Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Morbius is one of the most cucked characters that's ever been on-screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
What's his snail collection like?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Farg posted:

it's a book review podcast apparently

who has time to read when there are endless hours of podcasts talking about movies I've already seen

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who is hosting it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Farg posted:

it's a book review podcast apparently

drat that's flagrant

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. Who’s on the book show? The episode of Competitive Literature that Sean and Hayes did for The Secret History was very funny and good.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Franchescanado posted:

Oh poo poo. Who’s on the book show? The episode of Competitive Literature that Sean and Hayes did for The Secret History was very funny and good.

supposedly the whole crew + some lady who's name I didn't recognize

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I read the first law books cause sean rec them on a podcast, I liked those

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I remember Hayes once mentioning Convenience Store Woman as one of his favorite books of whatever year it came out. He is a man of good taste.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I had to shut off the latest Carl Calls His Cousin about halfway through when Ahsohn starts going off about how Will Smith was just defending his woman.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Matt Gourley trying to do an Irish accent with a lisp is certainly a choice.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Matt Gourley trying to do an Irish accent with a lisp is certainly a choice.

It's not too far off of the voice he used in Kiss Me I'm Patrick McMahon, I think it just stands out more because it's not live and he's a bigger part of the show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The varied and terrible accents of Kiss Me are a huge part of the draw of one of the greatest podcast episodes of all time.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I had to shut off the latest Carl Calls His Cousin about halfway through when Ahsohn starts going off about how Will Smith was just defending his woman.

Really?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Gourley gets so tongue tied just doing any single character frequently I was amazed him doing the Irish lisp and cowboy voice went as smooth as it did. I’ll assume superego level editing was involved

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

I think his opinion was wacky and chose not to listen any longer.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

0konner posted:

Gourley gets so tongue tied just doing any single character frequently I was amazed him doing the Irish lisp and cowboy voice went as smooth as it did. I’ll assume superego level editing was involved

I swear I heard Daily slip in to his British/royal watcher voice for a quick second.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

dang RIP to andy leaving the flagrant ones

must have something big lined up to give up his $500k a year

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
new flagrant podcast is out. some sort of music podcast

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

andy finally moving up to the flagrant 2

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Andy is replacing Bob Chapek

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I swear I heard Daily slip in to his British/royal watcher voice for a quick second.

There was definitely at least one point where he did Dalton's voice with Patrick's accent. I think he says "yeah that's right" and then realized immediately what he did. They both did pretty well though overall.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

SpacePig posted:

There was definitely at least one point where he did Dalton's voice with Patrick's accent. I think he says "yeah that's right" and then realized immediately what he did. They both did pretty well though overall.
Oh ya, impressive as hell. It was in a super chaotic moment too, just the subtleties you pick up on listening to like 100 hours of Andy Daily content.

But Bonanza is slowly becoming my favorite part of CBB World. Heck, I'm even listening to CBB again, the backyard era/going independent has definitely pepped up the show a bit. And I also binged We Gotta Stop Talking TMNT after loving Scott Hasn't Seen so much, that was also a surprising delight. Worth every $.

kneisage
Jan 4, 2006
I got a new job portraying Baby Yoda's funny uncle

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

kneisage posted:

good luck with whatever it is!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

kneisage posted:

Congrats on being the new producer for the Joe Rogan Experience! Big step up

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Kirby, the pink gently caress who loves to suck!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

0konner posted:

I think that's part of the bit....which I think is great.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

I really miss 'Hard Nation'. It was a brilliant satire back years ago when it existed. Feel like it would be even better today as the political rift continues to drift. Sean and Hayes on the show as Ken Bones's relatives (Dog Bone and Dinosaur Bone) is still one of my favorite single podcasts of all time. Paul Welsh commenting on Sean's cool electronic Myspace music (killer beats) with "Now, you know that's not good, right?"......busts my whole rear end up every time.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I really miss 'Hard Nation'. It was a brilliant satire back years ago when it existed. Feel like it would be even better today as the political rift continues to drift. Sean and Hayes on the show as Ken Bones's relatives (Dog Bone and Dinosaur Bone) is still one of my favorite single podcasts of all time. Paul Welsh commenting on Sean's cool electronic Myspace music (killer beats) with "Now, you know that's not good, right?"......busts my whole rear end up every time.

im a big fan of chris christie goes to the beach

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Also....I really hope they stop adding to The Flagrant Ones patreon. I feel like with Carl bringing Ahsohn on board for 'Carl Calls His Cousin'....and now Ahsohn starting this 'Never Heard of Them' podcast with new dude.....that this is beginning to spiral outwards. 'Carl Calls His Cousin' is fine. But I'm not a subscriber for that pod. And 'Never Heard of Them' has hardly grabbed my attention in the first couple episodes. I amy not listen to this one at all. I subscribe first and foremost....for Hollywood Handbook (inc. Pro Version & Masterclass). Flagrant Ones is great too. But I feel like the addition of content is going to lead to higher patreon costs. Hell....The Flagrant Ones patreon alone costs more per year than Stitcher Premium did a few years back.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

rename it Comedy Bang Bang World 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Where is the mythical flagrant book podcast people were talking about

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The Big Grande episode was also fantastic (Inauguration special)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

rename it Comedy Bang Bang World 2

:hai:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you are either part of cowboy tv nation, or you are another thing

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Where is the mythical flagrant book podcast people were talking about

i lied for no reason

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Snooze Cruise posted:

you are either part of cowboy tv nation, or you are another thing

I know I like toasting a mershmallow on the old cowboy TV, and like Hayes, I love a specific line from the Dire Straits song Money for Nothing

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i just archive never heard of them. takes less than a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Farg posted:

i lied for no reason

worth it