Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
All of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mister Chief posted:

What was the last good to great Cronenberg movie?

2014's Maps to the Stars

Edit: I haven't seen Fast Company, but other than A Dangerous Method and maybe Spider the guy has made nothing but bangers

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 12, 2022

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Is this the weirdest poster ever made for a mainstream movie?

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1514405789737406465?s=21&t=lTBiPp6GamT-RobuxUl79g

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
More like crimes of the Futura

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
They released the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX7df79BNo

WonkyBob fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 14, 2022

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I wonder what percentage of people are going to think crash (1996) vs crash (2004)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hexwren posted:

I wonder what percentage of people are going to think crash (1996) vs crash (2004)

I'm gonna guess most people who seek out a Cronenberg trailer will probably remember the 96 one fine. I don't know about the US, but in the UK it had so much bad press for how extreme it was. I like how silly it was when I got around to watching it over 20 years later.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

yeah, no, obviously anyone who knows dc's stuff is going to pick the correct one, I'm just thinking people who stumble on it accidentally or only know history of violence & eastern promises

how the gently caress did anyone think crash 04 was any good. i was there at the time and people were just going berserk over it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

el oso posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

None of those are real people.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

serious question who is this guy

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jackass's own machinegun kelly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Isn't Colson Baker that kid who lied about dying and seeing heaven

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Waffleman_ posted:

Isn't Colson Baker that kid who lied about dying and seeing heaven

no thats mmm mlurp

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's Colton Burpo. Yes, that's really his name.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cohle Burlap?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I know this is the movie poster thread but there's precedent for also posting podcast posters so here's the poster for E1's new three part episode, Cool Detective

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

That's Colton Burpo. Yes, that's really his name.
Oh, Rey's father.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/PleaseBexcited/status/1468650090868842505?s=20&t=tIWhavD9wDEPReZseCHubA

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I really wish they woulda released a version with the lovely sonic just to bask in the glory.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In all likelihood what we saw on the trailer was probably nearly everything they'd finished by that point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Laserdisc covers count, right?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mobile Suit Gundamooso

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There've been Gundams with every kind of helmet ornament, but we haven't had one with antlers yet, have we?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Schwarzwald posted:

There've been Gundams with every kind of helmet ornament, but we haven't had one with antlers yet, have we?

Probably the closest to an official antler gundam you’re gonna get…

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Banshee’s v-fin is distinctly antleresque

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

el oso posted:

Is it really that mainstream if the only that have watched it is the Ol'Dirty Bastard?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alhazred posted:

Is it really that mainstream if the only that have watched it is the Ol'Dirty Bastard?

only to look more like

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

I have hope that Taika Waititi knows what he's doing, but turning Thor into Starlord Jr. doesn't initially fill me with a whole ton of hope or excitement here.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Class3KillStorm posted:

I have hope that Taika Waititi knows what he's doing, but turning Thor into Starlord Jr. doesn't initially fill me with a whole ton of hope or excitement here.

The trailer establishes that Thor doesn't know what to do with himself after defeating Thanos. Reading in between the lines a bit, basically becoming Starlord 2 is him attempting a to find a role to fill, and Starlord politely but firmly tells him to go home.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Also that costume is very clearly meant to be evocative of

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In the recent Guardians of the Galaxy game you spend a bit more time in Peter Quill's past as a kid and I find it funny that Thor here is basically what Peter wished he could be. The game is not MCU canon but still funny to look at this new movie with that in mind.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Finally, a marvel movie recognizes the 90s

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Finally, a marvel movie recognizes the 90s

If Deadpool 3 goes full 90s I'd actually be interested in it. Have a dude with a hyper-muscular CGI body and a gal with broken-spine voluptuousness, characters with so many pouches they can barely move, a character so dark and gritty you can barely understand what they're saying through their gruff growl, etc.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

feedmyleg posted:

If Deadpool 3 goes full 90s I'd actually be interested in it. Have a dude with a hyper-muscular CGI body and a gal with broken-spine voluptuousness, characters with so many pouches they can barely move, a character so dark and gritty you can barely understand what they're saying through their gruff growl, etc.

I mean didn’t 2 already have Cable and X-Force? It was almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All I care about is that they bring back Peter.