Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

camoseven posted:

have y'all considered learning to code? i switched companies in November for a 20% increase in pay

i'm coding right loving now where is my god damned 8.5% raise for interest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The 3 stages of online - Engaged, Extremely, and Terminally

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Lib and let die posted:

i'm coding right loving now where is my god damned 8.5% raise for interest

just set your linkedin to "looking for work" and you'll have 4 offers by the end of the day

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

The 3 stages of online - Engaged, Extremely, and Terminally

although, rumors abound of a fabled "Neera Tanden" stage

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Zvahl posted:

lol at every last person who said to start locally and it'll fix things nationally

tbf the republicans have started locally and are poised to "fix" things nationally

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Plank Walker posted:

tbf the republicans have started locally and are poised to "fix" things nationally

well yes they're better at politics and governance than the democrats

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Grant? Seriously?

a non-politician overshadowed by constant dumb scandals and a deranged democrat party, but still managing to accomplish one or two things when he really put his mind to it is a pretty fair description of both

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/m78683519/status/1513877213627695109?s=21&t=LLtFUM4bVbj41HuQtQvQ4g

One track is all they have

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

camoseven posted:

just set your linkedin to "looking for work" and you'll have 4 offers by the end of the day

Lol I did this and was swamped by recruiting messages in less than a day and had to start ignoring most of them

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it doesn't mean the new place is gonna be any better, but you'll probably get a raise bc a huge amount of the workforce is dead from covid, dying to long covid/PASC, retiring, or all of the above

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Being a pundit must be such a great gig. You don't have to know poo poo about anything, just post moronic and condescending poo poo on Twitter and occasionally write a book about out-populating the Chinese with a billion Americans.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

redneck nazgul posted:

a non-politician overshadowed by constant dumb scandals and a deranged democrat party, but still managing to accomplish one or two things when he really put his mind to it is a pretty fair description of both
Yeah, no.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lord of Pie posted:

Looks like Biden got some economics tips from Carter when he was visiting the fun house

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1513859480437628928

AUSTERITY* is the only solution

*increasing the military budget while cutting social services

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Apparently we just did a coup in Pakistan?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

yes jeff, the answer is yes

thanks for documenting it tho

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1513658066281152518

Nah don't worry about it

https://mobile.twitter.com/David_Charts/status/1513659810503352322

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol we have a democrat party governor in KS.

My town got our city council to pass an ordinance that says the local police department will not work with ICE. in response the KS legislature passed a bill saying that local municipalities can't do that and PDs have to work with ICE and also any local municipality that issues an ID will have to have it say "not valid for state ID". yesterday was the last day for her to veto it and lol nope she signed it

https://www.ksnt.com/capitol-bureau/gov-kelly-veto-deadline-approaches-for-sanctuary-city-ban/

Kelly addressed the signing of the bill by saying that the U.S.’s “broken immigration system” cannot be fixed at the municipal level and will need a solution soon from Congress.

“Kansans who rely on local government IDs to vote, such as veterans, the elderly, and people with disabilities will be adversely affected by this law,” Kelly said. “The Legislature needs to send me a trailer bill that ensures these folks can continue participating in our democracy.”

vote!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Octogenarians are dozing in Congress, and all is well

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Apparently we just did a coup in Pakistan?

Pulling off a coup someplace that does coups as the normal method of ending a politician's term is hardly an accomplishment but I guess the State Department needed a W after years of getting pantsed by their coup attempts in Spanish speaking countries

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1513870910297628673

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sounds like the walls are closing in on Trump!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i'm going to vote for the dumbocrats

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

No! No!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

The President is slated to announce that the Environmental Protection Agency will issue an emergency waiver permitting year-round sales of E15 gasoline, which contains a 15% ethanol blend, on a trip to Menlo, Iowa, where he'll visit POET Bioprocessing, a biofuels plant that specializes in the creation of bioethanol.
The sale of E15 gasoline is usually prohibited from June to mid-September because of air quality concerns. Under former President Donald Trump, the EPA issued an order allowing permanent year-round sales of the biofuel blend in 2019, but the order was overturned last year by the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit.

Biden's announcement, a senior administration official said, "is distinct from" his predecessor's efforts to expand ethanol sales in that it's "based on the current circumstance, which is a fuel supply emergency."

what the gently caress

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you would

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

what the gently caress

gotta make sure you win the iowa primary by sacrificing people at the altar of big corn

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

those trumps seem pretty bad. it'd be cool if the democratic government made them face literally repercussions.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

what the gently caress

thank you sunrise. we did it joe!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
If so many Americans are employed why do cops need so much money? Is everyone employed as criminals? Would the wet bandits from Home Alone count as being out of the workforce?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

redneck nazgul posted:

gotta make sure you win the iowa primary by sacrificing people at the altar of big corn

it's gonna hit $8/bushel with this, good lord

on the plus side when I'm masking outside I'll tell people it's for the smog, not covid

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mastershakeman posted:

what the gently caress

VOTE

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Thank you for your service

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
We need a true environmentalist like Nixon

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

president big brains replacing 5% of fuel prices that are too high with 5% of corn prices that are too high

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in 2075 whatever democrats have survived the apocalypse(s) will still be talking about jan 6 and how trump is going to jail, decades after he dies.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

synapse posted:

president big brains replacing 5% of fuel prices that are too high with 5% of corn prices that are too high

drat good thing 10% of every gallon of gasoline isn't made of corn.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

empty whippet box posted:

in 2075 whatever democrats have survived the apocalypse(s) will still be talking about jan 6 and how trump is going to jail, decades after he dies.

if the democrats started having corpse synods i might vote for them again

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

future historians will be guys in robes, covered in cancerous melanomas, writing down records in mandarin on plastic milk jugs about which God brought the flames of hell to our world

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

eviltastic posted:

lol some of them are really trying https://twitter.com/JPenaMelnyk/status/1513673834146287625

constituents begging to know who they need to persuade and the actual reaction is “you need to be educating all of us”

I guess that’s one way to tell them where the problem is

garyoldmaneveryone.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

once a democrat is in office, Hoo boy these trumps and kushners are going to prison for sure