Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It stinks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Lots of folks just unhappy with the loss of Kaiten and its accompanying animation. It's always a sad day when an animation dies.

I'm still hoping they'll one day give MCH reload back with it's satisfying sound effect and custom animation for the Revolver of the Wanderer.

If I were director for a day I'd just have unused action animations be reskins for current ones

Like reload could just be an alternate animation setting for Reassemble

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tamba posted:

BLM had 48000, WHM and RDM had 51000, tanks had 60000

Nice, so MCH will be able to two tap lots of people who press Guard after getting blasted with Spite using Analysis Drill

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zomborgon posted:

If I were director for a day I'd just have unused action animations be reskins for current ones

Like reload could just be an alternate animation setting for Reassemble

There's a mod that lets you assign animations - including most now removed ones - to other abilities and it's cool for stuff like that. Or replacing Fell Cleave with Scattergun.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

How does the 5 second DoT portion of the Sage LB work?
Is it one tick at 0s, one at 3s and then the last two seconds are just wasted?

e: I guess it refreshes, if you keeps standing in it, like the Astro bubble and then you get an extra 5 seconds at the end??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ey9tEPyTQ

A strange British man engages in some market PVP on Primal.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

Grants the effect of Living Dead.
When HP is reduced to 0 while under the effect of Living Dead, instead of becoming KO'd, your status will change to Walking Dead.
Living Dead Duration: 10s
Additional Effect: Restores HP with each weaponskill successfully delivered or spell cast
Cure Potency: 1500
While under the effect of Walking Dead, most attacks will not lower your HP below 1. If, before the Walking Dead timer runs out, an amount of HP totaling your maximum HP is restored, the effect will change to Undead Rebirth. If this amount is not restored, you will be KO'd.
Walking Dead Duration: 10s
While under the effect of Undead Rebirth, most attacks will not lower your HP below 1.
Undead Rebirth Duration: Time remaining on Walking Dead

Does this mean the heal portion is only during the living dead state and not during the walking dead state? That seems backwards if anything

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tamba posted:

e: I guess it refreshes, if you keeps standing in it, like the Astro bubble and then you get an extra 5 seconds at the end??

I just assume any dots/hots that have durations not divisible by three operate under Flamethrower rules and tics every second instead.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Does this mean the heal portion is only during the living dead state and not during the walking dead state? That seems backwards if anything

It means that if Living Dead is triggered and you immediately get a benzo, the LD effect lasts the full duration instead of ending early.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think it's just a tooltip issue, putting the self heal after Living Dead and not Walking Dead.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tamba posted:

Yeah I think the way it works is that the Mesotes circle continuously applies Lype if you're standing in it, which has a 5s duration (constantly being refreshed as long as you stand in an active Mesotes circle).

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's not like FC houses are big slabs of brutalist architecture,

I wish

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Not sure why he keeps talking about this being an exploit when the only thing he's exploiting is people being too lazy to check prices on other servers

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

It's because the dude runs a very long and tired series on supposed game exploits that mostly consist of doing one thing for way longer than it's actually worth it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not going to click on the clickbait, but arbitrage is a thing in basically every MMO ever so I'm not sure what is so broken about it. If anything it's less of a factor in 14 due to the fairly limited amount of auctions you can post

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tamba posted:

Not sure why he keeps talking about this being an exploit when the only thing he's exploiting is people being too lazy to check prices on other servers

in games or real life moneybros usually use words they don't understand because it makes them seem cooler instead of calling themselves a reseller

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

frosteh posted:

I feel your pain. I literally only need Cinder Surprise and I will finally have that drat title. I'm something like 0/10 on it with bites and no catches.

I am 0/30 something now, I've seen almost every cinder surprise possible over the last year and I want to loving die. I hate this dumb, not chocolate egg!!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Lots of folks just unhappy with the loss of Kaiten and its accompanying animation. It's always a sad day when an animation dies.

Yeah I don't get it, it was a mediocre animation and a no thought button that I was hoping they would cut in the lead up to Endwalker but dang are people on the OF mad about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Auto-crits are way cooler cause seeing the number text become huge makes my endorphins go crazy.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's not the first button I wanted cut but it's such a non-issue to the playstyle and at worst raises the floor a tiny amount.

RIP Kaiten. He never scored.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah I don't get it, it was a mediocre animation and a no thought button that I was hoping they would cut in the lead up to Endwalker but dang are people on the OF mad about it.

It was good and now you basically don't even have to care about your meter usage at all.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
It's like those people reselling dyes on the mb acting like they're pulling one over on me when in reality I don't want to bother having to load another zone to save 3k gil.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

It wasn't a particularly flashy animation, but when combined with Iaijutsu looked really natural. You'd come out of your sen combo, do your Anakin vs. Obiwan spin, then enter the Iaijutsu animation.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was good and now you basically don't even have to care about your meter usage at all.

I haven't maxed out my SAM yet, but where I am right now its still a pretty no-thought gameplay loop. You get enough kenki from each step in your single-target combo that you use your OGCD spender after each step except the final one, which gives you just enough to hit kaiten before Iaijutsu.

