Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I can bet a good chunk of money that none of these people actually know their elected officials

My state senator (D) is a geriatric preacher who was rated the Least Effective Legislator in the entire state assembly

My state rep (D) is a Young Democrats slug who wrestles himself into every selfie he sees and refuses to help unemployment claims in his office because "that's their problem". He got the seat because the party paid off the person who beat him last time

My city council (D) is having their wardless system being sued by the federal govt under the Voting Rights Act because it disenfranchises large swaths of the black community. Their response to the BLM protests was to approve more police funding for helicopters

My congressperson (D) has been under investigation multiple times by the FBI and was booed off the stage the last time she did an "income disparity forum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Pee pee poo poo

The Democrats are bad

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Gun control speaks to a big pool of ignorable donors without generating enough popular pressure or enthusiasm to actually rock the boat. The electoral losses were coming anyway, and the dems that matter will remain safe. It's perfect.

Yeah ultimately I have to conclude this is correct because I live in Texas and they're running a guy whose most famous political moment is "hell yes we're gonna take your AR-15s." You run that guy to grift money out of California, New York and Massachusetts Dem donors who are too stupid to know better, not to actually win.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/st...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
33% of the country has medical debt. We see you, we hear you.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
sounds perfect, adds a bunch of 400 page direct to promo emails from aetna that they can use as an excuse to raise rates

voet

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
You will be informed of your right (to pay it back or get sued) I am not sure what else you think government should do for you???

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fast cars loose anus posted:

You will be informed of your right (to pay it back or get sued) I am not sure what else you think government should do for you???

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Brrrmph posted:

Pee pee poo poo

The Democrats are bad

They are.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

if you missed this yesterday, here’s a great rebuttal to “we just need more votes to pass good things!”

https://twitter.com/erininthemorn/status/1513538700231286794?s=21&t=7Inzf6ei1z1z7SPY61l94Q

https://twitter.com/erininthemorn/status/1513539990822793224?s=21&t=7Inzf6ei1z1z7SPY61l94Q

then the dems (even some of the state reps) come and tell her she’s wrong and to shut up, actually, and she needs to work on educating those that may still need a nudge in the right direction!

https://twitter.com/erininthemorn/status/1513686629814312964?s=21&t=7Inzf6ei1z1z7SPY61l94Q

https://twitter.com/erininthemorn/status/1513685604323713038?s=21&t=7Inzf6ei1z1z7SPY61l94Q

https://twitter.com/jpenamelnyk/status/1513673834146287625?s=21&t=7Inzf6ei1z1z7SPY61l94Q

cowards are incapable of raising a finger at WHICH democrats are blocking this and they straight up killed the whole thing before voting so no one had to go on record and vote no

this is the Democratic Party. this is what they want you to vote for nationally. this is why they will get destroyed in 2022. they are a party of nothing. they are worse than republican because I at least know republicans WILL make my life worse.

Now come on there's no need to exaggerate. They aren't worse than republicans, they're just no better since they both play their part in making your life worse. The important thing is that the system works!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

they are a party of nothing. they are worse than republican because I at least know republicans WILL make my life worse.

They are worse than republicans because they take up time and space that could be used to actually help people. Instead they are just a horrible sucking void

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

No one should be forced into bankruptcy by medical debt without means tested access to legal advice

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I'm checking your rights that they're informing us of, and there's just two.

1. Your money
Or
2. Your life

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Business Gorillas posted:

I can bet a good chunk of money that none of these people actually know their elected officials

My state senator (D) is a geriatric preacher who was rated the Least Effective Legislator in the entire state assembly

My state rep (D) is a Young Democrats slug who wrestles himself into every selfie he sees and refuses to help unemployment claims in his office because "that's their problem". He got the seat because the party paid off the person who beat him last time

My city council (D) is having their wardless system being sued by the federal govt under the Voting Rights Act because it disenfranchises large swaths of the black community. Their response to the BLM protests was to approve more police funding for helicopters

My congressperson (D) has been under investigation multiple times by the FBI and was booed off the stage the last time she did an "income disparity forum"

my state rep (D) is against more commuter trains since they 'increase traffic'

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

No one should be forced into bankruptcy by medical debt without means tested access to legal advice

listen you godammned bernie bro, we all want unicorns and rainbows, but here in the real world they aren’t offering means tested legal advice. here in the real world what they can do is politely ask your debtor to send you the correct forms. and they are! or will! presumably

that’s called politics and us real democrats love it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

mastershakeman posted:

lol

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

If you have a one of those atf licenses to own silencers and poo poo i guess they do this already lol

That's a myth. Owning an NFA item doesn't let any form of law enforcement come inspect your house at random without a warrant. ATF can ask for proof of registration but not just whenever they want.

For FFL's / manufacturers, the ATF can inspect your records and poo poo but it has to be during business hours.

Personally, I'd rather silencers be made non-NFA. The extra cost and time it takes to get them is just a burden on folks who aren't wealthy to not blow their goddamn eardrums out.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mastershakeman posted:

lmao

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

tell me you live in Ohio without telling me you live in Ohio

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

this is the Democratic Party. this is what they want you to vote for nationally. this is why they will get destroyed in 2022. they are a party of nothing. they are worse than republican because I at least know republicans WILL make my life worse.

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1513700374825349121?t=hIu-KmDhHYYxLIT46OINOQ&s=19

this is an *insanely* condescending response to give to a citizen activist as a legislator, these freaks deserve much worse than getting destroyed in 2022

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this is an *insanely* condescending response to give to a citizen activist as a legislator, these freaks deserve much worse than getting destroyed in 2022

ignore you when you ask for something, then poo poo on you when you get mad at them for not only ignoring you, but betraying you.

the democrats!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1513700374825349121?t=hIu-KmDhHYYxLIT46OINOQ&s=19

I hope they never get another vote in their rotten miserable lives

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
twitter activism lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

twitter activism lol

very embarrassing for the democrats when someone posting from a hospital bed can genuinely claim to have done more to pass a bill than the actual legislature

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

"strategize on how to get this over the finish line" what does that even mean

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stereotype posted:

"strategize on how to get this over the finish line" what does that even mean

Zoom calls .

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
contact me privately so i can ignore you without being embarrassed on social media

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

democrats need to consolidate finish lines

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Running up massive legal debt to avoid my medical debt. Thank you Brandon

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
everyone deserves access to finish lines

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the problem is that you have not voted enough of these people into office.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/ass_dentata/sta...ingawful.com%2F

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Free tip: if your get out and vote! spiel ends with "stop complaining" you should try again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

twitter activism lol

posting isn't praxis but in this case she did wind up doing literally more than the elected officials claiming to support her plus she was recovering from major surgery so I think she very firmly gets the win here.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
no one gets the win here lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Wait, why does the person recovering from surgery get the L?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
as a proud posting warrior, retweeting state lege updates from a hospital bed does not earn you a place in valhalla

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

:newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I was wondering why I got a letter in the mail the other day with no return address and a single page inside, on which, centered vertically and horizontally and in comic sans font, the message "you have no rights" had been printed out

thank you president brandon