Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The ID card thing seems pretty useless in the current state as there is no useful info on it and the customisation is very limited, can't change the colour of the different components for instance.

The profile thing for PvP is fun to get a silly picture. One thing i noticed is that if your face isn't in the centre of the screen it won't let you save it which can be annoying at times but is probably necessary to prevent people setting it to upskirts or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hogama posted:

Unfortunately, they did not, in fact, go all in on options for the new jobs. There are no new weapons, Gunbreaker gets their own copy of the Aiming armor, and Reaper gets their own copy of the Striking Armor.
They all have Makai "x" titles.

Yeah, not even doing weapons is a huge disappointment.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Huh, usually they do purple for lightning effects. Still looks badass

that's because these are the same effects that the rest of the Round crafted weapons have :v: iirc it was stated that because they're doing thordan ultimate they decided 'hey what the hell' and modeled up the weapons to bring it all together

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao, the "blame Y'shtola" option in the 6.1 MSQ rules

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

tall simulator

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arist posted:

Lmao, the "blame Y'shtola" option in the 6.1 MSQ rules
I wasn't expecting them to go quite as all in as they did. It was great!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New PvP is insanely fun.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
The new /draw and /sheathe emotes are available from the Gold Saucer for 100k MGP each. Pod mount is 300k.

Also, they rearranged how the prize exchanges are set up.
I is now for weapons.
II is for armor.
III is for minions, mounts, emotes, hairstyles and fashion accessories.
IV is for orchestrion rolls and the house furnishings that let you play the various Gold Saucer minigames.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

First dungeon I get in my leveling roulette is Toto Rak and Neo Toto Rak feels kinda weird lol, but not in a bad way or anything.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The Crystal Trophy rewards are recolours of old artifact sets for each class, some portrait borders, a pet and barding and some orchestration rolls. You can also get wolf collars which i assume are for the PvP set?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
People are saying you can't queue for even Casual mode in CC with friends? That absolutely destroys my desire to play lol

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oh boy, on top of minions, mounts, orchestration rolls, and TT cards, now there's adventurer plate frames to collect and obtain from occasionally obscure means.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Massive 6.1 MSQ Spoilers; It’s finally loving time for Golbez and the Four Fiends; this is mad interesting because we also got the mystery shadow at the start of the patch too

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Class changes feel more noob friendly in PVP now. And CC also easier to grasp what's going on. Having a blast

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

CJ posted:

The Crystal Trophy rewards are recolours of old artifact sets for each class, some portrait borders, a pet and barding and some orchestration rolls. You can also get wolf collars which i assume are for the PvP set?

I double checked, and Wolf Collars were the currency reward for ranked Feast matches. There should be a vendor for them just outside the entrance to the ship on Wolves' Den Pier.

Edit: I just took a look at the official PvP guide for a different reason, and it seems they've switched the merchants around. The Wolf Collar merchant is next to the Trophy Crystal merchant.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 12, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yo new Meridianum owns, the usual standardized dungeon design the ARR dungeons got, all mid cutscenes gone except for Juvia's intro, and the bosses are actual bosses Juvia is a pretty fun fight now.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Idle thought during voiced cutscenes, Y'shtola's English voice-acting sounds kind of extra nasal in this patch. Wonder if Robyn Addison had been under the weather.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there a way to set a permanent profile picture? Every time i change a piece of gear or dye or anything it resets to the default.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Countblanc posted:

People are saying you can't queue for even Casual mode in CC with friends? That absolutely destroys my desire to play lol

Wait what is that's true that is insane, why would they kneecap the mode like that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

No Dignity posted:

Wait what is that's true that is insane, why would they kneecap the mode like that

Yoship made a comment that he didn't want it to be unfair to new players apparently, but if you're really worried about that just limit it to 2 or 3 person groups or something (and keep Ranked solo only). I feel like not being able to play with your buds in an MMO mode is gonna do a lot more to turn off casual players than losing to two good players who queued together.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Yoship made a comment that he didn't want it to be unfair to new players apparently, but if you're really worried about that just limit it to 2 or 3 person groups or something (and keep Ranked solo only). I feel like not being able to play with your buds in an MMO mode is gonna do a lot more to turn off casual players than losing to two good players who queued together.

And that's why they have separate casual and ranked modes? At least one of them should let you queue with friends, absolutely baffling decision

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

They could just make one solo-only queue and one that allowed premades for both modes.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
You have two other PvP modes for stacking with friends, let's just see how a solo one goes before dismissing it out of hand. Because god knows it won't need the help to suck.

