Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

squirrelzipper posted:

So I haven't played my SAM that much, but don't these changes mean that DNC won't bother with Closed on SAM if there's another option? Why buff crit chance if all the big hits auto-crit. I'll have to play a bit but I don't think I really like these changes.
My guess is that the partner priority goes from "SAM is the best choice" to "SAM is probably still the best choice but MNK, RPR, and NIN aren't that far behind anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dr Pepper posted:

Have you done your job quests yet you weirdo.

I've been trying to catch up on the Endwalker role quests for the 6.1 capstone questline. I've fallen behind on Monk though from doing MSQ and PvP dailies so i need to do the Heavenward questline to catch up before i take it back into dungeons. In the meantime i'm doing the dungeon dailies on Samurai.

Is the final role quest available tomorrow or is that in a later patch?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I liked Kaiten and am sad it's gone but the other Samurai changes are kinda baffling. A massive decrease in burst windows and potency per kenki in exchange for more filler GCD damage is a weird choice and makes the job less interesting.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The iaijutsu animation looks really bad when you don't clip kaiten into it. There's some glows that start before the actual sheath and it's just kind of slow and low energy.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

WrightOfWay posted:

I liked Kaiten and am sad it's gone but the other Samurai changes are kinda baffling. A massive decrease in burst windows and potency per kenki in exchange for more filler GCD damage is a weird choice and makes the job less interesting.

I don't raid on Samurai, but is it a concern that with the auto crits their damage spike is too high in burst windows with raid buffs? Also without Kaiten it would be easier to pool kenki for the burst window as well.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah that's literally their stated reasoning. Samurai performance swings too heavily based on their burst crit, and they wanted to normalize it some.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

WrightOfWay posted:

Does it actually math out to a massive decrease though

The absolute biggest hit you could land will be less than it was pre-patch, sure, but you're never going to get those frustrating no-crit burst phases again either.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah that's literally their stated reasoning. Samurai performance swings too heavily based on their burst crit, and they wanted to normalize it some.

Weird that they felt no need to do the same for dancer, whose parses are hugely dependent on tech step crits.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I was a little apprehensive when the NIN changes were announced, but I’m really happy with them. The opener doesn’t really change, you were popping Mug about a GCD before Trick anyways. Sure, my allotment of free rDPS is halved, but that’s not something you really feel in the moment, and personal DPS is boosted to compensate! Also I don’t have to try and creep forward to land Doton anymore.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I'm up to 45m now (I've had some lucky drops in Eureka, a three-line catbook, stuff like that, but probably half of it has just collected over time) and since I'm no longer allowed to buy the house I was watching, I got nothing else to do with it.

I'm curious, as someone who enjoyed Eureka (playing through it just before EW at least, I wasn't around when it was current) and is considering getting a second Eureka weapon, what tend to be the big ticket Eureka items on the MB?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DanielCross posted:

I'm curious, as someone who enjoyed Eureka (playing through it just before EW at least, I wasn't around when it was current) and is considering getting a second Eureka weapon, what tend to be the big ticket Eureka items on the MB?

Cassie Earring and the Speed Ring are usually the big ones. Boutique Batiste is also currently going for a goodly sum on most servers, since the shirt made from it had the genderlock removed this patch. Bunny Chests are also pretty decent gil in general, with the only restriction normally being that it's a bit tedious to do.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

DanielCross posted:

eldthurs mount (pyros bunnies), petrel mount (hydatos bunnies)
rare drop items required to gain the extra magicite - Lamebrix's Dice, Ying-Yang's Tissue, Skoll's Claw in pyros, Molech's Horn, Goldemar's Horn, Ceto's Claw in hydatos.
blitzring, rare drop from crab in pagos
cassie's earring, rare drop from cassie in pagos

curative logograms are 1k/pop
offensive logograms are 3k/pop
mitigative logograms are 5k/pop
obscure logograms are 10k/pop
protective logograms are 13k/pop

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

DanielCross posted:

Mostly stuff from bunny fates and mutation lockboxes- mounts, hairstyles, emotes, etc. I guess if you run BA all the time you can sell the stuff for the kirin's osode too

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Thundarr posted:

The absolute biggest hit you could land will be less than it was pre-patch, sure, but you're never going to get those frustrating no-crit burst phases again either.

It's not a decrease on its own, but it is a decrease if you play with any job with crit party buffs which is what I think is the super lame part of it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mainwaring posted:

Weird that they felt no need to do the same for dancer, whose parses are hugely dependent on tech step crits.

