from the last batch can give you a rough indication on order fulfillment time: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/u1bojq/order_email_megathread_04112022/i4bcz7z/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I'm 99% certain that proton and/or shader updates are improving performance in certain games. It's not uniform across the board, but there are definitely games that were running at a non-smooth 60fps which are now very smooth. It's hard to explain, but there are some games that are running at 60 fps according to the counter but don't look or feel like 60 fps and a bunch of them have "cleared up" or however you want to describe it.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

BTW, Deck owners, if you get a little thing asking you to give feedback, please engage with that, with both positive and negative feedback. It helps inform what games people are interested in, and also gives info on what parts of the verification process are working well or could be improved. It's really useful feedback.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve heard that they actually listen to the feedback and you could see features added quickly. Unlike other companies that you might see the feature added months / years down the line.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Right as I posted about it here I got shipping details sent my way. Now to keep waiting.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Veotax posted:

Same, mine got back to Valve's warehouse on March 30th and they closed my support ticket a little while later. Opened a new one asking what happened, was told that my return had been received but not processed for some reason and they would look into it. Nothing yet, I'll chase up later in the week if nothing happens.

Mine was shipped out last night! Any luck on your end?

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
My order still says "processing"... wonder if I should be concerned or not.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Syves posted:

My order still says "processing"... wonder if I should be concerned or not.

You have 24 hours to cancel the purchase or change the shipping address. It won't change to preparing to ship until after that time has passed and it won't change to shipped until tomorrow after they generate a label/tracking number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Thanks. Never sure if my bank is pulling some shenanigans again or not.