AOE isn't as generous, but I haven't really checked the math on what OGCD spacing is there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fister Roboto posted:

Claimed you could do it on a free trial, said Famfrit was PvP-focused, and credited that for the demand while upselling raid food and gardening fish.

Not saying that's a counterpoint, just some interesting context into how much one needs to understand a system to exploit it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Fister Roboto posted:

He should give a breakdown of how much he made arbitrating low level items and how much he made piggybacking off his mate who actually knew what he was doing by buying out items with a high demand and limited supply.

Those are two very different things.

Anyway i don't think it's that people don't realise you can server hop, it's just not worth the effort to go through that horrible process for the sake of a 200g fish.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

So I haven't played my SAM that much, but don't these changes mean that DNC won't bother with Closed on SAM if there's another option? Why buff crit chance if all the big hits auto-crit. I'll have to play a bit but I don't think I really like these changes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

As a dancer I partner whatever DPS has the coolest glam.

It’s rarely Samurai.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
3 or 4 whole GCDs in that burst window might be auto crit, negating part of Devilment's contribution over 20 seconds. Let's ignore the fact that the Samurai probably benefits more overall Standard Step's buff than the others.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CJ posted:

He should give a breakdown of how much he made arbitrating low level items and how much he made piggybacking off his mate who actually knew what he was doing by buying out items with a high demand and limited supply.

Those are two very different things.

Anyway i don't think it's that people don't realise you can server hop, it's just not worth the effort to go through that horrible process for the sake of a 200g fish.

Only time I've done it is when getting big-money items like rare mats for glams. When you've decided to spend half a mil buying Indigo Cloth for a one-off Risky Business gag, it's worth it to see if you can spend 300k instead.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Only time I've done it is when getting big-money items like rare mats for glams. When you've decided to spend half a mil buying Indigo Cloth for a one-off Risky Business gag, it's worth it to see if you can spend 300k instead.

Yeah, same. I’m not going to sweat 3k gil, I only start getting willing to travel when the price tag climbs to 100k and up. Players that are wealthier than me probably wouldn’t even sweat until the purchase gets closer to 300k as well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah, same. I’m not going to sweat 3k gil, I only start getting willing to travel when the price tag climbs to 100k and up. Players that are wealthier than me probably wouldn’t even sweat until the purchase gets closer to 300k as well.

I'm up to 45m now (I've had some lucky drops in Eureka, a three-line catbook, stuff like that, but probably half of it has just collected over time) and since I'm no longer allowed to buy the house I was watching, I got nothing else to do with it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The other thing to keep in mind is the RMT price of gil was $1 = 1mil g last i checked. The guy was arbitrating at the equivalent of $1.30 an hour.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just getting home, is the patch already available to pre-download, or not until tomorrow?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was bad and the meter math doesn't really change. Prior to this all you had to do was not spend kenki until 35 and you'd never miss a kaiten. Now you... still pretty much want to do that, but just so you can keep 10 around for mobility skills. It's changed basically nothing about you play with the meter. This does have the side effect of making the 50-62 level range not feel lovely too, since you couldn't generate enough kenki to kaiten everything in your opener.

squirrelzipper posted:

So I haven't played my SAM that much, but don't these changes mean that DNC won't bother with Closed on SAM if there's another option? Why buff crit chance if all the big hits auto-crit. I'll have to play a bit but I don't think I really like these changes.

Technically yes I guess but in almost all real world situations this isn't going to make a difference.

Edit: To elaborate a bit more on this, the answer to who to dance partner is always going to be whoever is dealing the most damage. In a situation where you have a samurai and another dps doing approximately the same the dps then yeah, this now means you would dance the other for more net dps. But 2 things:

1. This almost never happens, at least in pugs.
2. This level of min-maxing is utterly meaningless outside of parse clears, it's a couple hundred dps at most.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 11, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Just getting home, is the patch already available to pre-download, or not until tomorrow?
They're putting off the pre-load as long as possible to minimize the time datamining information is in the wild.
(Also because they're probably doing as much back-end work as possible before opening themselves to natural ddos-ing as everybody tries downloading the patch simultaneously but that's the more boring explanation.)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bruceski posted:

I'm up to 45m now (I've had some lucky drops in Eureka, a three-line catbook, stuff like that, but probably half of it has just collected over time) and since I'm no longer allowed to buy the house I was watching, I got nothing else to do with it.

You could buy the gold serpent of Ronka mount from Eulmore for 25 mil.

Or get one of those pink trees that are still tradeable and are often listed for tens of millions.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

squirrelzipper posted:

As some guy on 5ch put it: "Thank you for being my synergy onahole up until now Samurais."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CJ posted:

As some guy on 5ch put it: "Thank you for being my synergy onahole up until now Samurais."

Love to hear what they're saying on 5ch

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CJ posted:

As some guy on 5ch put it

Well this explains a lot about you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

CJ posted:

Have you done your job quests yet you weirdo.