By the way, they put /determined in the single worst possible place: the PvP series rewards. So now not only do you have to PvP for it, you'll only be able to get it for a few months.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dwesa posted:

They could just make one solo-only queue and one that allowed premades for both modes.

The Feast had an awful win-trade problem that basically made it pointless unless you were in on it, so keeping ranked solo only is probably for the better. They should definitely let you queue Casual with friends, though, even if they feel they need to set up a separate queue for it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

You have two other PvP modes for stacking with friends, let's just see how a solo one goes before dismissing it out of hand. Because god knows it won't need the help to suck.

By the way, they put /determined in the single worst possible place: the PvP series rewards. So now not only do you have to PvP for it, you'll only be able to get it for a few months.

I doubt it'll be gone forever.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt it'll be gone forever.

You're right, I'll just settle back into the flying robo-chair they added in Stormblood, and marvel at my miniature Magitek Juggernaut mount.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

You're right, I'll just settle back into the flying robo-chair they added in Stormblood, and marvel at my miniature Magitek Juggernaut mount.

There is a difference between the Top 100 Feast Rewards and these which are effectively the same as any other PVP prize. My bet is they show up for crystals after the season is over or something

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where do I see these rewards or how good do I have to be get the emote?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

They are under PVP profile and not good at all. You can get it in like an hour of losses

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

It's the Series Malmstones, which can be found under the PvP Profile, under the Character clump of menus. It needs you to reach level 5 in the series. You get Series EXP through playing literally any kind of PvP, so that should be pretty easy to achieve as you have until 6.2 to get it that way. (See below for the ultimate time limit.)

ImpAtom posted:

There is a difference between the Top 100 Feast Rewards and these which are effectively the same as any other PVP prize. My bet is they show up for crystals after the season is over or something

They will be moved to the Trophy Crystal vendor in 6.2, but will be removed from it once 6.3 launches, unless they decide to change their stance on that.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

The battle pass thing is under your PvP profile. The crystal vendor is with the other vendors in wolves den. You don’t have to be good. You can just spam games until you get it.

The PvP mode is fun but the communication restrictions are annoying. If they don’t want chat then they need to make it so you can use the targeting macros at any range and also add a “don’t attack target” macro because watching people attack a tank getting healed by the healer freecasting beside him without being able to do anything is awful.

If casual mode is solo queue only as well that’s ridiculous. The idea that playing with your friends in a multiplayer game is toxic is stupid.

Also I don’t get why the season rewards need to be removed at all? Just put them on the crystal vendor for a jacked up price if you want people to ply in the season to get them. That way there’s incentive to get them while they’re free put new players can still target stuff they really want.

CJ fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 12, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really don't think pvp will have the population after a few weeks to support four different hypothetical queues (casual solo, casual group, ranked solo, ranked group) so even without win trades solo ranked only seems fine. But no friends in casual is just so nutty lol

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That's... certainly a choice of how to add that emote. But it sounds like it's trivial to get it as long as you aren't deathly allergic to PVP so ok I guess?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Paladin's ult is hilariously OP.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make sure your hotbar is in order before queueing into PVP!!!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

That's... certainly a choice of how to add that emote. But it sounds like it's trivial to get it as long as you aren't deathly allergic to PVP so ok I guess?

There are other emotes from PvP like the finger wag, but this one is so iconic... I guess it was meant to try and get more people trying the new mode and abilities.

Also, this popped up on Twitter. New cash shop mount most likely.

https://twitter.com/fallcleave/status/1513768801107595268

On that note, have we seen the Paissa yet?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HackensackBackpack posted:

Also, this popped up on Twitter. New cash shop mount most likely.

https://twitter.com/fallcleave/status/1513768801107595268

On that note, have we seen the Paissa yet?

I've already spent too much money on cash shop mounts. But how could I not with this.

Why you gotta do me like this yoship

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At least give those buttons to Argos

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
End 6.1 MSQ Spoilers: YoshiP: So we are totally serious, Zenos is dead for real.
Me: Oh okay, that makes se-
YoshiP: BUT HIS VOIDSENT AVATAR THO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

fwiw you can do crystal conflict as a group, but it has to be a full 5v5 premade set up via party finder.

so, yeah it sucks how you can't queue partial or full group cc

however

like nald'thal's scales, everything balances out