Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, have you ever read an manga comment section for something popular?

Accidentally, sometimes.

It seems that most people are looking for indiscriminate serial killer stories from a lot of Isekai and very mad when the protagonist flags down a random person and ask for help instead of immediately going for the Kali Ma and grabbing their hearts.

Every time I see comments I regret them, because obviously the people enjoying it won't be complaining in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Imagine getting two excellent versions of this fantastic story and complaining about it.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I like how cool Garo looks like as a design and in general and I like how dumb Saitama looks sloshing around high stepping in the shallow water. It's a beautiful contrast.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I absolutely adore that Saitama was kind of just done and going home but now he's decided to help a little kid out because that's what heroes do :shobon:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely adore that Saitama was kind of just done and going home but now he's decided to help a little kid out because that's what heroes do :shobon:

It's not so much that Saitama is doing what heroes do as it is he's tired of Garou's angsty poseur bullshit.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's both

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama doesn't get involved with things unless Genos is there to take the stanchion off the hook and assert that he has permission to join in the conversation.

So he hasn't gotten any of the reports on Garou attacking and maiming heroes, all he's seen is him kicking monster asses.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 7, 2022

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Garou finally got a clean hit in, slamming Saitama into the ground and as Garou gives chase and the smoke clears he's just standing dusting off his clothes.
When he got the hit in I thought we were going to see a Boros level fight, but nope. Not there yet.
And then he broke his hand.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
What a great shapter

Garou punching Saitama so hard his hand disintigrates was amazing, fighting panels were amazing but best of all is how Saitama is just the best.

Jiro posted:

Saitama is a good person and a great hero.

I would actually say Saitama is a decent hero and a great person and that's the best part of this chapter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The panel of Garou drawn in very little detail like Saitama's funny moments is not getting enough attention. We need more of silly Garou.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bleck posted:

Imagine getting two excellent versions of this fantastic story and complaining about it.

Im imagining it, quite vividly, almost in a lived experience

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Yo what ever happened to Psykos?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'll never tire of classic comics hero posed and drawn Saitama body with goofy low-detail Saitama head on top

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Do you think that if Garou had punched up instead of down, Caped Baldy would have been launched to the moon?

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I do like how much more apparent it is that this is just a shell on Garou than before. Outside he's a big, hulking angry monster, on the inside he's still just Garou. Mostly.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Garou trying so hard to become Ultimate Evil and just not quite getting there kind of makes me feel bad for him. It's like he's trying to convince himself that he should be Ultimate Evil not because it's what he really wants but more because he can't see any other options. To me the dramatic tension is less "will Saitama win the fight" (he will, obviously) and more "will Saitama bring Garou back to his senses or will Garou go over to the actually evil side and get destroyed."

Saitama no selling massive hits will always be funny.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

pik_d posted:

New chapter raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496856368973

Edit: Gonna need some help counting the punches on this one???

There was only 3 hours between these posts, but 7~8 unspoilered posts, including the OP. :(
In manga called One Punch Man, things like the number of punches someone survives or dodges feels a pretty big deal imo. Could you please spoiler your posts or just wait until the translation is posted?

Garou blew up his hand and then regenerated it. Presumably he'll eventually return to human; indeed, Saitama seems to view him as just cosplaying as a monster. This implies humans are capable of regeneration in this world, if a bit in a roundabout way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shadow0 posted:

There was only 3 hours between these posts, but 7~8 unspoilered posts, including the OP. :(
In manga called One Punch Man, things like the number of punches someone survives or dodges feels a pretty big deal imo. Could you please spoiler your posts or just wait until the translation is posted?

Garou blew up his hand and then regenerated it. Presumably he'll eventually return to human; indeed, Saitama seems to view him as just cosplaying as a monster. This implies humans are capable of regeneration in this world, if a bit in a roundabout way.

Saitama did only connect with one punch in this chapter.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Gothmog1065 posted:

I do like how much more apparent it is that this is just a shell on Garou than before. Outside he's a big, hulking angry monster, on the inside he's still just Garou. Mostly.

I'm trying to figure out if the crack over his eye that reveals his human face is his actual physical appearance, or if it's just what we the audience see. There have been several panels of his monster form without the crack.

Solenna posted:

To me the dramatic tension is less "will Saitama win the fight" (he will, obviously)."

I was introduced to OPM through anime, and one fun aspect of the show was that each subsequent fight always had (for me, anyway) the slightest doubt that maybe Saitama had finally met his match.

I wonder if ONE will try that again with Garou, if he goes through more and more power up's, and there are more references to the broken "limiter"

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 7, 2022

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Not after that blow to his head.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Man with Hat posted:

I would actually say Saitama is a decent hero and a great person and that's the best part of this chapter.

While this comic is very funny, most of the best moments are when people are being genuinely heroic.

Its why licenseless rider is the best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Artum posted:

While this comic is very funny, most of the best moments are when people are being genuinely heroic.

Its why licenseless rider is the best.

"Was he a middle-aged man in a tanktop?" was very sweet, he assumed Tank Top Master would be the hero :shobon:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"Was he a middle-aged man in a tanktop?" was very sweet, he assumed Tank Top Master would be the hero :shobon:

The manga's fixation on age will always be amusing to me. Is Tank Top Master more "middle-aged" than Atomic Samurai (who insists that 37 is not middle-aged)?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

chiasaur11 posted:

Keep in mind, Saitama is exponentially stronger than when he fought Boros.
How do you figure?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Xander77 posted:

How do you figure?

He still does 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats, and a 10 km run every day. He just keeps getting stronger

copy
Jul 26, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

He still does 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats, and a 10 km run every day. He just keeps getting stronger

myg od

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

CharlestonJew posted:

Pretty sure he's running more than 10 km some of these days. It might overstress him and throw off his training.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Yep.

One of the audio dramas has him fight a simulation of his past self. As in one day past.

He doesn't just win. He wins so easily he wonders why someone would think that he'd have trouble fighting his past self.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's an OPM audio drama?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Killer robot posted:

Pretty sure he's running more than 10 km some of these days. It might overstress him and throw off his training.

He might move more than 10km in a day, but he still only runs 10 for his training.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

copy posted:

myg od

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I never even thought about that before. spooky

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Truly king is a great teacher to keep him motivated like this.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's an OPM audio drama?

There's quite a few of them, and they use the voice actors from the anime. You can find them translated on YouTube.

Here's the one that was referenced above: https://youtu.be/cNeAT3sahkU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws out: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496898209741

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ooooh hohoho
I like this.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ooooh hohoho
I like this.

I read this in Frieza's voice which makes me wonder how he'd do in the OPM universe.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He would get one punched, presumably.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He'd probably be stronger than the meteor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Gets sliced in half by Speed of Sound Sonic, survives, gets sliced to bits by Flashy Flash.