Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vitamean posted:

imo there should've been a group queue but it should be casual only

Agreed. And then only against other premades like Gobbel said. Ranked premades create an atmosphere I don't want in ffxiv.

Robo Reagan posted:

win trading is just how it's done in any mmos pvp. you just box those dudes off in their own area and try to make the rest of the system fun for everyone else

Just how it's done? Better yet not have a system they can win trade at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yo the Alliance Raid is loving incredible

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Agreed. Died a bunch of times, but our group didn't fully wipe once!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

Yo the Alliance Raid is loving incredible
Would have been nice to see it a bit more but the DPS were 90% Summoners.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Just stopping in to confirm that the new alliance raid loving rules. The last boss has an instant kill move a pretty long way into the fight, which I think is going to upset people once the new raid high wears off, but other than that it was just a bunch of really good fights.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 12, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Second boss in the new dungeon with trusts is kicking my rear end. Only second time against it though.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sipping all the aht urhgan dungeon fanservice

Selane
May 19, 2006

Vitamean posted:

lol, I didn't see that you can put a comment in there, let me get back to you

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It takes your search info comment.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Hogama posted:

Would have been nice to see it a bit more but the DPS were 90% Summoners.
/petsize all small

you're welcome

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Gobbeldygook posted:

/petsize all small

you're welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNmxyyomkU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

As someone who doesn't play a summoner, if you're not /petsize all large all the time what are you even doing with your life?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Warmachine posted:

As someone who doesn't play a summoner, if you're not /petsize all large all the time what are you even doing with your life?

Enjoying playing Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the only way to play is all party effects on, pet size large

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They should add an option to make them extra large and extra small, a pocket titan.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

let me egi-glam each of the summons. let me summon topaz carbuncle to cast earthen fury and turn the entire screen yellow

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nu Overpower looks like my dude is angrily attacking the floor.

gently caress you floor.

Also, now WARs have something they can spam and annoy the poo poo out of people until they turn off spell effects while they are waiting on Jumbo Cactpot results!

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Warmachine posted:

Living a longer one because of my ability to see mechanics.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Nu Overpower looks like my dude is angrily attacking the floor.

gently caress you floor.

Also, now WARs have something they can spam and annoy the poo poo out of people until they turn off spell effects while they are waiting on Jumbo Cactpot results!

We already could with Mythril Tempest. But some variety doesn't hurt.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
CC Trip Report and random thoughts:

- It's a ton of fun. The match time is perfect, feels like Rocket League in the "just one more game" mindset. I think it'll have solid queues for a long time
- The base map and the wind map are both good. The turbulence thing in the wind thing is kinda wacky, but it's at least something to prep for. The bomb map is atrocious.
- CC feels a lot about timing stuns and knocking priority targets down quickly. I've been enjoying monk a lot because of the on demand stun and the limit break that removes guards and stuns for like ~2-3 seconds with awesome ST damage.
- I keep breaking my guard instantly because I keep mashing it. I wish it had a second cooldown between activation/reactivation.
- Really interested to see how things shake out when rankings get more "crystallized" (hah). Right now it's a random die between people who read their buttons and people who don't.
- Use your player comms, thanks

My biggest advice for playing is it to be smart about where your team is. If you get staggered and just wander in 1v5 you'll do nothing. Quickest way to lose.

Haven't tried frontlines with the new pvp stuff but it sounds like it will be wacky and interesting because everyone can heal like crazy

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 12, 2022

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I really want to dragoon LB the mid point of Onsal Hakair. 3 more days.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Whoever made this change... I just want to talk. I just want to have a quick chat.

https://twitter.com/JoCatFFXIV/status/1513966391254265862

Note Block fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 12, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Note Block posted:

Whoever made this change... I just want to talk. I just want to have a quick chat.

https://twitter.com/JoCatFFXIV/status/1513965619724660741

Thancred lost his Yugioh energy. :smith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vitamean posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

You have two other PvP modes for stacking with friends, let's just see how a solo one goes before dismissing it out of hand. Because god knows it won't need the help to suck.

