Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

A lot of people think the rulebook exists to actually constrain people in power and not to act as a book of excuses for when they don't actually wanna do something
People across the political spectrum don't seem to realize that only power constrains people in power. The January 6th idiots proved that. They got to the Capital then took a tour and marveled at Pelosi's desk.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

like if you are an adult who thinks "checks and balances" in our system are intended to do anything except purge the agenda until it matches exactly what the ruling class wants to do, you may as well believe the president was like appointed by divine mandate or something.
Academia exists to teach people wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Gripweed posted:

It's hard to see how Biden avoids going down in history as a much worse president than Trump

every president is the worst in history until the next one takes office

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mags posted:

there are only two bad presidents: the one in office and the one before him

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mags posted:

I don't know that anyone after Bush has topped him, but I am sure someone will. Biden and Obama squandered massive opportunities (purposefully), but it's nothing like Bush. Trump at least destroyed the Bush family's political viability.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

It's hard to see how Biden avoids going down in history as a much worse president than Trump

No irony, people will think Trump was worse. Ask anyone who was the better president, George W Bush or Trump.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
the most effective first 100 days of any presidency was Harrison's

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ichigo to the Polls

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
On one hand Trump put money in my pocket.
On the other, Biden ended Afghanistan so contrasts.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

maybe partly upper-class neoliberals saying "the white working class" all the time who want to forget that the South isn't 100% white while they chuckle about leaving everyone there to die

Didn't Matt Yglesias tweet data with vague right-wing implications when taken out of context without an explicit argument just a few days ago?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HootTheOwl posted:

On one hand Trump put money in my pocket.
On the other, Biden ended Afghanistan so contrasts.

On the third hand, Biden is still actively trying to literally end Afghanistan

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gripweed posted:

On the third hand, Biden is still actively trying to literally end Afghanistan

That's what I said.
I'm an afghan racist.
Blankets, dogs, the country? Against.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Trump is gonna end up moving down the list of worst presidents as we get further from him, if only because of his rank incompetence at being bad. Like, no question he'd be up there with Buchanan and Johnson if he had any skill at all at abusing the office but right now he looks an awful lot like Grant, in that everyone around him was running penny ante scams only this time the president was too.

Biden's position on the list depends a lot on what happens next. If he's part of a series of ineffectual presidents as the country slips further and further towards revolution, he's not gonna look particularly bad but if poo poo pops off way sooner, then he's gonna be up there with Buchanan in the "could have done something to stop it but didn't" group at the top.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sorry, I'm trying to delete it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol they literally celebrated doing nothing

https://twitter.com/erininthemorn/status/1513869748228001798?s=21&t=7Inzf6ei1z1z7SPY61l94Q

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Azathoth posted:

Trump is gonna end up moving down the list of right now he looks an awful lot like Grant, in that everyone around him was running penny ante scams only this time the president was too.

The Peepot Dome Scandal

Ehehehehehe

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

dying for old Trumpacanoe's steak profits

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Its hard to say how trump will look historically, but I feel like as time goes on and all the crimes are slowly revealed and compiled it will look pretty bad when considered on the whole. I mean I guess it depends on how you rank them but he's got to win the corruption list

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/1513611848741961734?s=20&t=cH5GqeMA8X6oAvC02Xr2XQ

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Oh they're working on it
:d2a:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Its hard to say how trump will look historically, but I feel like as time goes on and all the crimes are slowly revealed and compiled it will look pretty bad when considered on the whole. I mean I guess it depends on how you rank them but he's got to win the corruption list

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

A Bakers Cousin posted:

He's basically par for the course for pre-20th century presidents.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wait was that not SYQ?

let me laugh even harder

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

holding medical providers and debt collectors accountable to informing consumers of their rights

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

jesus loving christ

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

Looks like Biden got some economics tips from Carter when he was visiting the fun house

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1513859480437628928

I got a 3% cost of living raise in January.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Excelzior posted:

wait was that not SYQ?

let me laugh even harder

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"You can't afford that surgery. Your options are a life of crippling medical debt that you'll undoubtedly leave to your kid(s)/partner when you eventually die in the future, or let the disease eat away at you and die slowly and painfully in the short term."

"Wow! Thank u president Brandon! We have fixed the broken medical care system!"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The psychic damage from this post was powerful enough to banish me from the thread for two weeks

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm gonna gently caress the vote

raw dogging a ballot box rn ama

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

HiroProtagonist posted:

...paper cuts

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HiroProtagonist posted:

penetration testing

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

you have to the right to remain silent. anything you say or do could be used as consent for additional medical bills. you have the right to have a lawyer explain to you how much money you owe. if you cannot afford a lawyer, just trust us, you owe a lot of fuckin money

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1513694086682849292

https://twitter.com/BcSwam/status/1513701473154129926?s=20&t=TjxaZBNUi84IdtavAgFvJw

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol we have a democrat party governor in KS.

My town got our city council to pass an ordinance that says the local police department will not work with ICE. in response the KS legislature passed a bill saying that local municipalities can't do that and PDs have to work with ICE and also any local municipality that issues an ID will have to have it say "not valid for state ID". yesterday was the last day for her to veto it and lol nope she signed it

https://www.ksnt.com/capitol-bureau/gov-kelly-veto-deadline-approaches-for-sanctuary-city-ban/

Kelly addressed the signing of the bill by saying that the U.S.’s “broken immigration system” cannot be fixed at the municipal level and will need a solution soon from Congress.

“Kansans who rely on local government IDs to vote, such as veterans, the elderly, and people with disabilities will be adversely affected by this law,” Kelly said. “The Legislature needs to send me a trailer bill that ensures these folks can continue participating in our democracy.”

vote!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Zerg Mans posted:

I got a 3% cost of living raise in January.

Me too! Except it didnt kick in until March. And it was sold as a "merit increase" lol :d2a:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

holding medical providers and debt collectors accountable to informing consumers of their rights

You gotta fight!!

For your right!!

to hold medical providers and debt collectors accountable to informing consumers of their rights!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
have y'all considered learning to code? i switched companies in November for a 20% increase in pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Azathoth posted:

Trump is gonna end up moving down the list of worst presidents as we get further from him, if only because of his rank incompetence at being bad. Like, no question he'd be up there with Buchanan and Johnson if he had any skill at all at abusing the office but right now he looks an awful lot like Grant, in that everyone around him was running penny ante scams only this time the president was too.
Grant? Seriously?