Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

the escape goat posted:

Suzuki draws One Piece fanart, he’s a weeb too lmao

Can you still call it fanart once you voice yourself on the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

Incorrect, you have to wrestle for a major promotion to be eligible for rookie of the year

They wrestled on Dark once!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Incorrect, you have to wrestle for a major promotion to be eligible for rookie of the year

DPW is big time :colbert:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/WWEREALONE/status/1513564611353710595?s=20&t=JQYWoLrx2QSq96NMKY270g

idk if this is even true but I have to question the sanity of anyone thinking there's even a 1% chance of him ever going back to WWE lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEREALONE/status/1513564611353710595?s=20&t=JQYWoLrx2QSq96NMKY270g

idk if this is even true but I have to question the sanity of anyone thinking there's even a 1% chance of him ever going back to WWE lol

People keep pointing out that Cody left but I don't really buy it cause they're in completely different situations. They both left WWE cause they were sick of the creative and management and by all accounts every single thing both of them hated about WWE is far worse now. Difference is Cody clearly wasn't getting everything he expected to get from AEW and probably figures he's raised his stock enough to counteract WWE Bullshit, whereas Mox just wants nothing to do with this bullshit at all.

People also declare Mox will go back if they offer him enough money but didn't Mox have a quote somewhere where he was basically like "So what? What am I gonna do with all that money, buy another truck?"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DLC Inc posted:

they're bots

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

DLC Inc posted:

Mox: (gets to work the indies and NJPW basically whenever he wants, is treated like a major star from day 1 in AEW, writes a book trashing WWE, gets all excited about Regal coming in and forming a faction with him and Danielson--to the point that in an interview, Regal talks about how calling themselves "Blackpool Combat Club" was all Mox's idea and how he came up with t-shirt designs, etc.)

Some Random Knucklehead on Twitter: "MOX GONNA GO BACK TO WWE AND REFORM THE SHIELD"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1513661571557384201?t=xwcIhbpGXmOnFh03UCyrhQ&s=19

FTR and GOD united by somehow being better face than heel and agreeing that NJPW STRONG isn't real

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Emi's becoming a shooter
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1513709281933201411

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Drakkel posted:

People also declare Mox will go back if they offer him enough money but didn't Mox have a quote somewhere where he was basically like "So what? What am I gonna do with all that money, buy another truck?"

That's quite a mood. I honestly don't get how people keep wanting money past a certain amount. At some point it's just number go up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The best is the reply showing the spot

https://twitter.com/BigTrosMan/status/1246296701373239296?t=_IracACcRlQobPFnlz-bFg&s=19

Bret being Bret

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Just an amazingly stacked class full of pro wrestlers. Super panda, Shinsuke, KZT, stallion Rogers, Sumie Sakai, Cameron Grimes (?), Emi, would be a weird time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
marty scrull asked to stand off screen for this one

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Drakkel posted:

He also said that didn't even look at the last WWE offer because it didn't matter to him how much they offered.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Another update on Otani
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1513845998736449537

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is hilarious

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1513711475411488771?t=B1_fqGmQWIy1SXhZzdxWmQ&s=19

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Drakkel posted:

People keep pointing out that Cody left but I don't really buy it cause they're in completely different situations. They both left WWE cause they were sick of the creative and management and by all accounts every single thing both of them hated about WWE is far worse now. Difference is Cody clearly wasn't getting everything he expected to get from AEW and probably figures he's raised his stock enough to counteract WWE Bullshit, whereas Mox just wants nothing to do with this bullshit at all.

The other thing you're not taking into consideration is that Mox is cool as hell and Cody is a dork.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

punchdaily posted:

The other thing you're not taking into consideration is that Mox is cool as hell and Cody is a dork.

yeah this is the most obvious factor i.e. Cody and Mox could not be more different people. He's probably the guy I'm least worried about ever leaving AEW for that reason + he's probably in the god-tier paygrade as is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Actually in his book he gives two conditions to return to WWE (well, specifically to appear on Wrestlemania, but let's recognize those are part and parcel):

quote:

I’ll probably never perform at WrestleMania itself again. If I did, you would know I got paid an absolutely astronomical amount of money and been granted unprecedented creative control. There’s really no need to.
So there's a chance! Which of course Twitter Vincels have taken as it's definitely happening 100%.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

punchdaily posted:

Also a big difference is that Cody in wwe is a work and all part of the character arc that’ll pay off in three to five years you’ll see.

