Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Cleretic posted:

So who from FFVIII gets to be the Invoker of FF MOBA, where they get a bunch of spells and most of the challenge is in understanding your own kit well enough to use it all?

Squall

the only dialogue is "..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Mr. Trampoline posted:

They basically DOTA-fied each job's kit for PvP and I'm actually really excited to try it out. It's probably going to be really dumb (and frontlines is going to be pure chaos) but might be fun?

The netcode is never going to allow for great PvP, so "really dumb but still fun" is a best case scenario imo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cleretic posted:

So who from....gets to be the Invoker of FF MOBA, where they get a bunch of spells and most of the challenge is in understanding your own kit well enough to use it all?

Shantotto.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cleretic posted:

So who from FFVIII gets to be the Invoker of FF MOBA, where they get a bunch of spells and most of the challenge is in understanding your own kit well enough to use it all?

Selphie

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats just blue mage

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

isn't lord of verminion a moba

it has three lanes

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wonder what order I want to tackle stuff in in the new patch. I'm thinking MSQ > unlock alliance for FC run later > finish MSQ > try new EX > set up info plate > try PvP > farm new dungeon for glams because the tank one looks nice > save role quests + putting together a sage glam for tomorrow. Might try PvP a bit earlier, who knows.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How long does it take before people start figuring out alliance raids? Cause I definitely want to be part of that chaos where no one knows anything.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Electric Phantasm posted:

How long does it take before people start figuring out alliance raids? Cause I definitely want to be part of that chaos where no one knows anything.

when i did nier 3 as fast as possible after release we wiped at least once on each fight but still managed to do well enough to clear before our instance timer was up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

With information dissemination being as fast as it is these days, you probably want to be there in the first six hours or so for your best chance at all 24 being blind.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I would flip poo poo, in a good way

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
When 5.5 came out I did MSQ on day 1 and Tower at Paradigm's Breach on day 2.

I was drat near the only one in there that got a first-clear achievement and didn't know every mechanic already.

I'm thinking it was probably people re-clearing it to try to get a specific glam, or to get the 2B hairstyle to sell, and maybe it won't be as fast this time, but I don't wanna chance it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So is there any particular point to the standard subscription price if you now get 8 characters on the same server with the cheaper option?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Raised By Birds posted:

I was drat near the only one in there that got a first-clear achievement and didn't know every mechanic already.

I'm thinking it was probably people re-clearing it to try to get a specific glam, or to get the 2B hairstyle to sell, and maybe it won't be as fast this time, but I don't wanna chance it.

gear was locked at that point, so one need or greed win would've locked people out for the week. so unless they were just very unlucky and never saw the once piece drop, they weren't re-running it for glam. had to be for the drops from the end, or because it was an extremely cool raid.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/buncrimes/status/1513576479581429771

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm just throwing another instance of Minuet where my Pitch Perfect was bound. gently caress trying to relearn muscle memory. :v:

Going to have to do the same probably, this might mess me up for a while.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Raised By Birds posted:

Day 1 is vastly different from Day 2 which is vastly different from the end of the week.

I run them a ton the first week because it'll be a unique experience, and they're fun.

Regalingualius posted:

So is there any particular point to the standard subscription price if you now get 8 characters on the same server with the cheaper option?

Entry still has a fewer number per datacentre, if for some reason you want 40 characters.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Wasn't Reaper already outstripping SAM DPS?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cleretic posted:

Not by any current measurement.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Briefly at launch, but every other melee has been buffed since then and RPR is the lowest RDPS and middle ADPS among melee now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It was probably just outdated information, but I choose to believe that Reaper mains lied to me to get my AST buffs.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
even when reapers were the best dps, that was rdps (which includes the extra damage your party members get from your buffs, such as arcane circle, so not all of it gets affected by external buffs); SAM has always* had better ndps (dps without any external buffs), and always (no asterisk) had better adps, than RPR, and so was always a better option for single-target buffs
so yes, those reapers were 100% lying to you

* except for like a week-and-a-half during january on a few fights, not sure what was happening there

Red Metal fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 12, 2022

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
For some possibly useful context.