That's because dancer is a support focused ranged dps who's constant buffing others' dps and not the melee equivalent of black mage. More leeway on DNCs is fine because you're also making the heavy dps classes do more.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Thundarr posted:

It's a very small decrease on it's own assuming you don't pool kenki or crit any of the 5 Midare/Tsubame/Namikiris, in which case it's a bit larger of a decrease. Considering the slow SAM BIS has a 25% crit rate, that's fairly unlikely, and massively unlikely if you have any crit buffs. It's actually closer than I thought in a non-crit comp, though it really sucks with one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DanielCross posted:

In my case it was one of the eyes for the optical hat (lucky bunny chest) and one of the items for expanding the inventory (Skol's claw I think?) Anything a fate boss drops will usually sell, at least it did a year ago.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/roefizzlebeef/status/1513651772581154826?s=20&t=Dri-d9r0CHKhVtN2rSHNuA

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what's the go-to community for pvp stuff now? i'm probably gonna play a good chunk at least for a bit and i'd like to see what's up

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

RIP to anyone hoping for meaningful MCH buffs, with those little potency increases, I think someone mathed it out to... a 2.39% dps increase. Still rock bottom DPS

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Countblanc posted:

what's the go-to community for pvp stuff now? i'm probably gonna play a good chunk at least for a bit and i'd like to see what's up

The only one i know of is the Revival discord.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A Moose posted:

RIP to anyone hoping for meaningful MCH buffs, with those little potency increases, I think someone mathed it out to... a 2.39% dps increase. Still rock bottom DPS

yeah i saw that and was pretty disappointed. a no-strings buff is still welcome since i wasn't struggling to clear DPS checks but as someone who picked up rdps for the first time in EW I gotta say the ranged tax is feeling more and more absurd for MCH

CJ posted:

The only one i know of is the Revival discord.

makes sense

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A Moose posted:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I suppose they justify it by MCH being really really easy to play, so a bad MCH will do more dps than a bad BLM or whatever

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mainwaring posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Let the crits crit imo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A Moose posted:

Yeah... yeah. :smith:

At least DNC is fun and the gear is 1:1, aside from weapon.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

But gosh does Dancer feel good when everything crits

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

A Moose posted:

I suppose they justify it by MCH being really really easy to play, so a bad MCH will do more dps than a bad BLM or whatever

MCH has always been more about using a small amount of buttons REALLY HARD, and being more time-intensive than any other job. I wouldn't call that easy, just a different type of hard.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

A Moose posted:

Is it? BLM rotation is basically braindead once it gets rolling, the difficulty is all in other things. And that's before you bring in SMN, which basically doesn't even have cast times!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Bad BLMs are like MCH autoattack level, and if you haven't seen that in pf or df I don't believe you.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 12, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i don't think i've seen any blms in pf. the class seems abandoned by the wider playerbase.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

BLM is the best class so it makes sense that only the highest tier of loving idiots like myself choose to play as one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I've got one guy in my Sunday groups who plays BLM. His main mechanic seems to be complaining about it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Countblanc posted:

i don't think i've seen any blms in pf. the class seems abandoned by the wider playerbase.

All the reddit memes might make more than a few people nervous about joining a pug group

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

TheWorldsaStage posted:

But gosh does Dancer feel good when everything crits

It sure is! And then everybody else catches up to you after your opener anyway. :smith:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Since I always bring BLM to party finder groups I actually have no idea what other PF BLMs are like except very occasionally in "we're just getting our feet wet" learning parties.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Look, MCH is arguably the best class for PotD solo, and that's why they need to be terrible in 8 man content.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Does BLM's rotation still change radically at different level ranges? I never really tried it to know how much truth there was to that but people sure said it a lot, enough to scare me away and probably many others too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Any attempt to say BLM and MCH are on the same level is dumb.

BLM has a very easy rotation but has a lot of long casts that mean if you mess up you're losing a GCD or more. You have a lot of tools to mitigate that which mean that a well-played BLM effectively doesn't have a serious drawback but that's the key there. A BLM who knows when to use their instacasts and knows how to position properly is going to be very very effective because the challenge with BLM isn't memorizing your rotation, it is knowing when to use your resources.

MCH does not have that drawback. There is optimization and room to improve for certain but their base floor is much much higher than BLM because they have free movement at all times. Any given BLM has to both know how to clear mechanics AND how to make sure they can keep attack while doing that, a MCH just has to do the latter.