Disclaimer: This may or may not be a joke I reserve the right to wait three to five years to decide.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AEW will now be appearing in some form on both New Japan World and Wrestle Universe

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1513808072569159682

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Actually in his book he gives two conditions to return to WWE (well, specifically to appear on Wrestlemania, but let's recognize those are part and parcel):

So there's a chance! Which of course Twitter Vincels have taken as it's definitely happening 100%.

He'd tell them he and his opponent would have to bleed buckets and that's definitely not happening lol. They could have kept Bryan and told him "no blood" so he said gently caress it I'm out

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lily Catts posted:

That's quite a mood. I honestly don't get how people keep wanting money past a certain amount. At some point it's just number go up.

I can really only work on theory, because I'm not in this situation. Neither the financial situation or the parent situation. But I've been willing to accept the argument that having a child would change my financial desires significantly.

Right now, my desire would be to have enough money that I'm no longer obligated to work. At that point I would only do things I enjoy, which for Moxley is wrestling the way he wants with the freedom to go where he wants. He loves wrestling and a bigger paycheck doesn't matter as much as freedom to do as he pleases.

If I became a father, that desire changes to making enough money that my child never has to work a job they don't want to work. Just raising a child is expensive. Giving a child every advantage in life is substantially more expensive. And setting them up for life entirely? That's a huge expense, more than double the original.

That's not to say that Moxley shares my anti-work ethic and I'm definitely not predicting he would leave for WWE. But that's how my own monetary desires would play out.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sandman McMahon posted:

Also a big difference is that Cody in wwe is a work and all part of the character arc that’ll pay off in three to five years you’ll see.

Disclaimer: This may or may not be a joke I reserve the right to wait three to five years to decide.
The payoff is that he'll become the heir apparent to the wwe universe, which will become officially sanctioned as the codyverse

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Coaaab posted:

The payoff is that he'll become the heir apparent to the wwe universe, which will become officially sanctioned as the codyverse

It’d be like when you ask you’re mom for Codyverse but then she says but child we have Codyverse at home and then you say oh yeah that’s almost as good I can live with that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1513882976945598467

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

lmao wait WHAT?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

This is going to kick rear end.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cool news for the Dirty Daddy

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1513900767400239108

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Elephant Ambush posted:

lmao wait WHAT?

Seems pretty standard for Joshi wrestlers to go out in a match against the whole company when they retire. It's rad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What is she graduating to/from? I've seen people reference this as a retirement and send-off, but the graphic/tweet call it a graduation.

The wrestling school I went to would do a similar thing for people graduating. You'd basically wrestle a gauntlet against the rest of the students for an hour +, and that was your final step before officially graduating.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Ganso Bomb posted:

What is she graduating to/from? I've seen people reference this as a retirement and send-off, but the graphic/tweet call it a graduation.

The wrestling school I went to would do a similar thing for people graduating. You'd basically wrestle a gauntlet against the rest of the students for an hour +, and that was your final step before officially graduating.

I've only seen it to mean retirement in Joshi promotions, in this case it seems she's stepping away from wrestling to go to school and such.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Japanese seem to call a lot of things graduations where the West would call them retirements. Just a translation/cultural thing. And yeah, she's stepping away to focus on her studies and may return. Earlier this month, another TJPW wrestler graduated to go run a farm and almost certainly will not return.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Earlier this month, another TJPW wrestler graduated to go run a farm and almost certainly will not return.

NODOKAAAAAAAA :qq:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan became a farm and he’s still wrestling so that’s a tough one to make a ruling on really

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Japanese seem to call a lot of things graduations where the West would call them retirements. Just a translation/cultural thing. And yeah, she's stepping away to focus on her studies and may return. Earlier this month, another TJPW wrestler graduated to go run a farm and almost certainly will not return.

God I'd love to graduate from my day job to run a farm

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/superstar_km/status/1513588725598543883?s=21&t=ofKyV5rf9L8xre8r89fAzw

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1513921323147440137?s=19

TOWEL BOYS

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
something cool about a dude draped in a towel over his head and choking people out. also lmso i still remember taz getting heated at suzuki doing the towel thing while he was either in tna or out and bitter about wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

something cool about a dude draped in a towel over his head and choking people out. also lmso i still remember taz getting heated at suzuki doing the towel thing while he was either in tna or out and bitter about wrestling.

I'm glad Taz loves wrestling again and is only seemingly bitter/mean towards idiots who deserve it. I do love seeing him go off on people using the orange and black color scheme and wonder how much of it is real anger. I remember he griped on Twitter recently about a Ruby Soho shirt using orange and black but like... the shirt was black and her hair is orange, so what are you gonna do? It's not like orange and black is central to her whole deal, her hair just happens to be orange.