By the way, they put /determined in the single worst possible place: the PvP series rewards. So now not only do you have to PvP for it, you'll only be able to get it for a few months.

My guildies often have an issue where exactly five people are around in the evenings. Since the other modes cap at 4, we were hoping for an option.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Vitamean posted:

I have my plate! I'm the Warrior of Light and I have my plate.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

jjac posted:

I have my plate! I'm the Warrior of Light and I have my plate.

I'm stealing this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What did they change in Copperbell? Has anyone played it yet?

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

What did they change in Copperbell? Has anyone played it yet?

from a reddit post detailing the changes to arr dungeons

Guy from Reddit posted:

Copperbell

Lighting overhauled.

Slight architecture changes but the progression and interactables are the same.

First boss completely revamped. Add phase removed. He has a targeted tank buster with the EW TB marker, as well as three yellow AoEs in sequence that leave a tiny bit of the room safe, followed by a conal AoE (Dodge the yellow then dodge the cone). Also casts Catapult which might be damage on one or all random players. I ran solo so this was hard to tell, it was just generic damage to me.

Second boss completely revamped. Generic targeted yellow AoEs and TB marker tank buster. Sub 50% or something, will cast Divide over and over, which causes about half the room to be covered in untargetable slimes that do point blank AoEs shortly after. Bombs, spriggans, splitting into multiple slimes that you kill are removed. Main slime is the boss and when you kill it that's it.

Third boss completely revamped. Has a donut AoE, a point blank AoE that also makes other parts of the room have AoEs (about half), a targeted marked tank buster, and a conal yellow AoE

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Someone talk to me about WAR in pvp. Does my LB remove guard from people that already have it up?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Ultima Weapon (Port Decumana) fight was reworked a bunch too, there's actually mechanics, it's kind of neat?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

6.1 MSQ was some excellent light fare after the nonstop emotional gutpunches of the last two expansions. It's pretty funny that it also gives Y'shtola some of the only characterization she's had in years - her looking like she's about to die of embarrassment after her extremely non-Serious Academician summoning ritual made me loving howl. I'm hoping they keep the trend up and expand her more in the same way they fleshed out Urianger and Thancred over Shadowbringers and Endwalker.

CC is one of the best pieces of side content they've ever added to the game. Game length's about perfect and it hits just the right level of casual PVP the game needs: totally comprehensible at a glance so that new players aren't overwhelmed, but with a lot of opportunity for skill expression and mastery under the hood if you're so inclined. Guard, Recuperate, and Purge are all wonderfully responsive at my 50ms~ ping. Can't comment much about balance yet, but SGE is an absolute beast with how much extra EHP and burst you can dish out. Pneuma + Phlegma + Toxikon II is a level of damage most people aren't anticipating, and you can easily ice someone who isn't anticipating it. LB feels a little underwhelming and seems to depend a lot on the kind of comp you're up against, being basically useless against heavy melee and comically strong against full ranged. Really hope it maintains a strong playerbase.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
CC has way too much downtime between rounds. You have to sit through a 30 seconds title screen then it makes you wait 30 seconds in spawn. Complete waste of time.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJ posted:

CC has way too much downtime between rounds. You have to sit through a 30 seconds title screen then it makes you wait 30 seconds in spawn. Complete waste of time.

I do think the flyby is unnecessary, although I love the title cards a ton. I wish they would just show the cards briefly before spawn, but there might be tech reasons they have to separate them out.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

If you didn't (6.1) blame Y'shtola you have grievously erred

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wow they actually designed a fight on irregular geometry again, I never thought I'd see the day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vitamean posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

48 options with on/off, I need to think of a good 6-letter word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well the MSQ dungeon's final boss has a fun mechanic. Endwalker continues to not have a single bad dungeon yet