Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The whole NFT thing for games is really dumb, because we already have the functionality they provide. Warhammer 2 recognizing your dlc for Warhammer 1 is an example of this. We can accomplish essentially all of the functionality with basic stuff like accounts. No need to get the blockchain involved.

The only thing NFT's might theoretically permit is letting you transfer "ownership" of the dlc to someone else, but this would require that the corporations actually honor the transfer. There's nothing that requires them to do so. It would have to be voluntary, at which point why bother with NFTs because if the corporation is ok with you transferring ownership of your digital asset, they could just use existing technologies to do so, like when you transfer a steam trading card to someone. No need for the blockchain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Can we maybe wait until there's any indication NFTs are coming to the game to turn the thread into an NFT thread? I get why people are concerned, but seeing the same standard 'NFT bad' takes (which I agree with) in threads for games that don't have NFTs gets old. If they announce anything, by all means crucify them then.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I know bitching about it doesn't actually do anything, but the problem with these things is that by the time they get implemented, it's usually too late and the ship is already sinking by that point. See Ubisoft & Ghost Recon.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Can we maybe wait until there's any indication NFTs are coming to the game to turn the thread into an NFT thread? I get why people are concerned, but seeing the same standard 'NFT bad' takes (which I agree with) in threads for games that don't have NFTs gets old. If they announce anything, by all means crucify them then.

Lol this thread is usually only about the actual game maybe 20% of the time

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

The code is already done, in the blockchain. Its why they're so revolutionary, you just plug them right into the game, and you're ready to go

At this point the sarcasm about NFTs are indistinguishable from earnest posts about them.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Can we please stay on topic?

Now, the thing about Age of Sigmar is

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DaysBefore posted:

Age of Sigmar doesn’t have the Bringer of Tod

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

DaysBefore posted:

absolutely going to be the next Total War game before 40k Total War.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Not true because GW are fascists and are cancelled there was a Nazi at a tournament

e: I love the thread. Most of my medieval history knowledge comes from here

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 11, 2022

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Given all the ranged unit spam Edward III must have been playing on Legendary Difficulty

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Twig i can't search ya posts for that nurgle strat can you link it or post a summary?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Hello my name is Hurgleblurgesplortz and I'm here to talk to you about the blessings of Papa Nurgle. Excuse my projectile vomiting.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

We don't have to talk about this, not when S.F.O just came out!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SFO is out? That was quick

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

jokes posted:

Age of Sigmar doesn’t have the Bringer of Tod
One thing I did not expect was liking Toddy even more after playing as Skrag.

He's all, Karl Franz, gently caress that guy, this cannibalistic body horror monster is my new best friend!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Todbringer is great because I always like to use Just Some Guy as my main non-Franz Lord and if I can do it early, Todbringer is my first pick. He’s just some guy, missing an eye, looking to make beastmen cry.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Is it just me or does the game mess with the direction of the overworld camera way more often than WHII? Seems like every turn or two the camera is facing the wrong way and I get all confused until I turn it back north or hit the End key to reset it. I wish there was a mod that would make it automatically point north again after every turn or whatever.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Are you playing multiplayer? Whenever it zooms you to something another player is doing it likes to swivel your camera for no reason at all.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arghy posted:

Twig i can't search ya posts for that nurgle strat can you link it or post a summary?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3993361&pagenumber=94&perpage=40#post521927891

Just spam pox till you get green pox and yeah you can get tier V super fast.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Carcer posted:

Are you playing multiplayer? Whenever it zooms you to something another player is doing it likes to swivel your camera for no reason at all.

Yeah I guess it's mostly in multiplayer

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love a Greenskin unit called the Blokkchainz which is just a grumpgrong whiping big chains around left and right and sowing mayhem

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Bloodmoons selling ‘Unique’ Teef with QR codes etched into each tooth

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ritz On Toppa Ritz posted:

Bloodmoons selling ‘Unique’ Teef with QR codes etched into each tooth

Part of their Pump-And-Krump scheme.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd love to see a big list of mods that improve the game but let me get cheevos.

I like the dopamine rush of getting an achievement.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

All of them do

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
One of the best things TWW does is that nothing disables achievements.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Though its probably possible to break things enough that an achievement doesn't fire depending on exactly how the triggers were setup

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kanos posted:

In fact at launch, sometimes not even failing to fulfill the conditions of the achievements could prevent you from getting it.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Kanos posted:

TW2 wasn't like that, i got over 1k hours in it but almost no achievements because i used mods from day 1.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh that's still in, I just got the "win a battle outnumbered 10 to 1" cheevo, while only being outnumbered 2:1. I was fighting dorfs as Kugath, so it genuinely was a bit dicey, but I have no idea how the game misread that situation. It was a quest battle; maybe their reinforcements got counted more than once somehow.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arghy posted:

TW2 wasn't like that, i got over 1k hours in it but almost no achievements because i used mods from day 1.

no arghy

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Arghy posted:

You must play the game in a majorly weird way because I also used mods from day 1 and got heaps of cheevos. How'd you keep all your heroes under level 20?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I have 956 hours in TW2 and only 32% of the achievements unlocked and looking at them i know i've definitely done the ones that are locked. I don't have dawi dominance unlocked which is impossible i've completed at least 3 dawi campaigns.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kanos posted:

Oh drat.

Arghy posted:

I have 956 hours in TW2 and only 32% of the achievements unlocked and looking at them i know i've definitely done the ones that are locked. I don't have dawi dominance unlocked which is impossible i've completed at least 3 dawi campaigns.

Oh drat.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arghy posted:

looks like you played wrong sorry

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Arghy posted:

I don't know what to tell you because it's 100% documented that you can get achievements while playing modded, and it's still true in TWW3.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Arghy posted:

Are you playing with wemod or something? I think that can sometimes block achievements.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You guys are aware a majority of achievements require playing non-Dawi races and you're arguing with Arghy, right?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Khazuk!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
Do you take me for a wazzock?