Median nDPS (all damage increases from external buffs removed) on P4S2 throughout the patch:

Median rDPS (damage increases from external buffs moved from the buffee to the buffer) on P4S2:

These are using two week windows, so the value at e.g. Feb 14 is the median of all parses logged between Feb 7 and Feb 21. There are differences on different fights and percentile brackets that end up sometimes slightly shifting the balance, but it's basically the same story across the board. SAM and BLM are fairly consistently the top in personal dps. All other things being equal you want them to eat your cards.

Fflogs' data is somewhat misleading for the usual reasons: selecting for people who upload logs biases the data, the vast majority of the parses are reclears, in fact probably a lot of the datapoints are 0-chest pure parse reclears, etc. It's still very useful but you should generally bear in mind that there is a heavy bias towards parse runs and away from prog and first clears when looking at fflogs' statistics in general; especially if you look at the higher percentile brackets. Squeenix are not tuning balance changes so 95th percentile parse runs come out even, for better or worse.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Servers are live. Adventure plates are cool.

The first thing I did was Copperbell and this is the greatest patch in the history of video games.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Axel Serenity posted:

The first thing I did was Copperbell and this is the greatest patch in the history of video games.

kinda curious what they did to those bosses. Stuck at work

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

there's thordan crafted weapons for dancer, gunbreaker, reaper, and sage now and they look dope as hell:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New PvP mode is really fun.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Fiye posted:

kinda curious what they did to those bosses. Stuck at work

They're just there. Kindly waiting for you without a bunch of mooks to go through first. RIP Blasting Cap you were a real one.

Also did SV and kind of the same thing. Much less waiting around, less trash, simplified mechanics. Lot of areas are just more open. It's great.

Trust feels right in line with the SHB/EW versions in terms of time it takes and their AI. Overall feels really, really nice.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Need something to do while you wait for servers and/or a queue? Learn to be an Archer with the Heavensward LP

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Axel Serenity posted:

:sickos:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You would need a weapon to get the title since you have to have the full set equipped on that class to get them.

Unfortunately, they did not, in fact, go all in on options for the new jobs. There are no new weapons, Gunbreaker gets their own copy of the Aiming armor, and Reaper gets their own copy of the Striking Armor.
They all have Makai "x" titles.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Probably gonna be resubbing soon, with the patch out. Do we have any FCs on Light? Couldn't see any in the OP, but I figured it was worth asking.
I'm currently on Odin, but I don't mind jumping to another server, as long as it's the same DC.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I’ll need to test this, but allegedly a second Bard using Wanderer’s transforms your Wanderer’s into Pitch Perfect, so both bards can’t use Wanderer’s simultaneously

Yeah that is definitely getting a quick hot fix if true

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MechaX posted:

I’ll need to test this, but allegedly a second Bard using Wanderer’s transforms your Wanderer’s into Pitch Perfect, so both bards can’t use Wanderer’s simultaneously

Yeah that is definitely getting a quick hot fix if true

Well, that's going to be fun for me as a BRD main

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It shouldn't matter if you have a different bard's song buff, the button change should be based on the same variable that manages your song gage

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

quote:

The instanced field areas that were implemented to alleviate congestion after Patch 6.0's release have been removed, with the exception of Radz-at-Han, Thavnair, and Mor Dhona.
an absolutely brutal nerf to hunt trains, smh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Patch spoilers:

Fuckin' hype for those 4 Fiends trials.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/stalala_/status/1513839317822877696?t=1GwdqDW0bpf1wjOGdmk71Q
https://twitter.com/stalala_/status/1513844327000449026?t=M2J-0MgkhG-FFL1qwolZ-w

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Did they add in the new fancy lighting changes this patch or only just for some specific dungeons right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mix. posted:

there's thordan crafted weapons for dancer, gunbreaker, reaper, and sage now and they look dope as hell:

Huh, usually they do purple for lightning effects. Still looks badass