Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I seem to remember most gob loot/corpses gets auto forbidden when they die to stop haulers running into the battlefield mid fight.

Or your haulers are busy, lazy, or too traumatised by the gore to do their jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
they don't appear as forbidden when I hover over them though.

My haulers haul everything else they're supposed to.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
gently caress knows then, but you can try designating them for dumping and marking the stockpile as a garbage dump (zones menu iirc)?

It's been a very long time since I actually played, I'm holding out for the Steam edition

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
General FYI one of the more developed DF knockoffs, Oddworld, just did a pretty big update that includes (among many other things) fluid simulation, so there's at least one other game where you can dig out a giant underground colony and then drop an ocean on it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Tias posted:

they don't appear as forbidden when I hover over them though.

My haulers haul everything else they're supposed to.

If you have dfhack running then just mark them all for dumping and do an autodump (or better yet just autodump destroy). Sometimes poo poo gets somehow shadowbanned from ever being hauled and you'll never know why, best move is just dfhack it the hell away and move on with your life :shrug:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flesh Forge posted:

General FYI one of the more developed DF knockoffs, Oddworld, just did a pretty big update that includes (among many other things) fluid simulation, so there's at least one other game where you can dig out a giant underground colony and then drop an ocean on it

Odd Realm?

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I think they mean Oddworld: Urist's Oddysee

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Haha oops

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Tias posted:

This was it, thanks!

Also, I find myself with a veritable flood of goblin, troll and beak dog bits stuck to my trap corridor. In spite of having a huge refuse stock pile specifically set to goblin, troll and beak dog corpses, teeth and body parts, they don't get carried up there. What gives?

Is it technically outside? The refuse gathering settings are to ignore refuse that is “outside” by default. Maybe play with those order settings?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Only the stockpile is outside. The traps stuck with goblinoid bits in question are several levels below ground with no outside rays getting on them. But that said, even if some auto-select settings were in effect, I have still claimed all the parts by hand, and my haulers don't pick them up regardless.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Set a graveyard or body stockpile.

Tias
May 25, 2008

I already have one. They don't use it. Other refuse and corpses get hauled there just fine

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
do you have any burrows?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Yes, but not activated during the problem.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The main reason I'm excited about steam release is the next feature is supposed to be magic and I want it

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

The main reason I'm excited about steam release is the next feature is supposed to be magic and I want it

Finally, a revisit of the original Slaves of Armok, where you could cast a spell to teleport your own brain out of your head, killing you instantly

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Other than werewolf and vampire infections are there other contagious conditions? Like, dwarf seasonal cold?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Other than werewolf and vampire infections are there other contagious conditions? Like, dwarf seasonal cold?

Embark on a map with evil weather and you'll likely discover some horrific plagues.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Also forgotten beasts can have deadly dust which causes some randomised set of symptoms and the dust can spread from dwarf to dwarf via contamination.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Tias posted:

Yes, but not activated during the problem.
Last time I played, dwarves assigned to burrows stayed in them regardless of alert settings. Have you tried removing a few dwarves from it?

Tias
May 25, 2008

No, but i doubt I assigned any there. Would I not get "Urst McHaulAsshole cancels move goblin kidneys to depot: forbidden" if this was the case?

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

That sounds like a neat way to lose! Looks like my all-musician dwarf tour bus is gonna have a mighty disease ridden adventure on their hands

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://steamcommunity.com/app/975370/eventcomments/3267931984798172903/

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

:f5:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:dogcited:

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Would it still be possible to do Succession Games with the Steam version, I wonder?

Also, would there be save file compatibility with Classic? (I doubt it)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Not sure why you wouldn't be able to trade saved games in the Steam version.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

I'm hotly anticipating the inclusion of a board game version of dwarf fortress

Implemented in game for the dwarves to play of course

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zesty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l0HB8Qb2Cw

ZOOMING IN on the embark screen. Also it looks good.

great screen to end on

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

:airquote: "Communing with Gogol". Is that what the beardlings are calling it these days? :glomp:

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

IronicDongz posted:

great screen to end on

is that toady? i don't think i've ever seen him, he looks like a mad scientist which seems very appropriate

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He's a fun neurotypical goober. Always super positive. I enjoy his personality on all his community outreach vids and podcasts.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It might just be the lighting but it seems his hair turned grey pretty quickly.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When I found out Toady was a mathematician I thought to myself "that explains a lot".

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

moonmazed posted:

is that toady? i don't think i've ever seen him, he looks like a mad scientist which seems very appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhHkJQ3KgY

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

moonmazed posted:

It is nice to see Dr. Wily find a hobby.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I haven’t played some of the later mega man games but I don’t remember Dr Wily ever making a robot master made of superheated vomit that evaporates the second mega man comes through the door.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

I haven’t played some of the later mega man games but I don’t remember Dr Wily ever making a robot master made of superheated vomit that evaporates the second mega man comes through the door.

yeah that's a maverick, upchuck woodchuck

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Tunicate posted:

yeah that's a maverick, upchuck woodchuck

I remember this guy. He's easy to beat but his stage is a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hey what's the maximum reasonable embark size assuming I have dfhack tweaks and cleanup enabled?